• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraganOfStip
    • Aug 2011

Oldie but goldie,from the birth of rock&roll
    Muddy Waters - Manish Boy - YouTube
    ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
    ― George Orwell

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Very enjoyable.
      I'm sure Muddy Waters was the M A N !
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        God damn!
        I want one!

Great guitarist btw. (Always helps)
        Yeah I was pretty impressed too, a brilliant effort to put all those sounds together, admittedly though his right hand technique could use some strengthening (although I'm no one to comment), but as I mentioned I've gone down the rack mounted path previously and as great a live sound you can achieve with digital processors, you can't beat the raw gain you get from a pre-amp valve, so ultimately I'd say my tastes are in line with yours bate, has to be light globes all the way.

Here's another guitar icon I think deserves the spotlight, whose tone is testament to the good old Gibson - Marshall combination, I was always puzzled how he managed to shred the way he did with that Les Paul hanging half way down to his knees, but then again he has often been viewed as the epitome of guitar coolness. Although this is a more recent example of his playing, he definitely still got it.

Slash - Godfather Solo - Made In Stoke - YouTube

Phoenix
        Bate have you been able to commence your musical endeavour yet?, strummed your first chords?, or perhaps received that first blister on those fingers?
        “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• DraganOfStip
          • Aug 2011

something from the macedonian rock anthology:

Penicilin - Cimer (Macedonian rock anthology) - YouTube
          ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
          ― George Orwell

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Q: How many guitarists does it take to change a light bulb?
            A: 10. One to change the bulb, 9 to say "I could have done that".
            Risto the Great

Comment

• DraganOfStip
              • Aug 2011

Continuing with some good rock sounds from Macedonia,enough with the "imported" stuff

Leb i Sol Bistra Voda - YouTube

One of my personal favs,Kokan Dimusevski's keyboards are simply magnificent:
              Leb i Sol - Aber dojde Donke - YouTube

One from Bob Rock,a cult rock band from Stip
              Bob Rok - Nemoj Da Krades - YouTube

МемориŃĐ° - Оган Под Ѕвездите | Memorija - Ogan Pod Zvezdite - YouTube

Leva patika - Nepravda | Лева патика - Неправда - YouTube

Visoki stikli - Konkord - YouTube

MORAL-Ti me ubivas (na visoki stikli) original-Slavco, Ivica, Sasho i Orsa - YouTube
              ― George Orwell

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Well, I was lucky enough to be invited by a friend to see Joe Bonamassa last Tuesday night. This was a lesson in tasteful virtuosity. I really enjoyed this guy's performance.

Joe Bonamassa - Blues Deluxe (2007) - YouTube
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                  • Jan 2009

The lead singer in the famous Swedish death metal band "Entombed", LG Petrov (Lars Goran Petrov) is half macedonian and speaks some of the language:

Entombed - Left hand Path - YouTube

Then you have Baltak, the one-man black metal band. He is macedonian and sings a lot of his songs in macedonian:

BALTAK-Makedonski Boj (Macedonian War).wmv - YouTube

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

I can't take my eyes off that guitar:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jessgreenberg1Twitter: @JessGreenberg9Website: http://www.JessGreenbergMusic.comInstagram: http://instagram.com/jess.green...
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                      • Aug 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdcpWIWNX6w
                      Are they (the strings) real or fake?
                      ― George Orwell

Comment

• Phoenix
                        • Dec 2008

Not sure why I thought - Elephants And Donkeys Grow Big Ears - after watching that...
                        Last edited by Phoenix; 09-13-2014, 07:07 AM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Not sure about elephants or donkeys, but my string grew a little.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

I was researching this amazing guitar simulator plugin for my recordings.
                            Made by Scuffham Amps called S-Gear:
                            S-Gear is a collection of guitar amps, speaker cabinets and effects implemented in software for use with your computer, Windows PC or MAC. The software comes as a Standalone Application and as plug-ins for use with the most popular DAW (digital audio workstation) recording software.

I bought it, it is amazing!

Anyway, on their main page is an artist called Zabukowski playing a tune called "57 Guns"

Zabukowski writes about '57 Guns: This is a very special song to me – it contains many specific musical elements and it was a real challenge & fun to make. I think it is worth to write down a few int

This is a very special song to me – it contains many specific musical elements and it was a real challenge & fun to make. I think it is worth to write down a few interesting facts about it

The song is a combination of my authentic work and some elements/variations of the old Macedonian traditional folk song 'Jovano Jovanke'. A well known adaptation of this traditional song comes from the legendary Macedonian guitar guru Vlatko Stefanovski and his band 'Leb i Sol'. Being a huge fan of Vlatko and his work for as long as I remember, it is no surprise that '57 Guns in many parts feels very inspired & influenced by him. At least I hope so

You'll immediately notice the unusual 7/8 time signature, which makes the song not only more demanding to play (just ask my drummer, he really did a great job on this one in the studio), but also more attractive and interesting to listen to.

I played all guitars and a bass guitar in my living room ... no kidding !!! How is this possible, some of you may ask? Well, for all guitar work, the excellent Scuffham Amps S-Gear guitar amp simulator plug-in was used. Furthermore, the challenging task was to use only one amp for all duties. As the latest S-Gear v2.4 release contains the brand new Custom '57, it was a logical choice to use it.

As you can hear, the amp was pushed to its limits, covering all kind of stuff with the excellence: clean, crunch, overdrive & heavy. Only factory presets were used with some minor tweaking. Definitively, a small amp with a BIG soul, very dynamic & musical ... uh, I like things being musical =

Additionally, Electro Harmonix Q-Tron+ envelope filter pedal was used on some minor parts and Ignite Amps TS-999 overdrive plug-in was used with some 'heavy' solos. The song was recorded/mixed/mastered with Cubase 7.5/Nuendo 6.5 using a bunch of plug-ins – I won't go further into the details, because it would be beyond the scope of this information.

The following guitars were used:
                            - G&L S-500 strat (G&L MFD single coils) for clean/crunch parts

- Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 20th Anniversary Edition (humbuckers) for hard & heavy parts/solos

- G&L L-2500 custom shop bass

Drums recorded in studio "Garbage", Ljubljana – studio technician: Drago Popovič

Drummer: Boštjan Vajs

Mix/Master: me & myself

Enjoy listening to this one, I really hope you'll like it

Franci Zabukovec – Zabukowski
                            www.zabukowski.com
                            Franci Rocks
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Nikolaj
                              • Aug 2014

Guitar? What guitar?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Nikolaj View Post
                                Guitar? What guitar?
                                What you might think is a "breast stand" is actually a guitar. I was confused for a while myself.
                                :-)
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X