X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lavce pelagonski
    • Nov 2009

The glory od God

This is something that has truly touched my heart, God loves us and has blessed us with this most wondrous miracle. To look upon these icons and frescoes as if they were painted yesterday.

Божјо чудо - Св. Димитрија, Скопје - YouTube
    Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

Good video lavce
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• vicsinad
      • May 2011

Side note, which I don't know if anyone will care, but that priest that comes in at 1:03 was a Mac priest in Detroit for a long time. Good to see him again and know that he's still around

Comment

• Bij
        • Oct 2009

soo the ikons cleaned themselves? Not possible that someone went in and dusted them overnight?

The end of the program says that this church used to have 20 weddings a week, and is now lucky to have that many a year. They would have a good motive to create a buzz, would they not????

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

they must have used mr sheen on the icons.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
            • Nov 2009

Bij you can not simply clean them once thew paint fades thats it, this is a miracle dont cheapen it.
            Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• DraganOfStip
              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by lavce pelagonski View Post
              Bij you can not simply clean them once thew paint fades thats it, this is a miracle dont cheapen it.
              Lavce,not that I'm not a believer,but I too find this very suspicious the least.A good evidence would be pictures taken the previous day for comparison with pictures of the icons AFTER the alleged miracle.If the difference is too great,then this might be a sign from God that he hasn't forgotten about this tormented country and it's people.However,if the icons are simply dusted away and polished,or an additional "paint job" was done,then it would show that Bij's theory about luring tourists and weddings would stand firmly.In both cases I think a detailed analysis of the icons is needed for verification that would clear anyone's thoughts of a hoax.
              ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
              ― George Orwell

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

I think everyone here knows that I'm a Christian, so there's not secret as to what I'll say. I am naturally suspicious, with everything, including when it comes to 'miracles'. I would caution even the Christians among us to be weary of claims such as these and remember the words of Paul in 1Thessalonians 5:21 :

Do not treat prophecies with contempt 21 but test them all; hold on to what is good, 22 reject every kind of evil.
                This relates to miracles just as much. Firstly, I'd like to see the scientific evidence behind it to see that it wasn't done by someone. If it was inexplicable, I would then test the source - good or evil? What was the point of it? What message does it convey? Does it line up with the Bible?

Just my two cents.
                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                  • Jan 2010

No offence intended, but I think this is a bit of a publicity stunt. I'm a Christian myself (albeit somewhat moderate), but I still like to live by a degree of proof. If these types of things aren't questioned then we'll have people claiming miracles left, right and centre.

If it is indeed a miracle, then good on the church. If it isn't, then I say shame on them for trying to manipulate the public for business means.

Comment

• Bij
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                    I think everyone here knows that I'm a Christian, so there's not secret as to what I'll say. I am naturally suspicious, with everything, including when it comes to 'miracles'. I would caution even the Christians among us to be weary of claims such as these and remember the words of Paul in 1Thessalonians 5:21 :

This relates to miracles just as much. Firstly, I'd like to see the scientific evidence behind it to see that it wasn't done by someone. If it was inexplicable, I would then test the source - good or evil? What was the point of it? What message does it convey? Does it line up with the Bible?

Just my two cents.
                    Agreeing with me???? That's the miracle in all this!

Comment

• Volk
                      • Sep 2008

Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. Montreal Gazette offers information on latest national and international events & more.

SKOPJE - Hundreds of believers were lined up before the church of Sveti Dimitrije in Skopje to see icons that have started to shine without an apparent explanation, an AFP journalist reported Monday.

"It is really a miracle, it started Sunday in the central part of the iconostasis (a wall of icons and religious paintings), the golden colour is very visible and the phenomenon continues," Father Dimce Malinov told AFP.

According to the priest the icons and the frescoes in the Orthodox church started to shine as if they were being buffed by an invisible hand.

"Since this morning I have observed the phenomenon, half of the icons are already cleaned. First a red colour appears which turns golden (..) You can see the icons clearing up from top to bottom," Father Malinov said.

An AFP journalist on the scene said that it did look like the icons were getting brighter as she observed them.

The leader if the Macedonian Orthodox Church (MPC), Archbishop Stefan of Ohrid, came to the Sveti Dimitrije church on Monday to see the icons but would not comment.

Some 80 percent of the former Yugoslav republic's two million people are Orthodox Christians.
                      Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Niko777
                        • Oct 2010

I am suspicious that this is just a stunt.

-The church priest was complaining that no one attended the church anymore due to on going construction in the area and high parking fees.

-Archbishop Stefan will not comment on the phenomenon

Here is a photo of the "self cleaning icon". Notice that it is only a very small part of the icon that is clean, and it's on the bottom where it is easily reachable by human hands.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk's link
                          The leader if the Macedonian Orthodox Church (MPC), Archbishop Stefan of Ohrid, came to the Sveti Dimitrije church on Monday to see the icons but would not comment.

Some 80 percent of the former Yugoslav republic's two million people are Orthodox Christians.
                          Isn't it MPCOA nowadays? The lego church getting ready to slot into the Yugodox church system??

Is that 80% figure correct? I wonder where the statistic comes from.

Given the performance of Macedonian priests in recent times, I would be looking for miracles outside of churches,
                          Risto the Great
                          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• ProMKD
                            • Oct 2011

The MK media repeatedly claims about how foreign media is reporting on this. I am willing to bet that's where they heard about the story lol!!
                            www.everythingmacedonia.com
                            Support tourism to Macedonia!

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                              • Jan 2009

Here are other articles on it...

Thousands flock to church in Macedonia where murals said to suddenly brighten

Чудо во црквата Свети Димитрија

Нем трепет, восхит... будење пред Неговото чудесно присуство во храмот на св.вмч. Димитриј, Скопје

Кој бил Свети Димитрија?

ФОТО: Фреските во Свети Димитрија пред и потоа

Со чудото во црквата Св. Димитрија, Бог докажува дека не не заборавил

Снимките на Канал 5 од пред два месеца ни овозможуваат да го споредиме тогашниот изглед на фреските во Св. Димитрија со оној денешниот.
                              GRID.MK ги организира, групира, рангира и прикажува содржините од веб-сајтовите согласно дозволените законски и морални норми. Овие функции ги извршуваат компјутерски алгоритми што ги дизајниравме и на кои ќе продолжиме да работиме. Човечкиот фактор нема никакво влијание па затоа можни се грешки.

Чудо во црквата Свети Димитрија, фреските го променија својот лик

Чудото во Св. Димитрија продолжува, верници во редици чекаат да го видат
                              Miracle at St.. Dimitri continues, believers in queues waiting to see

ВИДЕО: Чудо во црквата Свети Димитрија- фреските „крвават“ и сами се чистат

The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

Working...
                              X