Rehn urges Macedonia to implement reforms !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dimko-piperkata
    • Sep 2008

Rehn urges Macedonia to implement reforms !!!

Skopje /04/09/ 14:17

EU Enlargement Commissioner Ollie Rehn called on Thursday Macedonia to enact "substantial" new reform efforts before talks could start on joining the EU.

Substantial further efforts are still needed before we can tick all the boxes of these eight benchmarks, Rehn told reporters, after talks in Brussels with Macedonian Deputy Prime Minister Ivica Bocevski.

The benchmarks cover areas like political dialogue, implementation of police laws, the fight against corruption, judiciary and public administration reform, and measures to boost employment and business.

These are essential conditions in creating a truly European society," Rehn said.

Rehn also pointed to a "ninth benchmark": the conduct of elections.

Measures to ensure that future elections are free and fair also need to be introduced, the commissioner said, adding that in the four years that he has been commissioner, in every election there had been certain shortcomings.

On the other hand, Rehn welcomed Macedonia's progress toward visa liberalization.

"I welcome the good progress done in the field of the requirements that have to be met for visa liberalization," EU Enlargement Commissioner Olli Rehn said.

He pointed out that his office wanted to see ordinary Macedonians being able to visit the EU without a visa "sooner rather than later".

"Macedonia has met the criteria for visa liberalisation," said Macedonian Deputy Prime Minister Bocevski.

The EU is due to present its next detailed report on the country's progress towards EU membership and visa free travel in November

we, the macedonians dont need the fascist EU !
    slowly but surely, this behaviour from our gov. is going to be distressing !
    we´re fed up to the back teeth.

stop beating around the bush!
    we all know that the EU always stood behind the naci greeks and will always stay.

GO OUT OF THE NEGOTIATIONS
    1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
    2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...
  • Jankovska
    • Sep 2008

It's the same old rubbish they have been preaching to us for years now. Macedonia should concentrate on improving economy and living, we don't need the EU. MAcedonia is a small country that can do without the EU, if we had a better economy, laws and fight corruption we will be just fine without the EU. However I don;t know what Greece will do if we decide to quit talks with the EU? I mean at the moment that is the only card they are playing.

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
      • Sep 2008

GREASE will put again an emargo over us, that is for sure...

our gov. MUST realize that WE r NOT the ONE who needs the EU, in fact the contrary is the case.

tie nas trebat da ni se pikaat vgaz a ne mie nim!
      2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Jankovska
        • Sep 2008

I don't see a big disaster if they impose an embargo on us. As of today visa's are not required for Albania so Albanian port is available for use as well as our relations being strong with Turkey will not make it really hard. However that embargo will work both ways, Greece has millions worth of business in Macedonia. With the world economy and Greece's debt I doubt they can do anything more but just threat us with EU and NATO veto.
        Their game is coming to an end.

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
          • Sep 2008

exactly, they reached the point of no return, they have nothing @ll to lose and therefore they will embargo us...

anytime soon we will be REUnited again, grease will collapse and split

Comment

• Makedonia
            Banned
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Dimko-piperkata View Post
            exactly, they reached the point of no return, they have nothing @ll to lose and therefore they will embargo us...

anytime soon we will be REUnited again, grease will collapse and split
            Reunited in 2013 maybe Dimko?

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Makedonia View Post
              that or WAR

anyhow, sooner or later greece will split

Comment

• Pelister
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Makedonia View Post
                If there is any chance of that, they would have to start work on it now.

Raising the Treaty that split ethnic Macedonia at a political and international level can only be a good thing. It would if anything serve as a reminder to Europe of what they did to the Macedonians.

As for Oli Rehn. I don't trust him. I never have. I never liked the E.U. It's too incestuous.

The Macedonian economy is so small that any reasonably largish injection of foreign capital would significantly improve it. The little state is facing a number of threats, internallly from the Albanians, and externally from the Greeks. I think devolving power to its minorities and decentralizing government administration, in accordance with the E.U is just not worth it. Currently, the perceived economic benefits of E.U membership simply do not outweight the costs in terms of how it will weaken greater centralized control in the State apparatus. I've always thought that Macedonia needs a stronger central government, and thats what it now appears is happenning.

Comment

• Volk
                  • Sep 2008

If these fantasies are remotley possible, there needs to be a trained army reserve of 30,000 soldiers, whith advanced anti air craft and anti tank weapons...

As for the EU, keep taking thier money, they are stringing us along, we can do the same
                  Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Pelister
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
                    If these fantasies are remotley possible, there needs to be a trained army reserve of 30,000 soldiers, whith advanced anti air craft and anti tank weapons...

As for the EU, keep taking thier money, they are stringing us along, we can do the same

The Macedonians need a strong army to defend themselves, no doubt about that; the fact is they face a number of military threats, internally and externally.

An economic embargo, is in my opinion another way of saying we're at war.

The advanced anti-aircraft technology these days is incredible ... can be carried by one man, operated by two, and strike a jet up to 50 miles away.

Comment

• Volk
                      • Sep 2008

Makedonija ne moze so grcija da prizevee vo otvorene vojna, samo ima sansa ako turcite se vklucat, grcite go znaat ova i zotoa ne vlegoa vo MKD vo 90tite.

Sega zemjata ima 8000 profesionalni vojnici od kogo 25% se albanci, znaci vistinskata brojka e 6000. Toa ne e dovonlno za nisto, osven anti gerilski nameni.

Sto i fali na MKD e bela kniga, ili strategija za odbrana na drzavata od nadvoresni sili, grcija i pomalku bugarija.

Isto taka i fali strategija za vleguvane vo Egej sto treba da postoj pok nekoj scenarios...
                      Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Jankovska
                        • Sep 2008

I don't think we need to go in war, I think we need to start putting pressure on Greece from every side, return of properties for Egejci and most importantly uniting with the Egejci. We would not need a war, we need to organise ourselevs strong with Egejci, Macedonians from the Republic and Diaspora and start a vostanie. Egejcite supported by the Macedonian in RoM and Macedonians in the diaspora can push things much further than any war would ever take us. We need to organise ourselves.

Comment

• Volk
                          • Sep 2008

I don't think we need to go in war
                          I never said we did, I am just saying war will come, it always does, look at history, we just need to be prapared for it thats all.
                          Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Rogi
                            • Sep 2008

All we need is significantly increase trade between Republic of Macedonia and Aegean Macedonia, and significantly increased tourism between Republic of Macedonia and Aegean Macedonia.

All our people need to do is mingle, one way or another, with their brothers across the modern border, they'll figure out the rest for themselves real quick.

Comment

• Jankovska
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                              All we need is significantly increase trade between Republic of Macedonia and Aegean Macedonia, and significantly increased tourism between Republic of Macedonia and Aegean Macedonia.

All our people need to do is mingle, one way or another, with their brothers across the modern border, they'll figure out the rest for themselves real quick.
                              Spot on Roqi

Comment

Working...
                              X