X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Makedonska_Kafana
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by julie View Post
    why the flag of capitulation adorning the small child on the left though?
    Well, once again the UMD failed to do the correct thing ie designed by 12 year old Vesna Todorovska etc, I'm trying hard not to get technical depending if the artwork was done by an older member. Contest? I, had suggested they do the same as the Toronto Macedonian film festival so maybe?

Blagojce who?
    Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 05-24-2011, 07:45 PM.
    http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Volk
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
      Let's not bicker, let's celebrate in unity 20 years of Macedonian Independence.

See posters by renowned California-based artist Blagojce Stojanovski....Register to attend the UMD Global Conference on June 23-25, 2011 in Washington, D.C. http://www.UMDGlobalConference.org.

Very nice

why the flag of capitulation adorning the small child on the left though?
      Julie if you think that is the 'flag of capitulation' I suggest you familiarise yourself with the Macedonian symbols
      Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Isn't that the flag the Vlachs use lately?
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Ancient Macedonians used the 8- and 16-ray sonce (I think there were other combinations as well). Regardless, the 8-ray sonce (as opposed to the ventilator which happens to have 8 propellers) is not an imposed symbol. Having said that, I'm confident this is just another cheap, temporary PR exercise.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by vangelovski View Post

regardless, the 8-ray sonce (as opposed to the ventilator which happens to have 8 propellers)
            lele omg .. flag of NATO

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

one of the crazy claims to the 16 ray sun symbol iclaims is that they claim exclusive use bacause it was discovered on greek soil & they say it appears no where & the rom macedonians are jumping on the band wagon since 1978.They forget that the the 16 ray sun is plastered everywhere be it churches,cultural things,clothes etc.THe 8 ray sun which was reduced to the ventilator is a capitulation flag and we are waiting any minute from japan to be told we can't use it.So in all the annals of history how can one country dictate to another what should be their flag or name.The answer comes back only if we are stupid enough to let them.Isn't there more sillier or stupider to describe a country that want's to comprimise the flag allready now it's name.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                • Oct 2009

Dr. Dusko Aleksovski of the Rock Art Academy in Macedonia, one of the most prominent world scholars on Rock Art discovered an 8-ray sun from 6,000 if not more years ago in Macedonia, as well as the 16-ray sun. Greeks cannot have exclusivity to this symbol.

Why don't you all do some more research and get back to all of us.
                For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
                  Greeks cannot have exclusivity to this symbol.
                  How about the Macedonians, do they have the right to exclusively claim the ancient Macedonian symbol as their national symbol?
                  Why don't you all do some more research and get back to all of us.
                  Why don't you? We already do plenty of research here. You can start by producing evidence of the 16-ray sun in use 6,000 years ago, like you stated:
                  .....an 8-ray sun from 6,000 if not more years ago in Macedonia, as well as the 16-ray sun.
                  Can you corroborate that statement?
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                    • Aug 2010

On, a slightly different note organizations like the MPO delivered much of the same content each year (past) and that quickly became less and less interesting to people attending. At, some point people will just tune you out and make other choices. Most, of their supporters much like UMD are interested in 3 days of booze and parties. Make, a totally booze free event and see what happens.

I, like to see something NEW and fresh each day/year which keeps interest levels high. Politicians, are never crowd favorites at the best of times. Change, conference to 3 years planning aka time heals most wounds? (not all)

Entertainment and fun does matter.

What, does the UMD plan to do as far as the above two are concerned? A Name is a Name does not count this year .. New
                    Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 05-25-2011, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                      • Aug 2010

Let, me refresh the UMD’s memory about something I suggested over two years ago. (1 of 500)

It’s very difficult to hold annual conferences in different cities without major funding and resources. What, I said at that time was they needed to set up official boards in several key locations ie Melbourne, Toronto, Detroit, Crown Point etc. After, the groups were in place all regional groups hold 2-3 annual events per year with one main conference in Washington DC every three years. The, ONLY reason the MPO is able to continue is financial support from their church of that given year - whatever, that is I don't care or even want to know.

Makes, too much sense and very anti UMD so I will continue to watch and wait while Macedonians choose other clubs - golf

Official boards are never planning committee's - eight, years is alot of planning and time to put up or take up a new hobby.
                      Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 05-25-2011, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

Skype conferencing would foot the bill.Why not have meetings by the use of technology.That's too easy.
                        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                          Skype conferencing would foot the bill.Why not have meetings by the use of technology.That's too easy.
                          They have conference calls now, not working very well - limited results and miles apart

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

so travel expenses are a must if they are going to an AGM.
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                              How about the Macedonians, do they have the right to exclusively claim the ancient Macedonian symbol as their national symbol?

Why don't you? We already do plenty of research here. You can start by producing evidence of the 16-ray sun in use 6,000 years ago, like you stated:

Can you corroborate that statement?
                              Meto makes a lot of BS statements that he cannot corroborate and when called on he disappears until the thread rolls over to a new page, hoping that everyone has forgetten his most recent claims.
                              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                                so travel expenses are a must if they are going to an AGM.
                                well, i think they will be happy to get past june before the fly again = expensive events. no one needs to fly anywhere if you know what you're doing, regional events.
                                Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 05-25-2011, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X