• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

General Makedonski of the Pandouri

Here's a bigger picture of the text written on the bottom of page 112;

And here's a little bit of info about General Makedonski while he served in the Pandouri.

Last edited by TrueMacedonian; 03-10-2009, 03:54 PM.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • makedonin
    • Sep 2008

Yep, interesting find TM.

Daskalot go beshe publikuval isto pred nekoja godina.
    To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Daskalot, if you anything to add with respect to this character, please do so. I recall long discussions about Mr Makedonski a while back, we should re-visit them here, as he sounds like an interesting figure.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Daskalot
        • Sep 2008

The information I have about him is available on our front page. I will try and find some more. Thank you TM for this great find.
        Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• DrVosi
          • Mar 2009

General Makedonski sure wasnt a Makedonski if that is what your trying to prove. Macedonian origin just means he came from Macedonia.
          Any idea why he was hanging around guys like Diamantis and Kolokotronis??

Later on in section II it mentions a race of people from the Pierian plain?
          Do you have any idea where Pieria is? Of course not.
          It mentions that they were Macedonian Armatoles?? Do you have any idea what Armatoles means?? Probably not.
          Even the Chinese guy who got a huge thread devoted to him called himself an Armatole. Thats your homework for tonight.
          This is just another example of authors using the term Macedonian to describe the Greek speaking population of Macedonia.

- The best soldiers are a few Athenians, Acarnanians, Thessalians, Macedonians, Epirotes , Albanians, Bulgarians and Servians.

Surely in a sentence which includes Epirotes, Thessalians and Athenians you cant honestly think he is talking about Macedonians as you would like it. Luckily they are grouped in between the Athenians and Epirotes and not with the Bulgarians and Servians!! I beleive that was the logic you used in the other thread with the Rascians !!?!?

----
          Dr AV*
          Last edited by DrVosi; 04-17-2009, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• Daskalot
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DrVosi View Post
            General Makedonski sure wasnt a Makedonski if that is what your trying to prove. Macedonian origin just means he came from Macedonia.
            Any idea why he was hanging around guys like Diamantis and Kolokotronis??

Later on in section II it mentions a race of people from the Pierian plain?
            Do you have any idea where Pieria is? Of course not.
            It mentions that they were Macedonian Armatoles?? Do you have any idea what Armatoles means?? Probably not.
            Even the Chinese guy who got a huge thread devoted to him called himself an Armatole. Thats your homework for tonight.
            This is just another example of authors using the term Macedonian to describe the Greek speaking population of Macedonia.

- The best soldiers are a few Athenians, Acarnanians, Thessalians, Macedonians, Epirotes , Albanians, Bulgarians and Servians.

Surely in a sentence which includes Epirotes, Thessalians and Athenians you cant honestly think he is talking about Macedonians as you would like it. Luckily they are grouped in between the Athenians and Epirotes and not with the Bulgarians and Servians!! I beleive that was the logic you used in the other thread with the Rascians !!?!?

----
            Dr AV*
            you must be blind or a you subscribing yourself the good stuff Dr.?

His name was MAKEDONSKI why would a Greek use that name and not MAKEDONAS?

tell me that first then I will help you out.

Comment

• DrVosi
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
              you must be blind or a you subscribing yourself the good stuff Dr.?

His name was MAKEDONSKI why would a Greek use that name and not MAKEDONAS?

tell me that first then I will help you out.
              Because he was a Russian Your not the only ones that use ski, polish use it as well. .
              Makedonski was a Russian of Macedonian origin.
              Help me out now.
              Last edited by DrVosi; 04-18-2009, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• Daskalot
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DrVosi View Post
                Because he was a Russian Your not the only ones that use ski, polish use it as well.
                Help me out now.
                He was a Russian, that somehow was Greek that rather had a "Russian" name then one in his native Romeika...... you are a funny chap....

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                  • Jan 2009

So I stumbled upon this book and so far it is very interesting. Here's something I found in it;

Dimitrije Makedonski. A Macedonian!

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                    • Jan 2009

Dr.V stupidly states;
                    Obviously you DO know what an armatole is and the fact that you state "greek" speaking and not ETHNIC "greek" is more than enough for me. I am sure you were on the top of your class in modern "greek" school but probably flunked out of Aussie grade school

Comment

• Daskalot
                      • Sep 2008

I thank you TM for your good work, it is always a pleasure to read your findings!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
                        So I stumbled upon this book and so far it is very interesting. Here's something I found in it;

Dimitrije Makedonski. A Macedonian!
                        Good stuff TM, good supportive information concerning this figure. Macedonians existed, and so long as the Greek position rests on denying the Macedonian identity, it will forever lose the arguments.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

This is excellent,If we could get to turkish archives as well they speak loud & clear regarding our identity etc
                          George S.
                          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

The Romanians intrigue me, especially in their interactions with the phanariotes.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Here are some wiki excerpts from an article about an interesting figure:

Alexandru Macedonski (Romanian pronunciation: [alekˈsandru mat͡ʃeˈdonski]; also rendered as Al. A. Macedonski, Macedonschi or Macedonsky; March 14, 1854 – November 24, 1920) was a Wallachian-born Romanian poet, novelist, dramatist and literary critic, known especially for having promoted French Symbolism in his native country, and for leading the Romanian Symbolist movement during its early decades.

The scion of a political and aristocratic family, the poet was the son of General Alexandru Macedonski, who served as Defense Minister, and the grandson of 1821 rebel Dimitrie Macedonski.

The poet's paternal family had arrived in Wallachia during the early 19th century. Of South Slav (Serb or Bulgarian)[1] or Aromanian[2][3] origin, they claimed to have descended from Serb insurgents in Ottoman-ruled Macedonia.[2] Alexandru's grandfather Dimitrie and Dimitrie's brother Pavel participated in the 1821 uprising against the Phanariote administration, and in alliance with the Filiki Eteria; Dimitrie made the object of controversy when, during the final stage of the revolt, he sided with the Eteria in its confrontation with Wallachian leader Tudor Vladimirescu, taking an active part in the latter's killing.[4]

[1]^ Călinescu, p.517; Vianu, Vol.II, p.330
                              [2]^ a b c Călinescu, p.517
                              [3]^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p (Romanian) Virgiliu Z. Teodorescu, "Alexandru Macedonski - 150 de ani de la naştere", in Cronica Romānă, March 15, 2004
                              [4]^ Călinescu, p.517; Vianu, Vol.II, p.333-334
                              How sad it is that Macedonia lost many of her talented people not for the unprepared Macedonian Cause, but for the causes of other peoples. This is just one of many examples, and it is these such examples which allow people to create lies and write such rubbish about people of Macedonian origin. The Makedonski family were exactly as their namesake suggests - Macedonians.

Comment

Working...
                              X