National Geographic, On the Monastir road, 1917!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

National Geographic, On the Monastir road, 1917!

“Neither Bulgar nor Serb,” said one such old woman, defiantly, when we left the Monastir road at Dobraveni. “I am Macedonian only and I am sick of war.”
    Taken from The National Geographic Magazine, “On the Monastir Road”, May 1917, page 388.
    Macedonian Truth Organisation
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

I am Macedonian only!
    Bump!

Comment

• Daniel the Great
      • Nov 2009

Good find Daskalot, i'm surprised no one commented on it back in 2008.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
        • Nov 2009

I am sure the Greeks will make this into some form of geographic sense or the fact she missed Greek they will imply she is in deed that. lol

She knows what she is even before Tito. Stick it!
        Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• makedonche
          • Oct 2008

Daskale
          Good reminder! That's all it takes I am Macedonian only,
          although the modern day version may be ammended to " Iam Macedonian only and definitely nothing to do with Greek or Bulgarian or Serbian or Albanian"
          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
            Daskale
            Good reminder! That's all it takes I am Macedonian only,
            although the modern day version may be ammended to " Iam Macedonian only and definitely nothing to do with Greek or Bulgarian or Serbian or Albanian"
            I think you're right. There never used to be any doubt before. Now the successive Macedonian governments have betrayed all Macedonians by talking about shared identities etc.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

I am Macedonian only. Period. I don't think we should even grant any others the satisfaction of saying what we are not, just tell them what we are.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

I am Macedonian (only) too.
                But Gruevski talks about how we are not monopolising this name.
                He also insists on removing our symbols.
                I have a fear that we will not be Macedonian much longer in the eyes of the world.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• makedonche
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  I am Macedonian (only) too.
                  But Gruevski talks about how we are not monopolising this name.
                  He also insists on removing our symbols.
                  I have a fear that we will not be Macedonian much longer in the eyes of the world.
                  Risto
                  I fear the world is already reading the Albanian language attached to all signs, government buildings, ministerial meetings and getting an eyeful of Macedonia's Albanianness! Thanks to you know who, supported by you know who and awarded by you know who!

@Som
                  Agreed, I am Macedonian only, our old and current catchcry! Consistency is a good thing (are you listening Meto).
                  On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Po-drum
                    • Mar 2009

Here some Macedonians in 1917 from Bitola village, Velushina.

«Αυτοί εδώ οι χωριάτες, που τη γλώσσα τους την καταλαβαίνουν περίφημα κι οι Βούλγαροι κι οι Σέρβοι, αντιπαθούν τους πρώτους γιατί τους πήρανε τα παιδιά τους στο στρατό. Μισούν τους δεύτερους που τους κακομεταχειρίζονται για Βούλγαρους. Και κοιτάνε με αρκετά συμπαθητική περιέργεια εμάς τους περαστικούς Ρωμιούς επειδή είμαστε οι γνήσιοι πνευματικοί υπήκοοι του Πατρίκ, δηλαδή του «Ορθόδοξου Πατριάρχη της Πόλης». (…) Ωστόσο, δεν θέλουν να ΄ναι μήτε «Μπουλγκάρ» (Βούλγαροι), μήτε «Σρρπ» (Σέρβοι), μήτε «Γκρρτς» (Έλληνες). Μονάχα «Μακεντόν ορτοντόξ»

(«Η ζωή εν τάφω» Μυριβήλης, Στράτης, 1η έκδοση [1924], επανέκδ. Αθήνα 1991, σ. 104-5).

...nor Bulgarian, nor Serbs, nor Greeks. Only "ortodox Macedonian".

Low resolution scans:
                    Code:
                    http://akritas-history-of-makedonia.blogspot.com/2009/01/blog-post_5125.html
                    Please if someone could make logic translation of greek text.

This last sentence (Μονάχα «Μακεντόν ορτοντόξ») has been cut in after the 1944 edition of "Life that buried" by the same writer who had now become a member of Nationalist rule, even publiclywished "to make whole, Greece an immense Makronisos' ...
                    Macedonia - my shoulders from ruins and skies

Comment

• Daskalot
                      • Sep 2008

Po-drum, that book is already posted on the forum by Lorenzo, he has provided high resolution scans of the pages.
                      See here http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...ead.php?t=5665

Comment

• Po-drum
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                        Po-drum, that book is already posted on the forum by Lorenzo, he has provided high resolution scans of the pages.
                        See here http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...ead.php?t=5665
                        Oh, I haven't seen that post.
                        But it's nice proof and we have to use it.
                        Macedonia - my shoulders from ruins and skies

Comment

Working...
                        X