X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Poligiros View Post
    but as far as I know, for the last few hundred years at least, a part of my family is native to Aegean Macedonia (not far from an ancient Macedonian settlement), have been Hellenic speakers for millenniums, practice Hellenic culture, ethos and can read the ancient Macedonian inscriptions at the local museum.
    I remember this BS.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Poligiros
      Banned
      • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
      You're not sure?
      "Not sure" = an oxymoron :-)

Let me clarify, I wouldn't be offended if you named me PoligiroSlav etc.

As for bullshit, please research yourself, Polygyros has progressed through the ages from ancient Macedonian settlement, Byzantium to modern day Hellenic Republic.

Ένα οδοιπορικό στην πόλη του Πολυγύρου από τους μαθητές και τις μαθήτριες της Ε΄τάξης του 2ου Δημ. Σχολείου Πολυγύρου. (12-3-2012)

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

Not really? I may even have slavic blood down the line, but as far as I know, for the last few hundred years at least, a part of my family is native to Aegean Macedonia (not far from an ancient Macedonian settlement), have been Hellenic speakers for millenniums, practice Hellenic culture, ethos and can read the ancient Macedonian inscriptions at the local museum.

If my language was Slavic, culture and ancestry was predominately Slavic, I would not have an issue with identifying as "Slavic". Didn't Yugoslavia mean "land of the Slavs" or similar?
        Polislavgos
        Where abouts specifically in Aegean Macedonia are some of your relatives that have lived there for hundreds of years from?
        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

"Not sure" = an oxymoron :-)

Let me clarify, I wouldn't be offended if you named me PoligiroSlav etc.

As for bullshit, please research yourself, Polygyros has progressed through the ages from ancient Macedonian settlement, Byzantium to modern day Hellenic Republic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRUZshSIc9Y
          You posted this crap a while back and when I questioned you on it you were unable to answer. What records did you use to trace your genealogy back so many centuries?
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
            • Oct 2011

Get ready everyone for the reveal of the "Hellenic" Doomsday book... You know the one King William stole from the Greeks
            “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• DraganOfStip
              • Aug 2011

In fact that would be the silver bullet to all our woes if you guys embraced a Slavic compromised determinant to the "M" issue, instead of rejecting any Hellenic aspect related to the Macedonian region in the last 3000 years?
              How about you embracing "a former Ottoman" compromised determinant to your constitutional name,instead of claiming Hellenic aspect related to the Macedonian region prior to 1913?
              ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
              ― George Orwell

Comment

• VMRO
                • Sep 2008

Not really? I may even have slavic blood down the line, but as far as I know, for the last few hundred years at least, a part of my family is native to Aegean Macedonia (not far from an ancient Macedonian settlement), have been Hellenic speakers for millenniums, practice Hellenic culture, ethos and can read the ancient Macedonian inscriptions at the local museum.

If my language was Slavic, culture and ancestry was predominately Slavic, I would not have an issue with identifying as "Slavic". Didn't Yugoslavia mean "land of the Slavs" or similar?
                Poligoros, where does your familiy originate from in Aegean Macedonia?
                Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
                  Get ready everyone for the reveal of the "Hellenic" Doomsday book... You know the one King William stole from the Greeks
                  I think the Poligiros' would have been counted among the goats, mules and chickens along with all the other peasants.

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

Pontian Turkish roots.What roots they aren't even greeks,Eats Roots and Leaves !
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Poligiros
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2014

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                      Polislavgos
                      Where abouts specifically in Aegean Macedonia are some of your relatives that have lived there for hundreds of years from?
                      Makedonche, we are from Polygyros, Halkidiki (as my name suggests). Can confirm other family names we are related to throughout the centuries.

As for pontians, our town is comprised of native Hellenes (likely remnants from Byzantium and ancient macedonia prior to that). The 'Nea' or new towns in Aegean Macedonia had a large pontian/karamanli influx.

Another part of my family is from a village near Konitsa on the Aegean Macedonia, Northern Epirus and Epirus border region. Our village was part Vlach and part Greki (my family).

Comment

• Poligiros
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2014

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                        Pontian Turkish roots.What roots they aren't even greeks,Eats Roots and Leaves !
                        Well, there are many Pontians throughout the Hellenic republic.
                        Even though I am not Pontian, I believe they have some right to claim Macedonian descent:

Coverage of the various historical cultures, rulers, and states of the Near East

Comment

• Poligiros
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2014

Originally posted by DraganOfStip View Post
                          How about you embracing "a former Ottoman" compromised determinant to your constitutional name,instead of claiming Hellenic aspect related to the Macedonian region prior to 1913?
                          Dragan,

That would not be a valid example, as most of the Balkans were under Ottoman rule. We do not speak Turkish or practice an Ottoman culture or religion.

The cultural link of Hellenes to Turks is mainly centred on the millions of ethnic Hellenes who forcibly converted to Islam in now what is modern Turkeye. I met many in the shops in Turkey, who openly told me of their Hellenic ancestry.

Comment

• Poligiros
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                            I think the Poligiros' would have been counted among the goats, mules and chickens along with all the other peasants.
                            Maybe, I don't claim any great lineage, my family members in Aegean Macedonia did herd goats, and even my father owned a donkey as a child!

So Vangelovski, what parts of Aegean Macedonia are the posters on this forum from? Can I find any from my region or surrounding towns?

Thanks

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

sImply living in a region that you have stolen does not give you a right to identify yourself as macedonian.You will identify yourself as a thief or a thieving gypsy.Dont Lie to us as we know what you did.Fiddling with a donkey in the aegean area doesnt make it any better.YOu arent helping your cause at all with your non acknowledgement of the macedonian people allready there either.
                              Last edited by George S.; 09-30-2015, 07:07 PM.
                              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

Maybe, I don't claim any great lineage, my family members in Aegean Macedonia did herd goats, and even my father owned a donkey as a child!

So Vangelovski, what parts of Aegean Macedonia are the posters on this forum from? Can I find any from my region or surrounding towns?

Thanks
                                So which records did you use to trace your genealogy? Or did you just find the word poligiros somewhere and automatically assume it was the name of your ancestors?

We have lots of Macedonians from Aegean Macedonia here. Risto the Great, for example, is a direct descendant from an ancient royal Macedonian line - from Alexander the Great. They have the same surname 'the Great'.

Comment

Working...
                                X