X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • I of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

iGenea DNA test confirms Macedonians

YouTube - iGenea DNA test confirms that Macedonians are the successors of the Ancient Macedonians!

It's good when it mentions the following:

In the last period the official forum of the Swiss institute is full with questions that arrive from the Greek citizens, which are mostly interested about the origin of the Macedonians instead of their own origin.

Found the following from the iGenea website

iGENEA works together closely with FamilytreeDNA. The DNA-Analyses are performed in the laboratory of FamilytreeDNA in Houston (USA).

FamilyTreeDNA was founded in 2000 and was the first company in the world to carry out DNA-genealogy tests that concentrated on genealogical research. Today, FamilyTreeDNA possesses the largest genealogical DNA database in the world.

iGENEA is the European branch of Family Tree DNA, the leading organisation for DNA genealogy. FamilyTreeDNA carries out 90% of all DNA genealogy tests worldwide.

The focus of our area of research lies on the analysis of European origins and the comparison of historical, anthropological, and archaeological sources with the newest discoveries from the field of genetics. iGENEA wants to learn, which indigenous peoples left their traces in Europe and what fascinating and multitudinous roots today's Europeans still carry in them.

iGENEA is a bridge between historical research and genetics and seeks to use the advantages offered by both fields in an interdisciplinary manner, in order to learn more about our origins. While research in the field of history provides the underlying theory, methods of genetic research enable us to evaluate the effects and truth content of the underlying historical assumptions.

Y-Haplogroups (from iGenea website)

Macedonia
    I2A – 39%, E1B1B – 26%, RIA - 20%, J2 – 15%, RIB – 10%

Serbia
    I2A – 28%, E1B1B – 20%,, RIA – 19%, J2 – 9%, RIB – 14%

Bulgaria
    E1B1B – 31%, RIA – 28%, RIB – 41%

Greece
    I2A – 11%, E1B1B – 32%, RIA – 12%, J2 – 14%, RIB - 31%

Ukraine
    I2A – 15%, E1B1B – 10%, RIA – 57%, J2 – 7%, RIB – 11%

Post from iGENEA to 14.07.2008 (from official iGenea forum in response to a question)

We have a lot of customers, who carried out a DNATest and discovered their Macedonian roots. A German journalist is actually searching Macedonian customers; Please, if you would be interest to talk to her, contact me under : [email protected].

Inma Pazos
    iGENEA
    Tel. +41 (0)43 233 81 51
    [email protected]

Furhter from iGenea website

How can a family be genetically distinguished?

The DNA of all human beings is up to 99.9% identical. The remaining 0.1% are the source of the individual differences (e.g. eye colour, risks of certain illnesses, or deviations with no discernable function). Once in a while, there are non-functional sections in DNA, a coincidental harmless change called a Mutation. All descendants of that person will inherit this same mutation. If the same mutation shows up generations later in the DNA of two people, it is apparent, that they have a common ancestor. Mutations build the basis for the construction of a genetic family tree.

How can DNA say anything about my Origins?

Comparison of mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) and Y-chromosome DNA of people from different people groups provide geneticists with an idea of when and where these groups have travelled in the migrations of peoples around the world. Mutations do not merely mark individual families, but also entire sub-populations (population groups). When one researches the occurrence or frequency of certain mutations (markers), one can sub-divide the complex family tree of the human race into individual branches.

If a people group migrates, or lives for a long time in geographic isolation– meaning that there would be no genetic exchange with other groups– then it develops its own mutation pattern. It becomes a haplogroup with genetic characteristics, that are unmistakeable. Each one of these groups stands for a branch of the human family tree: In Europe, for example, other haplogroups are distributed than in Africa or Asia.

Even social and religious traditions leave their traces behind in the inherited genetic material, since the members of some groups preferentially marry among themselves. Although, for example, Celts and Germanic Tribes often encountered each other, there were hardly any intermarriages. The same is true, for example, of Jews, who lived in isolation for centuries and have thus preserved specific genetic characteristics.

Even when written history falls silent, DNAGenealogy can further research and decipher the history of humankind. Thanks to the socalled molecular clock, the point in time when two lines divided and the epoch in which their last common ancestor lived can be determined. Analyses of genetic material also reveal the Wanderlust of the first humans. Researches discovered remarkable similarities between the people groups in India, Oceania, and Australia, as well as between Siberian peoples and Native Americans. Thanks to the molecular clock, we can not only determine the point in time and the origin of the migration, but also how the peoples are related to each other. This is how, for example, the ancestral origin of the Basques was discovered.

