You Sydney Melbourne folk take your city rivalry pretty serious
    You mean Melbourne Sydney folk

That's why Canberra was created........a buffer zone was needed
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
      Two great videos that shows the extreme differences of support in A League compared to Rugby and Afl.

Fan Atmosphere: Football vs Rugby League (A-League vs NRL) - YouTube

Football (A-League) vs AFL - YouTube
      Looking at the differences of soccer crowds to AFL is more or less comparing apples with oranges.

I've always wanted to see proper chants make their way into the AFL, but the game is too fast-paced to have any kind of designated terrace. I admit the cheer squads are pretty crap and I'd wish they'd be a bit more original. Some AFL teams have groups of people in the standing room area who do chants, but nowhere near the scale of soccer.

In soccer you may not see a goal for the entire match, so it makes sense that the support is more vocal throughout the game. That said, during tense AFL matches, the atmosphere is immense.

I guess soccer also has that kind of 'movement' backing to it, and can often be associated with a greater cause. I hope to go and watch a Villa match in England one day, it would be a great experience.

Comment

• Dejan
        • Sep 2008

Australian
        Fumble
        League

You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
          • Jul 2012

Where else would you have put it?? The MCG is circular and shit to watch football at... AAMI Park holds around 30 000. Having it at Suncorp would be shitty as well because they would not fill out the stadium and majority of people are into their Rugby. That only leaves ANZ Stadium and Allianz Stadium in Sydney... And obviously ANZ was chosen because it has a capacity of 84 000...
          Mcg wins still. Would've been 90,000+ and the boys deserve to play on a quality pitch. It's fine to watch football at.

Comment

• DedoAleko
            • Jun 2009

Ibrahimi with "United Macedonia" sign in responce to provocation by serbian fan

izvor: http://www.mkd.mk/sport/fudbal/ibrai...rpski-navivach

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by DedoAleko View Post
              Ibrahimi with "United Macedonia" sign in responce to provocation by serbian fan

izvor: http://www.mkd.mk/sport/fudbal/ibrai...rpski-navivach

Lol. Don't know what to make of that? Is his mum Macedonian?

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Macedonian_Nationalist View Post
                Lol. Don't know what to make of that? Is his mum Macedonian?
                No apparently both his parents are Albanian.
                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• DedoAleko
                  • Jun 2009

Vardar fans Komiti clash with riot police in Skopje on Vardar vs. Steaua match:

Press24: Инцидтенти Вардар - Стеауа - YouTube

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                    • Jan 2010

Absolutely amazing. I don't even support Liverpool, but one day I'll go to Anfield just to experience this. I'm sure anyone who was at the match tonight will remember this moment for many years to come.

Wow! 95,000 Liverpool fans sing You'll Never Walk Alone at the MCG pre Melbourne Victory friendly - YouTube

YNWA!

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
                      Absolutely amazing. I don't even support Liverpool, but one day I'll go to Anfield just to experience this. I'm sure anyone who was at the match tonight will remember this moment for many years to come.

Wow! 95,000 Liverpool fans sing You'll Never Walk Alone at the MCG pre Melbourne Victory friendly - YouTube

YNWA!
                      I was there and it absolutely sent shivers down my spine. I have dreamed about it for so long. Quite impressed with where I am staying as well in South Yarra. Been a good few days.Hopefully be back for Wanderers vs Victory in a few months. YNWA
                      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                        • Jan 2010

I was there and it absolutely sent shivers down my spine. I have dreamed about it for so long. Quite impressed with where I am staying as well in South Yarra. Been a good few days.Hopefully be back for Wanderers vs Victory in a few months. YNWA
                        I wish I went just to hear the pre-game atmosphere. Melbourne was buzzing with activity yesterday. The last week or so has showed why Australia deserved the 2022 World Cup.

Hopefully you enjoyed your stay here and now realise why Melbourne > Sydney.

For those who haven't heard yet, Preston lost to South Melbourne 4-2 on Tuesday night. Preston were leading 2-0 with only 20 or so minutes left, but a red card and injury to the goal-keeper made the 2nd half very difficult. Still, a formidable effort to reach the quarter finals and perform as they did, however now it's time to focus on the league and restoring the club to the top state league.

Comment

• Bij
                          • Oct 2009

the liverpool song was amazing. I watched it on tv and got goosebumps.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
                            I wish I went just to hear the pre-game atmosphere. Melbourne was buzzing with activity yesterday. The last week or so has showed why Australia deserved the 2022 World Cup.

Hopefully you enjoyed your stay here and now realise why Melbourne > Sydney.

For those who haven't heard yet, Preston lost to South Melbourne 4-2 on Tuesday night. Preston were leading 2-0 with only 20 or so minutes left, but a red card and injury to the goal-keeper made the 2nd half very difficult. Still, a formidable effort to reach the quarter finals and perform as they did, however now it's time to focus on the league and restoring the club to the top state league.
                            Australia was the best option for the 2022 World Cup. I am so disappointed we did`nt get it. Last night proved how much interest there is in football here.

Melbourne`s good for a visit, but Sydney is my city.

Comment

• Phoenix
                              • Dec 2008

...Last night proved how much interest there is in football here.
                              I don't think there's any other sport in Australia that can compete with the emotion that the World game can generate.
                              Whether its the massive draw card of the EPL giants or a critical WC qualifier, the atmosphere is always electric.

Football is well and truly the sleeping giant of sport in this country, forget for a moment the full house signs in Melbourne and Sydney over the past week for Man U and Liverpool, if you want a glimpse of the potential this game has in this country, just get down to a venue that's hosting junior football. Every weekend there's dozens of games being contested by both boys and girls from around 5 years and older.
                              The grass roots support of this game is phenomenal, so big in fact that most junior sides just haven't got enough facilities and coaches to keep up with demand.

If the logistics around these issues are ever overcome, football will be a juggernaut in this country.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                                I don't think there's any other sport in Australia that can compete with the emotion that the World game can generate.
                                Whether its the massive draw card of the EPL giants or a critical WC qualifier, the atmosphere is always electric.

Football is well and truly the sleeping giant of sport in this country, forget for a moment the full house signs in Melbourne and Sydney over the past week for Man U and Liverpool, if you want a glimpse of the potential this game has in this country, just get down to a venue that's hosting junior football. Every weekend there's dozens of games being contested by both boys and girls from around 5 years and older.
                                The grass roots support of this game is phenomenal, so big in fact that most junior sides just haven't got enough facilities and coaches to keep up with demand.

If the logistics around these issues are ever overcome, football will be a juggernaut in this country.
                                Thats very true. I remember hearing something about the number of participation in football was the highest than in any other sport in Australia in the younger age groups I think. Something along those lines anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X