View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 09:56 PM   #23
Gocka

Gocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud of

I never really thought about it that way. Actually the only way they convinced me to actually go, was that I wasn't going to Greece, rather to Egejska Makedonija, it made me feel better about it.

You do make an interesting point, if we do consider it as part of our homeland, then how can we let them keep us from going there.

On the other hand, how do you reconcile the fact that you are contributing to their economy, which in turn is the same as giving money directly the the same government that wants to wipe our people off the map?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
I can't say I share this sentiment.

I personally always try to visit occupied territories on any trip I make over there, I mean why wouldn't I?, its all our country isn't it?, its all Macedonia isn't it?. Are you going to let the Greeks stop you from visiting and enjoying your own land?

Unless of course you think it isn't your own land, that it isn't Macedonia?

If so, do you also think that there also aren't any Macedonians still living and working there?

The Greeks may govern it, like many other nations and empires have in the past, but its not there's, its ours, as soon as you treat it as theirs, then it will become theirs. As far as I'm concerned, the bigger the Macedonian presence is in the occupied territories, socializing with one another, speaking our language, enjoying our culture, the better.
Gocka is offline   Reply With Quote