X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

16 for Macedonia

Macedonia appears to be in an ideological vacuum.
    The need for some simple ideological reminders of the desire of Macedonians in modern times as well as historically is more than necessary.

The 16 ray Macedonian sun symbol makes all Macedonians proud. It has been taken away from Macedonians in the Republic of Macedonia against their wishes. Many modern Macedonians no longer even remember the treachery behind the removal of our symbol.

Imagine a simple symbol for the hopes of Macedonians all around the world. Imagine if every successful sporting team, academic, political figure etc simply used a "gesture" to convey the desire for pride in the Macedonian identity and sovereignty of the Macedonian nation.

Imagine a stadium full of people making the following hand gesture.
    Imagine a politician facing a crowd making the following hand gesture.
    Imagine an Macedonian Olympic athlete winning a medal and making this symbol.

Whatever it may mean to anyone else is not clear, but for Macedonians it will represent 16 for Macedonia ... a symbol of hope and pride.

Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Daniel the Great
    • Nov 2009

I think that's the United Macedonia salute.

Comment

• Zarni
      Banned
      • May 2011

This is quite a brilliant Idea Risto I think the MTO should make it a policy in thier next campaign to be promoted in Macedonia like the no name change campaign

Comment

• Daskalot
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daniel the Great View Post
        I think that's the United Macedonia salute.

I think this is the one with three fingers raised.
        Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Daniel the Great
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post

Ye that's the one. the three fingers raised stand for the three divided regions, Egejska, Vardarska and Pirinska Makedonija. And the thumb and pointer finger circled make an O standing for Obedineta (United). United Macedonia.

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
            • Sep 2010

I never knew about this. It's always good to learn something

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post

I think the 3 fingers one is "optimistic" to say the least.
              Why would any of the other 2 fingers want to join the finger that refuses to call itself Macedonia?

Self respect is sorely lacking in Macedonia.

I say we should be looking at baby steps here. A little bit of pride will go a long way.
              Risto the Great

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                • Jan 2009

The United Macedonia salute

Meanings of the salute

The United Macedonia salute is a salute with the thumb and pointing finger shaped in a circle and the left over three fingers pointing up, used by some nationalist Macedonians in Macedonia as well among Macedonians in the diaspora, advocating the irredentist concept of United Macedonia.
                The meaning of this salute is, as said by Macedonians, the two fingers in a circle symbolize the letter 'O', which is the first letter of the Macedonian word 'Обединета' (Obedineta) meaning 'United' in Macedonian referring to a United Macedonia. The other three fingers symbolize the three regions of Macedonia; Vardar Macedonia, Aegean Macedonia and Pirin Macedonia. The five fingers as a whole resemble the Vergina Sun, which was Macedonia's flag from 1992 to 1995.

eNotes.com has study guides, lesson plans, quizzes with a vibrant community of knowledgeable teachers and students to help you with almost any subject.

This is something that the Macedonians from the Republic and Macedonians around the world should use to put the meassge across,
                A symbol so that the world realises that there is other parts of Macedonia that's currently occupied..
                How good would it be if every Macedonian uses this symbol especially in sporting events.. The symbol or message will get people talking..

RTG could we have the title changed to "The United Macedonia salute"
                The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                  • Jan 2009

Last edited by The LION will ROAR; 04-16-2013, 01:42 AM.
                  The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                    • Jan 2009

Last edited by The LION will ROAR; 04-16-2013, 01:42 AM.

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                      • Jan 2009

Last edited by The LION will ROAR; 04-16-2013, 01:43 AM.

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

I still beleive that a soverign nation should be able to fly it's chosen constitutional flag no matter what the consequences for the other party.Greece seems to hide those symbols into historical oblivion as it allready had its own seperate state symbols in existence.Where as
                        just like greece acquired macedonian lands & now the macedonian symbols are an acquired items.Macedonia didn't even consult with it's people just comprimised for the ventilator.Greece oes not even use the macedonian symbols.Macedonia should never have surrendered its own symbols merely to appease greece.
                        Last edited by George S.; 04-26-2012, 03:50 AM.
                        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

George, a forum participant made an interesting observation ages ago.
                          Type "constitutional name" in Google and see how soon Macedonia comes up.

As far as I am concerned, I spit on Macedonia's constitution and the sooner more Macedonians do, the sooner true rights will be enjoyed by Macedonia's citizens.

So a "constitutional flag" is another one of those weirdly unique Macedonian issues.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Brian
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Daniel the Great View Post
                            Ye that's the one. the three fingers raised stand for the three divided regions, Egejska, Vardarska and Pirinska Makedonija. And the thumb and pointer finger circled make an O standing for Obedineta (United). United Macedonia.
                            Great idea Daniel the Great, but wasn't there another part of Macedonia in Albania? or have the Macedonians concieded it to the Albanians like southern Serbia (I have heard Macedonia extended beyond Nis, not sure about Kosovo/Gorani) - guess we'll need more fingers maybe?

RtG Post001
                            Imagine a simple symbol for the hopes of Macedonians all around the world. Imagine if every successful sporting team, academic, political figure etc simply used a "gesture" to convey the desire for pride in the Macedonian identity and sovereignty of the Macedonian nation.

Imagine a stadium full of people making the following hand gesture.
                            Imagine a politician facing a crowd making the following hand gesture.
                            Imagine an Macedonian Olympic athlete winning a medal and making this symbol.
                            Absolutely right RtG, taking every opportunity to promote Macedonian and her symbols is the only way to go, like the Black athletes raising there fist in the air for Black Pride which was also used at ever protest during the Civil Rights Movement.

Whatever it may mean to anyone else is not clear, but for Macedonians it will represent 16 for Macedonia ... a symbol of hope and pride.
                            I guess you've been reading "Brian's Corner" or doing your own research - like the Hot Cross Bun example the weird people have no exclusive use to symbols and to hell with them, We have our rights.

Why would any of the other 2 fingers want to join the finger that refuses to call itself Macedonia?

Self respect is sorely lacking in Macedonia.
                            LOL.I guess RoM must be the 'middle finger', although I have heard they use/used to use the index finger for that purpose - makedonska rabota.

Self respect has been lacking from the beginning and I agree it's sorely needed.

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

I fully agree with you RTG.The more you look at it the more things are wrong with macedonia.They have to wipe the slate clean & start again if we are going to be really be macedonians.
                              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                              X