X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spartan
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    Good to see everybody playing nicely, lol.

Spartan is a top bloke, more like him the better, but Spartan, RtG has a point, you should have voiced your opinion during that event with the racist idiots from maggotsontheweb, your oinion would have held weight precisely because you are Greek. We don't expect for you to go and bat for us, but at the same time I feel that you should have said something about the matter and criticise those racists in that instance.
    Yeah, I hear you SoM. I guess I underestimated my 'value', in such an episode. Like I said to Risto, I will keep this in mind should it 'fire up' again.
    You will notice that, despite not having an obligation myself, I often stick up for you here against Macedonians who have taken the wrong impression of you (or good Greeks in general), simply because I respect you as a human, and what's right is right.
    Of course Ive noticed. You and Risto always fly to my defence when need be, and for that I am very greatful. Would also like to thank GeorgeS and Daskalot for their kind words as well.
    To tell you the truth, It is because of you and Risto, that I remain a member of this forum. Lets cut to the chase here, I read alot of not so flattering things about Greeks on this forum. I see alot of this as well. I inevitably ask myself 'is this targeted at me?'. Since I am the only, or among the few greeks on this forum, my mind wanders. Now I understand your struggle, but put yourself in my shoes. If you ventured to the 'other side', how much could you take before you took offense to what was written about your people?

Ive honestly considered stopping visiting these forums alltogether, but then the Spartan inside me says 'why'?. Ive been a part of this forum virtually from its inception, why should I let some offesive words, or TM underlined passages dictate wether i stay or not? That would be pretty wimpy, and I definitely dont want to send the wrong message about the fortitude of the few modern Spartans left in the world today, so I endure.

I take it you guys dont like it all that much when you see the name of your nation in quotes, or spelled in lowercase(something I know you and Risto do not do, but cant be said for everyone). Or your church described in the manner that some describe ours here. Or the constant reference to us as 'imposter Hellenes", and other such names. Imagine how I feel?

Alot of the time I simply dont comment because I genuinely like you guys(the forum in general), and dont want to get in heated arguments about things that are beyond my control.
    Now I understand you have suffered all these things on the internet over the years, and I know you guys are obligated to fight back. And thats what i think to myself in order to not take it personally.
    Anyways, thats my little rant for the day. Please dont crucify me for this, I love you guys and wish you all the best.

One more thing, post here more often, your opinion is missed from here all too often lately bro.
    Thank-you SoM, I will definitely take you up on that.

Cheers SoM, Risto and the whole MTO

Last edited by Spartan; 11-07-2009, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Spartan, strong response, thanks mate. You have indeed been a part of this place since its early beginnings and you are definetly considered a 'local' at the MTO, I understand how it can be unpleasant for you to read some of the things people here write about Greeks, but I can also appreciate the fact that you look past those instances and realise the intent and emotion behind it.

I don't consider you a traitor Greek, heck, I don't see you agreeing with everything we say in any case, but you are civil in your responses even when it is a hot topic and you have a strong opinion on it, you don't deny our existence and our identity. For that you have our respect.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Spartan
        • Sep 2008

Thanks SoM, Im glad you can appreciate where I am coming from, and I am looking forward to a long stay here.
        Last edited by Spartan; 11-09-2009, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• fatso
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
          SOM, You know all too well that if he does that he will only stick his hand in the fire and just get burned in the process. You cant communicate with those racists you know that, i believe that Fatso (Debeljash) disagreed and we saw what happened with him. The Greeks regard him as Macedonian we regard him as Greek and the bloke is stuck in no mans land.

I must say it was the most disgusting 50 + pages i've read when they attacked Risto like that. It was like walking into a firing squad, i can understand the fact that they are pro Greek and see things differently but that was just disgraceful behavior.

True and sad. Both sides have branded me as a trader. I'm either a Grkomeno or a Skopiano.

Thanks Prolet there are a hand full of guys like you who truly know how I feel.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

How do you feel Fatso, I mean, let's say you are at a store next to a man with his kid and you overhear them speak Italian, and then you strike up a conversation with him and he asks you what you're background is, what do you say, Greek?

You see, while I can understand that you put in the effort not to discriminate, you inevitably do so against Macedonians when you are in the presence of Greeks, as is evidenced by your writing at maggotsontheweb. You call Macedonians 'Slavic Macedonians' or some other slurs (wether intended as a slur or not). You will say that you do this not to be disrespectful towards Greeks, but when you are in the presence of Macedonians you simply refer to the other side as Greeks. Double standards?

Do you call the Macedonian side of your family 'Slavic' or some other slur,or is it only when you are in the presence of Greeks that you change your tune to avoid conflict?
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• fatso
              • Sep 2008

I have stated many times how I feel about Greeks and Macedonians.
              Interesting MOTW claim that I'm pro Macedonian with my views.

As far as these so called slurs...I tried to create dialogue with some of them and you have to play by there rules. Many of my threads were deleted or never even posted on that site. So it's esay to pick and chose what I have written.

How do I feel ? What ethnicity am I ?

To be honest I have more of a Greek conscience .

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Appreciate the honest answer Fatso, and frankly I have no issues with it (not that I should anyway), so long as you respect your Macedonian relatives and friends as Macedonians, even in the presence of Greeks.

Comment

Working...
                X