X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Meto,

I see you're back to supporting "Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia". Is "Democratic" still on the cards? Perhaps. You also seem to have backflipped on UMD's great resolution calling for an end to name negotiations. This prized letter you are now supporting calls for negotiations to continue.

Did UMD write this letter or contribute to its drafting?
    Last edited by Vangelovski; 10-04-2010, 05:33 PM.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
      What is fyrom?

What did you achieve in Australia?
      Meto,

SoM has acheived more than you could possibly dream of. And you may find this unusual, but he doesn't gloat about it.

Your advertising agency (UMD) on the other hand, has actually taken "our" cause backward by promoting anti-Macedonian policies. Though I acknowledge it has advanced your "former Yugoslav" cause.
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
        • Oct 2009

Congresswoman Candice Miller issues press release about Macedonia:

For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
        http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
        Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
        Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
        Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Congresswoman Candice Miller issues press release about Macedonia:

http://candicemiller.house.gov/2010/...-of-nato.shtml
          So you do support both the FYROM terminology and continued negotiations?

Comment

• Mikail
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
            So you do support both the FYROM terminology and continued negotiations?
            One of Meto's boys clarified UMD's position some 50 pages or so back.

Meto has not, nor will he state his personal position on this point.

I, along with others have asked this of him many times before.

Perhaps it is he considers us not to be, "high level" enough to hold discussions with.
            From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Rogi
              • Sep 2008

UMDiaspora.org,

Can you please clarify your earlier statement and respond to the questions in my post.

From what I read of your earlier statement, you are arguing that the acronym "FYROM" does not exist, and therefore should not be used anywhere, whereas instead you are lobbying for the term "The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia" to be in full use, as it is in Macedonia's 1999 Membership Action Plan for NATO.

Please clarify as to whether you are in fact therefore, by logical conclusion, lobbying for the use of the interim name.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                UMDiaspora.org,

Can you please clarify your earlier statement and respond to the questions in my post.

From what I read of your earlier statement, you are arguing that the acronym "FYROM" does not exist, and therefore should not be used anywhere, whereas instead you are lobbying for the term "The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia" to be in full use, as it is in Macedonia's 1999 Membership Action Plan for NATO.

Please clarify as to whether you are in fact therefore, by logical conclusion, lobbying for the use of the interim name.
                In addition, can you clarify whether UMD has now reneged on its resolution calling for an end to negotiations by supporting this latest call by the 19 Congressmen for negotiations to continue?

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                  • Aug 2010

What people need to understand once and for all. Macedonian organization in Diaspora countries MUST respect the wishes of the Macedonians who live in those countries - everything else is secondary.

Please the USA Government? NO
                  Please the Government of Macedonia? NO
                  Please NATO? NO
                  Please the UN? NO
                  Please the EU? NO
                  Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 10-04-2010, 08:05 PM.
                  http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

What is fyrom?

And again, like a little worm, pretending to be stupid and slithering out of the own hole he has dug for himself.

Fyrom is the term the UMD promotes.

I am not the one who spent thousands of other peoples $$$ to travel across Australia, you are, Meto. And you achieved NOTHING. Just like we told you before you hauled your dumb ass here on a whim and false hope provided to you by your buddy Ordan, mate did he take you for a ride or what, lol.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Mikail
                      • Sep 2008

What is fyrom?

What did Macedonians achieve in Australia?

Hmm..... let me see. While you were still a happy little Yugoslav, dancing away to Serbian tunes, Macedonians in Australia were building Macedonian churches, holding Macedonian function, sending aid to Macedonians in Macedonia, raising awareness of the Macedonian issue, fought with Greek fundamentalists, combating Greek funding to hide the truth about Macedonia, successfully sued Australian parliamentarians............

and then.......

along came you.........

in your ivory tower........

ready to take credit for ALL the hard work done before you.........

Where do you get of behaving like a self proclaimed messiah?

U-Meto-D you know little and bark alot. And that is all you do.... bark.

Little do you know that your Ivory Tower is already tumbling.
                      From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mikail View Post
                        U-Meto-D you know little and bark alot. And that is all you do.... bark.
                        It wouldn't be all that bad if Meto was actually promoting a pro-Macedonian agenda, as defined by activists over the past 150 years. The problem is, he's promoting a vision for Macedonia where Macedonians are morally and intellectually enslaved to those that want to destroy them.

