Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > News and Politics

Old 02-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #51
Bill77

Bill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelovski View Post
Voshtarets, Iran's supporters can reinterpret that particular statement as much as they like, but the Iranian Government has many statements that clearly indicate they would like to see Israel destroyed, in addition to their unwillingness to recognise Israel's right to exist.
Apparently its not directed solely at Israel.

Quote:
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Quotes:

"Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury".

Ahmadinejad: The Secret History of Iran's Radical Leader by Kasra Naji
Yeh this might be all talk just coming from a nut case.

Even more of a reason to stop him from controlling a nuclear bomb.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:12 PM   #52
EgejskaMakedonia

EgejskaMakedonia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelovski View Post
I don't think that Kosovo poses a territorial threat to Macedonia in that, contrary to popular belief, Kosovo Albanians and Macedonian Albanians do have diverging interests. The Albanians in Macedonia, ironically, do pose an existential threat, but not in the classical sense. They don't really seek to destroy the existing state, but rather to convert it from a Macedonian one (which they have succeeded) into an Albanian one (which they are clearly working on, albeit in a highly disorganised manner). They pose this existential threat only because we allow them to.
I guess they are like termites then, destroy everything from the inside before the outer structure gives way. Despite conflicting interests between Albanians of different areas, and of course the Ghegs and tosks...surely they all believe in a 'Greater Albania'? Is this enough reason for them to unite or are they that divided?

In terms of Israel, I don't agree with a lot of their actions. There are criminals on both sides of the conflict, however I think that Israel's reaction or 'attack' is sometimes extremely beyond proportions. A few Hamas militants hiding somewhere will often constitute an attack that ends up killing dozens or hundreds of civilians at a time. However, it's not often that you see the 'west' or those aligned with them significantly punished for war crimes.
EgejskaMakedonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:30 PM   #53
Vangelovski

Vangelovski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
I guess they are like termites then, destroy everything from the inside before the outer structure gives way. Despite conflicting interests between Albanians of different areas, and of course the Ghegs and tosks...surely they all believe in a 'Greater Albania'? Is this enough reason for them to unite or are they that divided?
I think the whole idea about a 'greater Albania' is just wishful thinking and its appeal is limited. After living in different states for 100 years (together under the Ottoman Empire before that), the Albanians of Kosovo and Macedonia have too many differences with the Albanians of Albania - political, economic, social and religious.

This is a very broad topic, but the jist of it is that they would not be able to live together, much like West and East Germany are still coming to terms with each other and they were only divided for 40 years, have been reunited for 20 and have spent hundreds of billions of dollars attempting to breach the political, economic and social divide.

Further, Kosovo has far too much to lose to risk causing further problems in the Balkans. I think they will focus on their own internal day to day problems from here on end simply because they don't have the capacity or energy to do anything else.
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
Vangelovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 04:59 AM   #54
Liberator of Makedonija

Liberator of Makedonija is on a distinguished road

Palestine & Macedonia

http://www.novaloza.com/palestine-macedonia/
Old 05-21-2022, 06:04 PM   #55
Dove

Dove is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
What a stupid ending that article has. What is wrong with the author?

I am talking about this brain dead statement: "Слобода или смрт за Македонија (Freedom or Death for Macedonia)"

I say живот, здравје и слобода за Македонија (life, wellness and freedom for Macedonia)
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 01:22 AM   #56
Liberator of Makedonija

Liberator of Makedonija is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove View Post

I am talking about this brain dead statement: "Слобода или смрт за Македонија (Freedom or Death for Macedonia)"

I say живот, здравје и слобода за Македонија (life, wellness and freedom for Macedonia)
That "brain dead statement" is the revolutionary cry of multiple generations of Macedonia...
Old 05-22-2022, 01:49 AM   #57
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be happy enough with "Macedonia".

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 01:53 AM   #58
kompir

kompir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove View Post

This

kompir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 05:24 PM   #59
Dove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
That "brain dead statement" is the revolutionary cry of multiple generations of Macedonia...
LOM Forgive me for presenting my view with such harsh words, I should have been more thoughtful.
Old 05-23-2022, 05:26 PM   #60
Dove

Quote:
Originally Posted by kompir View Post
this

Шо? ........