View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 07:17 PM   #26
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slovak/Anomaly/Tomas View Post
That's just my schoolbook knowledge. I was never interested in that part of history and I never checked so I don't know the sources. I do know that there aren't virtually any historical records that speak of Kraljević Marko and many if not most historians consider him a mythical figure as well as many other folklore characters from that time. All that is known about him is mostly folklore with hundreds of versions from Dubrovnik to Tsarigrad.
You're correct Slovak, it still amazes me that his legend was known in all the Balkans rather than just Macedonia and Serbia, he really must have been a man of the people, for the people.