X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philosopher
    • Sep 2008

Josip Broz Tito's Ethnicity?

Josip Broz "Tito" was a mysterious individual and a man of mystery. There are some reports that suggest Josip Broz was not an ethnic Croatian, and he was not born in Croatia. Alleged CIA or NSA records on phonetic analysis suggest he spoke Croatian with a Polish or Russian accent.

Some in fact state that Josip Broz was born Josif Walter Weiss in Poland to a Jewish family (he was Jewish) and he adopted the name of Josip Broz from an actual Croatian.

Any familiar with these theories?

Thoughts?
  • VMRO
    • Sep 2008

I heard this as well many years ago, not sure how true this but what I've heard is that where Josip Broz Tito was allegedly born there was a Josip Broz but he died and that Tito was an unknown to them.
    Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Many theories on his ethnicity.
      I share no joy at what he did for/to Macedonians, but what an amazing cult of personality he was. It has been a long time since anyone from the Balkans was considered powerful or influential.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Amphipolis
        Banned
        • Aug 2014

So wait, the guy we know as Tito, actually is someone else (a Russian) who took the... identity of a nobody when he was a nobody? What kind of theory is that?

Did this phantom guy replace the real person born as Josip Broz in the 1910s, 1920s, or 1930s? And why would he do that?

What about his family, many siblings and many early mariages?

Comment

• Toska
          • Sep 2008

there was a theory that the real tito had 6 toes and the one that died didnt.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Given what he was doing to Russia, I'd say he had 2 cocks and 20 testicles!
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Philosopher
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
              So wait, the guy we know as Tito, actually is someone else (a Russian) who took the... identity of a nobody when he was a nobody? What kind of theory is that?

Did this phantom guy replace the real person born as Josip Broz in the 1910s, 1920s, or 1930s? And why would he do that?

What about his family, many siblings and many early mariages?

Well, as you correctly wrote, it is a theory, but the idea behind it is that Tito was not a "Yugoslav", but a Jew from Poland. The reasons for hiding his true Jewish identity are manifold.

Vladimir Lenin was a Jew, as were many Bolsheviks, but most had Russian sounding names, but they were Jewish. There is a level of obfuscation here.

So for Tito to adopt a Croatian's name is plausible, but whether the theory is true in fact is unknown to me.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                Banned
                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Philosopher View Post
                Well, as you correctly wrote, it is a theory, but the idea behind it is that Tito was not a "Yugoslav", but a Jew from Poland. The reasons for hiding his true Jewish identity are manifold.

Vladimir Lenin was a Jew, as were many Bolsheviks, but most had Russian sounding names, but they were Jewish. There is a level of obfuscation here.

So for Tito to adopt a Croatian's name is plausible, but whether the theory is true in fact is unknown to me.
                Lenin was not a Jew; he was a Christian, so were both his parents. His maternal grandfather was a Jew who had converted to Christianity while his grandmother was of German-Swedish ancestry, thus probably a Protestant (?).

Comment

• Philosopher
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                  Lenin was not a Jew; he was a Christian, so were both his parents. His maternal grandfather was a Jew who had converted to Christianity while his grandmother was of German-Swedish ancestry, thus probably a Protestant (?).
                  You are using "Jew" in terms of religion. I'm not. I'm using it in ethnic terms. There are many Jews in Israel and America, for example, who are atheists. There are also Jewish Christians. Look at the early church, for example.

That Lenin's original surname was not Lenin is not disputed, and that his ancestry is at least part Jewish is also not disputed.

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

Yes he was a mythical figure with a lot of folklore around him.The thing is many believed he tito hardly fired a single shot just a mythical figure that hid from bunker to bunker.As to Russia stalin said he would lift his little finger and there would be no more tito.As to Macedonia and the people's hopes of reuniting just a pie in the sky of many broken promises.Some doubt that there really was a real tito as a person.He was elevated to marshall a nd he really lived to the marshall idea of keeping the various states of Yugoslavia in check.He really stood up to Russia and stalin and did his own thing.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Gocka
                      • Dec 2012

Te molam, dosta filozofiras.

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
                        Te molam, dosta filozofiras.
                        Pa imeto mu e takvo de,ima li vodoinstalater so ne mesti cevki?
                        ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                        ― George Orwell

Comment

• Gocka
                          • Dec 2012

haha, abe preku gla mi e, samo gluposti tresit. Mnogu kisnit na stranici so propaganda, i setne idat ovde i glumit filozof.

Originally posted by DraganOfStip View Post
                          Pa imeto mu e takvo de,ima li vodoinstalater so ne mesti cevki?

Comment

Working...
                          X