Last edited by I of Macedon; 09-26-2008, 01:17 AM.
    No need to sit in the shade, because we stand under our own sun
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

This is what will put an end to the Greek myth in Macedonia, as many of us should conduct this test so we can stand our ground with GENETICAL DATA.
    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• I of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Post from iGENEA to 26.09.2008

Thank you for your Emails…A Macedonian genetic profile exists and has been discovered through the comparison of archaeological finds and persons with Macedonian roots. These studies enable us to determine the Macedonian roots of a person. We have 30% of Macedonians in Macedonia, 20% in Greece and minorities in Bulgaria and Albania.

It is very important to differ between politics and genetics, we are a genetic institute and we don't have political aims!!!

All countries in Europe show different roots…We have Arab, Berber, Phoenician, Iberian, Celtic, Germanic and Viking roots in Spain and Italian. Greece, Albania, Bulgaria, Macedonian, Croatia, etc, show genetic differences, but these are not as strong as politics tell us the whole time.

Inma Pazos
      iGENEA
      Tel. +41 (0)43 233 81 51
      [email protected]

The following is the genetic composition in the following countries (remember there is no such thing as a pure race), and notice how the Slav element is larger in Greece than in Macedonia.

Post from iGENEA to 26.09.2008

Albania:
      30% Illyrians
      15% Phoenician
      14% Hellenen
      18%Thraker
      2% Vikings
      20% slavs

Greece:
      10% Germanic
      10%illyrians
      20% slavs
      20% phoenician
      5% macedonian (in north more than 18%)
      35% Hellenen

Bulgaria:
      49%Thraker
      11%macedonian
      15%slavs
      15%hellenen
      5% pheonician

Macedonia:
      30%macedonian
      10% illyrian
      15% hellenen
      5%phoenician
      20% germanic
      5% hunnen
      15% slavs

Inma Pazos
      iGENEA
      Tel. +41 (0)43 233 81 51
      [email protected]

Let’s face it, migrations of people do occur and always has throughout history for what ever reason. But the way our history is written suggests that the whole of Macedonia, as well as regions of Thrace, Illyria, Greece and so on, were all overran by the so called Slavic people and thus completely replaced the people originally living there.

To even think in such terms (by some people – unfortunately) is strange to even comprehend. Fair enough, if we are talking about very small regions and extremely small tribes, that can easily be overran. But when we are referring to Slavs overrunning powerful cultures and tribes, and thus land masses encompassing half of Europe and in such a short amount of time, as suggested by the Slav invasion theories (as emphasized by many Greeks and others – for obvious political reasons) it then becomes quite overwhelming, confusing and extraordinary to say the least..
      No need to sit in the shade, because we stand under our own sun

Comment

• Bratot
        • Sep 2008

Yes, Macedonians can already say that he originally a Macedonian, but only if it is from a mountainous region or from an isolated or difficult to access area stem, or through a DNA test has been designated as Macedonians. Initial analysis of your DNA can give us an absolutely safe answer.

Eве нешто од шпанскиот форум на истата страна:

The Slavs are a people originally from Russia, which over the centuries 9 and 10 emigrated to Europe and colonized various parts of central Europe. Today we use this definition so wrong, because we define as Slavs to all inhabitants of Eastern Europe. Countries such as Poland, Ukraine, Slovenia, etc. Still has Slavic roots, but in the Balkan countries or in Romania or Hungary we have other origins.

Today 20% of German, Austrian and Swiss have Slavic roots.
        The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

I've been reading the Igenea forum and I ask myself how accurate is the info that they obtain. Really, how accurate is it?
          Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Onur
            • Apr 2010

Macedonia:
            30%macedonian
            10% illyrian
            15% hellenen
            5%phoenician
            20% germanic
            5% hunnen
            15% slavs
            All of these ethnicity names given to the haplogroups are based on estimations according to historical data(maybe politics involves as well?) and most definitely, you cannot name any haplogroup with only one ethnicity like this result above because there is no such a thing as "pure race". So all haplogroups are more or less distributed among people.
            Last edited by Onur; 05-20-2010, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• osiris
              • Sep 2008

so more german in macedonia than slavic i really dont know how this can be when did the german migration happen lol

also what is an illyrian and if albanians are the illyrians how can they constitute 25% of the albanians of the current macedonian population when according to the dna they are only 10% of our population.

i think we are merely at the begining of our knowledge bout dna and how it relates to various peoples so lest wait and see how it all pans out this next decade.

