X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheNikoWhiteIch
    • Oct 2014

Macedonian Metal Bands

So, in my search for modern, truly patriotic Macedonian bands/artist, I came across some Macedonian metal bands. Baltak was apparently very active in the 90's and early 2000's, with themes spanning from Ancient Macedonia to Paganism to Nationalism. Here's their profile:

Then there's the Black Metal band Maras; they originated in Macedonia in 2003 and are apparently still active. Their earlier material was about Slavic Paganism and now it's shifted to Cosmic Themes and Self-Awareness. Here's their profile:

Basically, if you're into heavily distorted guitars playing really quick riffs and insane solos in addition to raw vocals you'd probably like it. Though in my opinion they aren't very good (I had to cleanse my ears by listening to some Aleksandar Sarievski after finding these guys haha), some of you guys may like them.

Lastly, does anyone have any suggestions for Macedonian rock/metal bands I could check out? I'd really appreciate some input!
  • DraganOfStip
    • Aug 2011

I'm not very into thrash metal,but one of the most famous Macedonian metal bands are Sanatorium (they're still active).
    Other macedonian rock bands you should check out are Arhangel,Last Expedition,Mizar,Cokance,Moral,Leva Patika,Konkord,Penicilin,Bob Rok...
    ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
    ― George Orwell

Comment

• TheNikoWhiteIch
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by DraganOfStip View Post
      I'm not very into thrash metal,but one of the most famous Macedonian metal bands are Sanatorium (they're still active).
      Other macedonian rock bands you should check out are Arhangel,Last Expedition,Mizar,Cokance,Moral,Leva Patika,Konkord,Penicilin,Bob Rok...
      Thanks for the recommendations! I really like Sanatorium and Cokance.

Comment

• TheNikoWhiteIch
        • Oct 2014

R.I.P. Tose!

While I'm on this topic, just wanted to leave a post in commemoration of the late and great Macedonian artist, Tose Proeski. It's been 8 years since the tragic accident that ended his life. This was big news for everyone, and for me too since I was a big fan of him growing up. Two of my favorite albums are "Ako me pogledneš vo oči" and "The hardest thing." I own both of them and listen to them occasionally. This is my favorite song of his: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fGPF1yBqbM.

Comment

Working...
        X