A Google search for terms "Constitutional name" only relates to Macedonia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • julie
    • May 2009

that is something that was placed on macedonia in yugo times . I agree and have always said our name is one . Macedonia . Period .
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

Idigen you have proved to me that you are dummer than you are.Let's agree to disagree as to who deserves to speak more is open as you have upset more members with your crap over time than me.Indigen you are simply spamming the mto with crap as its not in your own words it's simply cut & paste.a 3 year old can do better.I'm not under investigation maybe you are because you are spouting crap.Also if you are so pure & heroic why is your email switched off to receive email.I'll answer that you think you are big so big that you have upset a lot of members.I think you have to be investigated & shot down in flames cause i have seen your shit first hand take your powder & chill out.Don't waste your time.time in replying because you have lost all credibility if you even had any.
      I would like to say thank you for your cut & paste effort & it's most entertaining even though it's duplicated all over the thread)s).Also i just noticed indigen's favourite website is the free pictionary!
      Last edited by George S.; 11-11-2010, 08:28 PM. Reason: edit
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

In answer to vangelovski & RTG the constitutional name if it's simply republic of macedonia then it is thatLook at republic of ireland it's just called ireland but it's called a republic.
        Why they havent taken the name just Macedonia I don't know what their reason is.If it was upto me i would have it just as Macedonia,but it's not up to me.
        I have asked myself how can one country dictate to another what their name should be?
        I agree with RTG that it should come from the root.Why are we putting prefixes or suffixes on our name when it's simply macedonia.If we call ourselves Republic of macedonia are we selling ourselves short by not calling ourselves just macedonia who knows??What do the rest of you think??I think it should be an all encompassing name Macedonia to signify the whole of macedonia not simply one part but encompassing the whole of macedonia past & present.
        Last edited by George S.; 11-11-2010, 07:33 PM. Reason: edit
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• makedonche
          • Oct 2008

George S.

Quote:
          "I think it should be an all encompassing name Macedonia to signify the whole of macedonia not simply one part but encompassing the whole of macedonia past & present."

I fear that this would play into the hands of the Greeks by virtue of intimating at irrdentism and it also gives them more ammunition to argue for a name change because a part of Macedonia is in Greece so therefore it is essential to put a geographical determinant to clarify which Macedonia you are talking about, no?
          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

well said makedonche then it's back to the drawing board to of republic of macedonia.If that's what the people voted for that is what they should get.Also note if we just call ourselves macedonia it doesn't say which part it could include everything & that is irrendist.
            So really there's no pleasing anyone.I think whatever was voted we should get it based on the right of self identification.Greece should respect that the majority of people of macedonia want to be known as the republic of macedonia.People are simply presenting alternative hypothesis the what ifs ors.It's aalready complicated enough don't make it more complex.If we call ourselves republic of macedonia then by right we should be allowed to call ourselves Macedonian.You don't know how proud I'm to be called a Macedonian.My blood running through my veins is macedonian who cares what the grks think.Nie si znaime so sme krvta nasa viet so makedonsko crce.I pity those who don't think that we are macedonian or who think we don't deserve to call ourselves macedonian.Yes we can be Macedonian & we are Macedonian!
            Last edited by George S.; 11-11-2010, 08:20 PM. Reason: edit
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
              George S.

Quote:
              "I think it should be an all encompassing name Macedonia to signify the whole of macedonia not simply one part but encompassing the whole of macedonia past & present."

I fear that this would play into the hands of the Greeks by virtue of intimating at irrdentism and it also gives them more ammunition to argue for a name change because a part of Macedonia is in Greece so therefore it is essential to put a geographical determinant to clarify which Macedonia you are talking about, no?
              Makedonche,

I don't think we need to concern ourselves with that. Our sovereign right to determine our name is ours and ours alone. Greece's concerns (real or imagined) play no part in our national freedom.
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

Vangelovski are you advocating that the constitutional name of republic of macedonia should be just macedonia?Well if is why?what benefit do we get if we just had macedonia?What benefit do we get with the republic term?I know it sounds better if it's macedonia.Do you really think they can change it in the maso parliament??maybe a referndum?
                Just one question to all you experts at mto If we call ourselves Republic of Macedonia can't we just refer ourselves from time to time as Macedonia.The republic of greece refers to greece,Republic of ireland ireland,peoples republic of china china etc there are numerous examples.
                Will tthe term republic make us any less or anymore macedonian than we are?Does it really matter?
                Last edited by George S.; 11-11-2010, 08:38 PM. Reason: edit.
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

George, that is the point.
                  Macedonians can't even refer to their country as Macedonia.
                  They are that swamped in self-hate that they feel the need to call it Republic of Macedonia. A revolution of the mind is indeed necessary.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• makedonche
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                    Makedonche,

I don't think we need to concern ourselves with that. Our sovereign right to determine our name is ours and ours alone. Greece's concerns (real or imagined) play no part in our national freedom.
                    Vangelovski
                    Yeah good point, valid as well. don't get me wrong i prefer Macedonia on it's own, it's the potential for more disputes that concerns me if we stray from Republic of Macedonia, understanding fully well that it is Macedonia and the prefix is irrelevant to the national identity. The more we stray from the chosen name the greater potential for disputes, the weaker our argument looks, the weaker we look, the more opportunities are opened to the southern neighbour to continue the irrationality! Personally I couldn't give a rats for what Grks think or demand - but there are other major players out there who do give a rats and are listening to them - hence the continued innuendo's about needing to get into NATO, needing to get into EU and needing to resolve the dispute by negotiating. Like I said personally - fuck Nato & EU and anybody who insists on a name change or negotiation or compromise - fuck them all, stay out of the clubs and stand up and tell them no thanks we don't need conditional membership- we join as Macedonia or we don't join!
                    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

RTG if what you are advocating is true how can we break out of that self hate,why do we need to hide from ourselves & the world.If what has happened to macedonia happened to another country there would be war by now fighting for freedom & the right to exist.The right to a name or flag can invoke war.I'm not saying that is the right path.
                      Makedonche has got the right attitude fuck them all & to change a name just to join the eu or nato is not worth it.
                      Last edited by George S.; 11-11-2010, 10:17 PM. Reason: edit
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

George S.,

I think you're starting to answer your own questions
                        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• makedonche
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                          George S.,

I think you're starting to answer your own questions
                          Tom
                          A sign of enlightenment?

Comment

• indigen
                            • May 2009

Tom
                            A sign of enlightenment?
                            Or it could be a case of the effects of drugs or alcohol wearing off!?

I always figured our friend as a virtual twin of "Makedonetz" and wish he stay away from any threads I start and never reply to my posts. But wishes don't always come true. Anyhow, you guys are suckers for punishment and quite gullible in this case, IMHO. :-)

Comment

• makedonche
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by indigen View Post
                              Or it could be a case of the effects of drugs or alcohol wearing off!?

I always figured our friend as a virtual twin of "Makedonetz" and wish he stay away from any threads I start and never reply to my posts. But wishes don't always come true. Anyhow, you guys are suckers for punishment and quite gullible in this case, IMHO. :-)
                              Indigen
                              Or maybe we're trying to engage/enlighten/endear people to this site!

Comment

• indigen
                                • May 2009

Indigen
                                Or maybe we're trying to engage/enlighten/endear people to this site!
                                That may be the intention but, IMO, that methodology in practice may be best applied selectively. Some infestations (trolls and the like) are reduced by not (as a minimum) feeding the cause of it.

Go ahead with your "enlightenment" with this (hard) case and see where you get.

Comment

Working...
                                X