Comment

• Mastika
                • Feb 2010

Personally I believe that these type of reports and findings hardly classify as scientific. The fact is most of them are mere assumptions, a persons ethnicity is not based on their relationship to a group of people 2,000 years ago but the communal culture, language and traditions which they share with other people of their ethnicity. There are so many flaws and variables with these it is not funny. Firstly to find a halogroup from 2000 years you have to assume what type of genetic composition that group of people had, which is hardly scientific and objective. There are so many more flaws with this kind of pseudo-evidence. The only value I would attribute to this is that it may or may not show some link to a past historical group which lived in a certain area, however the variables are so huge, and besides your identity is defined by your customs, culture and language, our blood is all the same, red.

ps. As Onur says there is no such thing as a pure race, so again how can you claim that one group is this% or that% descendended from a particular group. It is nonsensical.

Comment

• osiris
                  • Sep 2008

mastika if we were dealing with reasonable people like onur i would agree with your post, bt as you mention
                  The only value I would attribute to this is that it may or may not show some link to a past historical group which lived in a certain area, h
                  that is the crux of the current greek opposition to macedonia so we cannot simply ignore it and not confront it, if dna evidence can be shown conclusively that there is a genetic ie kinship link with ancinet macedonians then it must be used as a weapon in our political arsenal

Comment

• Mastika
                    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by osiris View Post
                    that is the crux of the current greek opposition to macedonia so we cannot simply ignore it and not confront it, if dna evidence can be shown conclusively that there is a genetic ie kinship link with ancinet macedonians then it must be used as a weapon in our political arsenal
                    I agree with what you are saying, the Greeks have turned to history as a way of discrediting our claim to the name Macedonia. The Greek argument is bullshit, all peoples inhabiting Macedonia have the right to use the name, you cannot copyright the name to a geographical area!!! (except for Champagne maybe lol). The fact is neither Macedonians nor Greeks are the pure descendants of the Ancient Macedonians. The pettiness of some Greeks really sickens me.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mastika
                      all peoples inhabiting Macedonia have the right to use the name
                      Not in the same way. Non-Macedonians can't go around saying their language, culture and ethnicity is Macedonian, they can basically only refer to geography. In your quoted sentence, you seem to be suggesting that other people have as much right to the Macedonian name as we do, which is misleading. What person that has self-respect and dignity would concede in such a humiliating way at the expense of their own heritage and identity?
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by I of Macedon View Post
                        Macedonia:
                        30%macedonian
                        10% illyrian
                        15% hellenen
                        5%phoenician
                        20% germanic
                        5% hunnen
                        15% slavs

I still don't fully understand this.
                        Dose it mean every Macedonian has got these ethnicities in there DNA?

Comment

• Mastika
                          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                          Not in the same way. Non-Macedonians can't go around saying their language, culture and ethnicity is Macedonian, they can basically only refer to geography. In your quoted sentence, you seem to be suggesting that other people have as much right to the Macedonian name as we do, which is misleading. What person that has self-respect and dignity would concede in such a humiliating way at the expense of their own heritage and identity?
                          Of course not in the same way (I did not say this and didn't mean to allude to it, if that is the impression you have gotten), however you know what I am trying to say. Any citizen of RoM has the right to call themselves a Macedonian national. All people born in Macedonia have the right to say that they were born in Macedonia. All people from Macedonia have the right to say that they are Macedonian (in a geographical sense).

As for being ethnically Macedonian, only we have the right to call ourselves that. My reference was talking about how people have the right to call themselves what ever they want to be called, whatever type of Macedonian they are (be it ethnic or geographical). Nobody has the right to tell others what to they can/cannot call themselves. In no way, shape or form am I conceding any part of my heritage or identity.

It is just a flaw of written text and the internet, it cannot express feelings, thoughts and emotions as well as a face to face conversation could.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by daniel the great View Post
                            I still don't fully understand this.
                            Dose it mean every Macedonian has got these ethnicities in there DNA?
                            No it doesn't. This probably obtained from a round about figure of people from Macedonia or who are Macedonian. I notice there is no Thracian element. I really find that hard to believe. This is why I personally would like to find out how accurate iGENEA's info is. All modern "greek" bs to the side has iGENEA been reviewed in any scientific journal? Anytime I do a search for iGENEA it seems topics about Macedonia and Macedonian haplogroups pop up. Here's exactly what I mean - http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...63d824c6065267
                            Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• fyrOM
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2010

The Germanic tribes swept through 2 or 3 times chasing the Romans so it is not surprising at all. Later you would recall the crusades which also meant 4 passes by. Not trying to be a wet blanket on this but this data is more than a year old and on other sites I have read people discrediting the findings. The bits they looked at supposedly were to few to be conclusive. Also igenea quickly shut their mouths very quickly about this time. By their protests that they are a scientific study and not political suggests political pressure was applied to shut them up not only for the Macedonian question but also it spoils the uns multicultural policy where we are all equal and should not consider our roots beyond mum and dad.

Comment

Working...
                              X