X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • King Niko
    • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
    About your paternal grandparents, can you figure out (approximately) when they were born, when they got married or had their children and if they met in United States (after immigrating) or before? This sounds like the story of Rita Wilson's parents. Is it possible that your Bulgarian grandfather was a Muslim who converted to Christianity after his birth?

There's nothing weird or fishy with the surname Christo, you just don't have it correctly. If he was in Greece it would be Christou (Χρήστου), if he was in Bulgaria it would be Christoff.
    Idk specific years, definitely ww2, on my dads side it his dad is I think 79 or something years of age, and mom is like 71 or something, they were married in Greece. He was not a Muslim, he is Orthodox, he is actually a priest at a church.

I dont have it correct, I just do not know how they spelled it, I ask my mother about it since I do not see my dad and she knows more about them then me through my father obviously, she does not know how it was spelled, she just said they had to change it because how people said it in USA, it was kind of strange for how people had to read and pronounce it.

Comment

• VMRO
      • Sep 2008

Niko, are you a golden dawn sympathizer?
      Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Amphipolis
        Banned
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by King Niko View Post
        Idk specific years, definitely ww2, on my dads side it his dad is I think 79 or something years of age, and mom is like 71 or something, they were married in Greece. He was not a Muslim, he is Orthodox, he is actually a priest at a church.

I dont have it correct, I just do not know how they spelled it, I ask my mother about it since I do not see my dad and she knows more about them then me through my father obviously, she does not know how it was spelled, she just said they had to change it because how people said it in USA, it was kind of strange for how people had to read and pronounce it.
        That means that the Bulgarian grandfather was born around 1936 and his Greek wife around 1945. If they met when (let's say) your grandmother was 20 (in 1965) I don't see how they could meet. Skoutari and Skrat are very close but the Greek-Bulgarian border was very hard to cross back then.

If your grandfather was a priest (in the Greek-Orthodox Church) that would explain why he can speak Greek. Is it possible he studied in Greece? Is it possible that the Greek side were communists or Bulgarian collaborators and fled to Bulgaria after WWII? Is it possible the couple were students and met in Thessaloniki? Is it possible that two sides met in USA after immigrating?

All the above do not seem to match with the initial story of name changing and assimilation which is a thing around & prior 1910s-1920s.

===
        Last edited by Amphipolis; 10-11-2015, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• Amphipolis
          Banned
          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by George S. View Post
          Amphipolis don't expect people to give you their real names as you might just pass them to your greek authority friends.They ,ight just find them and abuse them.
          Eh, yes. So if his grandfather's name is Savvas Christou that would be a little alarming. Which Greek authorities exactly should we notify?

Comment

• King Niko
            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
            Niko, are you a golden dawn sympathizer?
            No, not with golden dawn, I am a fascist though.

I just like the anthem, but I support like Jobbik, National Front, etc.,

Like I said, my YouTube is kind of like a goofy thing for me you know, I just mess around a lot on it and just say stuff to instigate people.

I wont lie, I have nothing to hide here.

Comment

• King Niko
              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
              That means that the Bulgarian grandfather was born around 1936 and his Greek wife around 1945. If they met when (let's say) your grandmother was 20 (in 1965) I don't see how they could meet. Skoutari and Skrat are very close but the Greek-Bulgarian border was very hard to cross back then.

If your grandfather was a priest (in the Greek-Orthodox Church) that would explain why he can speak Greek. Is it possible he studied in Greece? Is it possible that the Greek side were communists or Bulgarian collaborators and fled to Bulgaria after WWII? Is it possible the couple were students and met in Thessaloniki? Is it possible that two sides met in USA after immigrating?

All the above do not seem to match with the initial story of name changing and assimilation which is a thing around & prior 1910s-1920s.

===
              Well I do not know his specific age, I just know it was before WW2, I think in late 1920s and early 1930s, I have a horrible relationship with my father so hard for me to ask them this when I rarely ever talk to them and I forget specific dates, He still is a priest even in USA, He could have, idk they never told me this stuff, my family has held a lot of stuff from me, I do not even know my moms life or my dads life, seems silly they just avoid telling me a lot of stuff. I am sorry I just do not have this knowledge.

What you said could be possible theories, but I can not specify if it is true or not.

Comment

• VMRO
                • Sep 2008

Are you also proud to be Greek?

Comment

• King Niko
                  • Sep 2015

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
                  Are you also proud to be Greek?
                  Nope, I live near Tarpon Springs ( biggest Greek town in USA ), you can imagine I have some Greek friends.

So at that time it was somewhat after the world cup, and I was cheering for them since they were representing the Balkans I feel, and I like to see the Balkans being represented, without politics involved, so I wrote that, I love to write, nationalistic and other type of informative type stuff since I love journalism.

I will not sit here and say I have no connection to Greece, a good bit of my family was born there, I have to have some connection or like too the nation, but do not confuse that with me saying, I love it, as a child it gave me a since of uniqueness also, so I carry respect for it, and I wrote that,

but in my heart do I feel proud to be Greek? No, not really at all, I have no passion for that country, nor do I feel Greek at all. I do not even think I look Greek.

I have written Macedonian poems also, I guess you just have not found them, Same have I done for Albania, Armenia, Ukraine, etc.,

I am a different and probably weird too you, but I just love writing and learning about Eastern Europe

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

After all is said and done you should be hglad to be a citizen of the Usa so forget about being macedonian.The only way you can be a macedonian is blood wise otherwise forget it.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• King Niko
                      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                      After all is said and done you should be hglad to be a citizen of the Usa so forget about being macedonian.The only way you can be a macedonian is blood wise otherwise forget it.
                      Okay I will take a your word I am not Macedonian, anyways I am leaving the USA because I hate living here, I hate the west, I am moving to Qatar or Kazakhstan anyways somewhere I can fit in, and it seems like the middle east is the only option for me.

Comment

• VMRO
                        • Sep 2008

Okay I will take a your word I am not Macedonian, anyways I am leaving the USA because I hate living here, I hate the west, I am moving to Qatar or Kazakhstan anyways somewhere I can fit in, and it seems like the middle east is the only option for me.
                        Albania or Kosovo is another great option.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by King Niko
                          I am a fascist though.
                          Is this torlak deleted yet?
                          Risto the Great
                          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Toska
                            • Sep 2008

picked it from the get go

Comment

• Amphipolis
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2014

Well I do not know his specific age, I just know it was before WW2, I think in late 1920s and early 1930s, I have a horrible relationship with my father so hard for me to ask them this when I rarely ever talk to them and I forget specific dates, He still is a priest even in USA, He could have, idk they never told me this stuff, my family has held a lot of stuff from me, I do not even know my moms life or my dads life, seems silly they just avoid telling me a lot of stuff. I am sorry I just do not have this knowledge.

What you said could be possible theories, but I can not specify if it is true or not.
                              So your father's ancestry is Bulgarian & Greek. Was your father born in the States? Did he speak any of these languages or identify with any of these countries?

Do you know which Church, Dogma or Ethnic Church your grandfather serves as a priest?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Toska View Post
                                picked it from the get go
                                I needed one more answer to confirm his Scottish ancestry.
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X