Rather than courageously promoting a moral and intellectual agenda that would help Macedonians realise that they have human rights which are inalienable and assist them in building a free republic, Meto and his UMD have been promoting non-Macedonian interests, non-democratic systems and supporting the violation of our human rights.

Worst of all, they want us to forsake our free will. Meto and his UMD want us to live like naive sheep with him at our helm.

Comment

• Pelister
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                          It wouldn't be all that bad if Meto was actually promoting a pro-Macedonian agenda, as defined by activists over the past 150 years. The problem is, he's promoting a vision for Macedonia where Macedonians are morally and intellectually enslaved to those that want to destroy them.

Rather than courageously promoting a moral and intellectual agenda that would help Macedonians realise that they have human rights which are inalienable and assist them in building a free republic, Meto and his UMD have been promoting non-Macedonian interests, non-democratic systems and supporting the violation of our human rights.

Worst of all, they want us to forsake our free will. Meto and his UMD want us to live like naive sheep with him at our helm.
                          Thats a keen assesment Tom.

The problem with UMD is that calling a spade a spade, actually asking others to respect our most basic rights, and rejecting even the suggestion we are not who we say we are is something not 'profitable' in the political sense of the word, for UMD. The political vultures, careerists...etc, have absolutely nothing to gain by taking such a simple, principled defence of our rights. Imagine rejecting Greek terms because they fail the test of justice, human dignity, moral fortitude and history? The parasites around us have nothing to gain by it. Those who wish to 'maintain the status quo' also wish to maintain our vassal status. They come out with lines such as 'its more complicated than that'...etc. The fact is that these parasites feed off illusory 'complications' and even go some way to create them, such as Buktop's 1000 post spiel on how Greece continues to hold crippling economic power over the Republic now. UMD are to be feared, because their personal ambition is imperceptibly mixed with our subservient status, and the ruthless suppression of our history, our culture and our identity by the West. Whatever one can say of the past - RIGHT NOW our negation is a Western thing. Whether you believe UMD are trying to counter that carefully and politically, or whether you believe they are part of it - the jury is still out on that, but time will tell.

Comment

• Mikail
                            • Sep 2008

Look guys.... to my mind UMD is only in it for the money, fame and glory. They don't care about you & I. They only want our cash.

I was suspicious of them when the introduced the co-branded UMD-Visa card not long after they announced themselves.

That was all about making money and Meto has used it to travel the world.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                              • Oct 2009

In response to Rogi's questions.

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                              UMDiaspora.org,

Rogi, thank you for your questions/comments.

Allow us to first clarify that UMD does not lobby. UMD is a charitable educational advocacy organization.

Unfortunately, the name of Macedonia at the UN is "the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia" not "The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia." Unfortunately, this is the name that Macedonia has applied to the Membership Action Plan and thus its application to join NATO. The Macedonian Government continues such a policy.

Members of Congress are fully aware of UMD's position that the name of Macedonia is the Republic of Macedonia and UMD will not allow a name change and has called for an end to UN talks to find a new name for the country calling on the UN to recognize Macedonia as Republic of Macedonia.

The letter sent to President Obama was from members of Congress and not from UMD. UMD commended the members of Congress who signed on to the letter as they are advocating for greater support of Macedonia and for Macedonia's membership into NATO (keep in mind just like in Australia many MPs cannot go against their party politics referring to Macedonia as "the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia," same in the U.S., members of Congress cannot shift too much on U.S. policy in regards to NATO). Many of these members of Congress live in heavily populated Greek-American districts, and are facing a lot of opposition already for signing on to the letter. We owe a lot of gratitude to these great friends of Macedonia.

UMD will continue to support Macedonia in its efforts to join NATO and EU, so long as Macedonia's name, identity, and language are not jeopardized for the sake of NATO and EU membership. UMD will continue to educate members of Congress on the issues concering Macedonian-Americans.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

UMD Online Team
                              Last edited by UMDiaspora.org; 10-05-2010, 08:34 AM.
                              For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                              http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                              Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                              Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                              Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Rogi
                                • Sep 2008

I am well versed in political and diplomatic double-speak and I don't much like it, particularly not when it is addressed to me or to fellow Macedonians, not do I fall for it.

You have not addresses the questions in my post, which were specifically in response to your post about the acronym, and I will hold you to them.

Perhaps you would like me to re-post them?
                                Last edited by Rogi; 10-05-2010, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X