Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karposh
    • Aug 2015

I didn’t get a chance to read through all the old posts on this thread so I’m not sure if anyone else has drawn attention to the following observation but does anyone else find it ironic that the famous “Bulgarian” Tsar Samuil drank his wine from cups emblazoned with the 16 ray ancient Macedonian sun symbol? The cups were discovered during archaeological excavations (not sure how recent) at Samuil’s fortress in Ohrid.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Amphipolis
      Banned
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
      I didn’t get a chance to read through all the old posts on this thread so I’m not sure if anyone else has drawn attention to the following observation but does anyone else find it ironic that the famous “Bulgarian” Tsar Samuil drank his wine from cups emblazoned with the 16 ray ancient Macedonian sun symbol? The cups were discovered during archaeological excavations (not sure how recent) at Samuil’s fortress in Ohrid.
      Watch out the century. This is from ancient, not medieval times.

Comment

• Karposh
        • Aug 2015

Thanks Amphipolis. That explains it. Rooky mistake by me. Well, if nothing else, at least these cups show that Macedonia's western border stretched to lake Ohrid and not just lake Prespa in ancient times. Apparently, Samuel's fortress in Ohrid was originally built by King Philip II (from Wikipedia).

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

I would strongly urge people to stop referring to it as the "Kutlesh" or "Vergina" symbol just because it was purportedly first unearthed there in the modern era. The symbol (eight and sixteen ray versions) has been found at multiple locations within the Macedonian republic also. And as there is little doubt that it was used as a national emblem by Macedonians in antiquity, it should be referred to as the Macedonian sun.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• molika
            • Sep 2008

hi guys, hope your all well.. long time.. i havent jumped on...

im working on a small project, anyone know where i can get a hard copy of a map of all the villages in egejska makedonija...

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by molika View Post
              hi guys, hope your all well.. long time.. i havent jumped on...

im working on a small project, anyone know where i can get a hard copy of a map of all the villages in egejska makedonija...
              That facebook page called 'VMRO' (not the political party, it's profile pic is a VMRO badge and it shares info on the real VMRO) were selling maps of Macedonia (united) which all toponyms on them. You could check that out
              I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• VMRO
                • Sep 2008

Bump...

The Ventilator has now become the flag of Severna hence shouldn't represent any Macedonian who has an ounce of dignity left.
                Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Gocka
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
                  Bump...

The Ventilator has now become the flag of Severna hence shouldn't represent any Macedonian who has an ounce of dignity left.
                  If the "fight" over the ventilator is anything to go by, we should get used to being Northern Eurobulgarodonians.

That 1995 capitulation was all but forgotten by about 2001, then the 2001 capitulation was forgotten by 2008. So by 2025-2027 Our current predicament will be long forgotten, and we will be scheduled for another one, if we have anything left to give up at that point.

Comment

• VMRO
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
                    If the "fight" over the ventilator is anything to go by, we should get used to being Northern Eurobulgarodonians.

That 1995 capitulation was all but forgotten by about 2001, then the 2001 capitulation was forgotten by 2008. So by 2025-2027 Our current predicament will be long forgotten, and we will be scheduled for another one, if we have anything left to give up at that point.
                    The weak and clueless will accept anything, sadly these type of people are in the majority all around the world.
                    Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

Working...
                    X