• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
    More evidence they can't be Macedonian
    errr......

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bij View Post
      omg i just wet myself laughing just a little bit. so out of left field.
      I have not heard that one in a while. Usually the Greek poster then rushes off to find a ruler. I would be inclined to offer them Philip or Alexander as fine examples of rulers.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bij
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        I have not heard that one in a while. Usually the Greek poster then rushes off to find a ruler. I would be inclined to offer them Philip or Alexander as fine examples of rulers.
        hahahahhaha Risto, you are a crack up!

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

Gintano is on the GIn & TOnic & he is trying to compensate for his little dick by posting bigger posts.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Sovius
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Bij View Post
            sorry, don't know how i missed this. i was referring mainly to your last paragraph. sklavene vs slav
            The best sources that I know of are the words, themselves.

Sloveni and slavjani (nom. pl.) are complex adjectivals. They are nouns, but they are descriptive nouns, not proper nouns and most certainly not the names of tribes, as they also possess the quality of being abstract, rather than concrete. Sloveni is also further defined connotatively as a relational term, which forces it back into its original adjectival function, more so than slavjani, as it continues to bear the idea of kindredness. These qualities limit how the terms can be correctly translated into other languages. Pribojevic saw a people with a glorious past, not a sea of Slavs. Slav and Sklavene are proper nouns. Slav does not mean 'people of glory' or 'people of the word', therefore, Slav does not mean slavjani and slavjani does not mean slav. Slav means Slav and nothing else. Slavicists and Nordicists have anachronistically applied new semantic values to the terms long after they were first used in historical records. These new values equate Sklavene with Slav, sloveni and slavjani inter-linguistically. I have plenty of dictionaries written after the 19th Century that equate sloveni with slav, but no matter how many they print, they will always fail to convey what they should, because of the Subjectivist intellectual platform that forced the semantic shift ( 19th Nationalism).

This thread contains some previous discussions on the subject:

De Origine Successibusque Slavorum (On the Origin and Glory of the Slavs) was published in 1595 in Venice. http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ef/Vinko_Pribojevi%C4%87_opodrijetlu_i_povijesti_slavena.jpg/250px-Vinko_Pribojevi%C4%87_opodrijetlu_i_povijesti_slavena

Comment

Working...
            X