Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EgejskaMakedonia
    • Jan 2010

Does anyone else here follow the English Premier League?

I'm a Villa fan, and staying up for the majority of matches this season has proven to be a waste of sleep.

Comment

• United MKD
      • Jul 2011

Yeah I'm a big fan of football, though not particularly the premier league. Why Aston Villa EM? The only good thing about them atm is they have the young Aussie right back Chris Herd who looks like he's gonna be a very important player for us in the future.

On football, 21 year old Macedonian international Ferhan Hasani has moved from Skendija Tetovo to Wolfsburg in the German Bundesliga, very big switch. The kid is talented but Skendija to Wolfsburg is a big leap, doubt he can break through there.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
        • Jan 2010

No idea uMKD, I never used to follow the premier league and went under the Arsenal banner of my dad and brother. However, in the last few years I started to develop an interest in the league and I guess Villa's kit, Lion symbol and name appealed to me at the time. At that time they were pushing to obtain a Champions League spot, but now the club has gone downhill.

The negative football adopted by McLeish makes us one of the worst teams to watch, but I still get up for most games with a glimmer of hope that we might pull something off.

Comment

• dimi28495
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
          Does anyone else here follow the English Premier League?

I'm a Villa fan, and staying up for the majority of matches this season has proven to be a waste of sleep.
          Liverpool fan 2-0

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by dimi28495 View Post
            Liverpool fan 2-0
            Haha, conceding two goals from corners in the first 15 minutes is a disgrace! As a Villa fan in Australia, I will always walk alone.

I don't go for Liverpool but I love when they sing YNWA. Similarly with West Ham and their blowing bubbles song.

Comment

• dimi28495
              • Jul 2011

Haha, conceding two goals from corners in the first 15 minutes is a disgrace! As a Villa fan in Australia, I will always walk alone.

I don't go for Liverpool but I love when they sing YNWA. Similarly with West Ham and their blowing bubbles song.
              Dont worry Aston Villa is only having one of those years. Liverpool were going through it with Roy Hogdson a few years ago. Everything seemed to be going downhill but since Kenny Dalglish has stepped in their seems to be a new belief in the side and I am just hoping we can make it to the Champions League again like old times. Things will improve for Villa dont worry. YOU`LL NEVER WALK ALONE

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Can we at least make this thread interesting for someone like me? Show me the WAGs!
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by dimi28495 View Post
                  Dont worry Aston Villa is only having one of those years. Liverpool were going through it with Roy Hogdson a few years ago. Everything seemed to be going downhill but since Kenny Dalglish has stepped in their seems to be a new belief in the side and I am just hoping we can make it to the Champions League again like old times. Things will improve for Villa dont worry. YOU`LL NEVER WALK ALONE
                  I hope so. The clubs motto is 'Proud History, Bright Future,' but at the moment we seem to be getting worse and worse. Liverpool was in this kind of mess with Roy Hogdson last season, but by the end of the season they had completely turned things around. You're definitely in the running for that Champions League spot, however it's going to be extremely competitive with the likes of Arsenal picking up form in the last month or so.

This is a great video of YNWA.
                  Liverpool - Barcelona - You'll never walk alone - YouTube
                  It would be such a unique experience to hear the song on one of its good days.

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  Can we at least make this thread interesting for someone like me? Show me the WAGs!
                  I can't believe you don't follow any sports Risto. You're lucky you don't live in Melbourne, the footy is in the paper both on and off-season.

Comment

• dimi28495
                    • Jul 2011

I hope so. The clubs motto is 'Proud History, Bright Future,' but at the moment we seem to be getting worse and worse. Liverpool was in this kind of mess with Roy Hogdson last season, but by the end of the season they had completely turned things around. You're definitely in the running for that Champions League spot, however it's going to be extremely competitive with the likes of Arsenal picking up form in the last month or so.

This is a great video of YNWA.
                    Liverpool - Barcelona - You'll never walk alone - YouTube
                    It would be such a unique experience to hear the song on one of its good days.
                    Agreed one of the many reasons I love Liverpool so much. All the passion that the supporters have for the club. Wish Macedonian politicians could have the same passion.

Comment

• Bill77
                      • Oct 2009

I wish to congratulate Turks for respect they just showed Lefter Kucukandonyadis, who was a legendary footballer in Turkey.

Lefter Kucukandonyadis, was a Turkish football player of (paternal) Greek descent, who is recognised as one of the greatest footballers to play for Turkey.

I wander would Greek soccer fans and clubs, show same respect one day, for a non Greek descent, footballers such as "Toni Savevski" who like Kucukandonyadis, was a legend at his club (AEK) and spends his time coaching Greek clubs?

Turks bid farewell to legendary footballer

Thousands of football fans bid farewell to legendary Turkish footballer Lefter Kucukandonyadis, on Sunday, filling the stadium of first division club Fenerbahce.

Fans of Kucukandonyadis, the captain of the Turkish national football team, and a top player for Fenerbahce, chanted slogans as his coffin, covered with Turkish and Fenerbahce flags, was brought into the middle of Sukru Saracoglu stadium, television footage showed.

Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan also attended the ceremony along with other state officials.

Known as football's "professor," Kucukandonyadis, a member of Turkey's tiny Greek community, died on Friday of pneumonia at the age of 86 in a hospital in Istanbul.

He was born in 1925 in Istanbul and began his career at Fenerbahce in 1947, for whom he scored 423 goals in 615 games. He scored more than 20 goals for the national team.

Kucukandonyadis also played for Italian outfit Fiorentina and France's Nice during the 1950s.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?..._obit_20120115
                      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

I can't believe you don't follow any sports Risto. You're lucky you don't live in Melbourne, the footy is in the paper both on and off-season.
                        I don't mind sports but I just can't seem to fit being a spectator in my life. I am way too busy and much prefer challenging myself if I have the luxury of some spare time.

Wouldn't you rather do something than watch something?
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          I don't mind sports but I just can't seem to fit being a spectator in my life. I am way too busy and much prefer challenging myself if I have the luxury of some spare time.

Wouldn't you rather do something than watch something?
                          That's not a bad way to put it, but even the spectator plays a role in the game. Often in soccer, the crowd is referred to as the '12th man,' without their support any league cannot continue to exist at a high standard. It's the same as business, some sort of customer is needed in order for the product or service to continue operating. So in one way or another, as a spectator, you are still performing an important duty.

Everyone is of course different and not everyone enjoys spectating when they could be out there acting and challenging. However, we are talking about top quality athletes. It's not something I could achieve if I went down to the local oval to have a kick. The rule of thumb is, I'm generally a lazy prick, so I'll enjoy relaxing and watching my team in comfort as opposed to having to lift a finger. That'll probably change over time, but as a pretty much life-long hawks member, I'm not going to stop going to the matches anytime soon.

If anyone is going to watch the Arsenal vs Tottenham tomorrow night, keep an eye out for this banner.

And for those who have facebook, check it out on the Arsenal fan page. It's great that the official page of Arsenal with over 9mil likes gave a shout out to the Macedonian supporters. The banner got around 4400 'likes,' with the usual bunch of Greek racists making an unwelcome appearance.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

• Bill77
                            • Oct 2009

Thanks EM,

I'm a huge Arsenal fan. Will be keeping my eyes open for that sign.

Comment

• dimi28495
                              • Jul 2011

Thats a cool banner. I am looking forward to Liverpool`s Carling Cup Final and first chance of silverware in six years.

Comment

• Bill77
                                • Oct 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X