Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Funny stuff. At least we now have the reason why the Greeks can't send more troops.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Pelister
      • Sep 2008

UMD is a tool of Western foriegn policy.

Western foriegn policy for Macedonia. Western institutions such as NATO and the E.U completely back Greece and the terms that Greece has put to the Macedonians.

Western structures such as the Interim Accord, the Ohrid Framework agreement ...etc, which are anti-Macedonian, are fully backed and supported by UMD.

Just a sample of what UMD are thinking. Here is the President commenting about "the reality" of the Ohrid Framework Agreement. Speaking as though the Macedonians hands are tied and have no choice. It is indicative of UMD unable to take a principled stand or position against current anti-Macedonian institutions and structures in the West. It also gives a clue about the attitude in the Macedonian parliament.

Apparently, nobody in either party wasstrong enough to convince the leadership to not support the OhridFramework Agreement. I do not think the Ohrid Framework Agreement isjust, and I think several things are totally not right. The OhridFramework Agreement is praised by Macedonian politicans, and I have heard Gruevski and Milososki numerous times referring to the multi-ethnic greatness of Macedonia. Unfortunately, it is the reality today. As far as Bitove, Bitove has done great things for the Macedonian cause.See http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/264/51/ This is one instance. TheBitove Family deserves utmost respect from Macedonians worldwide.
      As for UMD and WMC ?

UMD members have taken a stand against Todor Petrov for no sound or logical reason, other than they see his organization as competition or occupying "space" they want to take over.

Comment

• Pelister
        • Sep 2008

It is no secret that UMD have been lobbying hard for Macedonia to continue negotiating, and for Macedonia to join Western institutions such as the E.U and NATO.

UMD has been unable to take a principled defence of our interests in significant political fields today. It is in fact a hard line backer of various Western institutions (E.U and NATO) and various Western structures (Interim Accord and Framework Agreement). The former Western institutions fully back Greece and the terms set by them, and the latter Western structures, are simply anti-Macedonian. UMD are behind these anti-Macedonian institutions and structures of the West, fully.

Given Meto Koloski's statements that we have no choice but to change our name.

Here:

Meto Koloski on Macedonian Media Monitor
        Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

13 March 2008

We have to be realistic, Macedonia if it wants to join NATO and EU it
        has to join under a modified name
        for those organizations ONLY.

And here:

On Meto Koloski on ZMR
        (at 1:38 minutes - YouTube - ZMR United Macedonian Diaspora - Macedonia Name)

..."we feel that perhaps a political modifier such as Democratic might be more acceptable only for international use to get rid of this erroneous name the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia"...
        UMD are the whores of the West.

UMD have not rejected the negotiations, nor have they taken a principled position against Western institutions and structure that deny us. They have done the opposite. They have fully backed this Western position against Macedonia. UMD president has even said we need to change our name.

I can think of far better strategies against these Western institutions and structures, against Greeece.

A start might be to defend our right to exist, to guard against foriegn interference in our internal affairs, and to accept as a starting point that the Macedonians have a legal and moral right to reject the E.U, NATO, the Interim Accord and Ohrid Framework Agreement - because they do not respect our right to exist.

To pursue our remedies only where that is possible. For example the E.U and NATO can dictate any terms they like - so why are we wasting our time with these organizations ? The United Nations on the other hand has violated its own articles. In this case we can use the articles and rules of the U.N institution against it.

I have made the case before that Meto and Mitreski at UMD have too much of a personal stake, or too much to lose personally (in terms of their careers), to change UMD policy. This explains why they have been unwilling to take a principled position against these Western institutions and Western structures - because their entire foreign policy objective is based around Macedonia negotiating and Macedonia entering these institutions under any name. The result isn't important - what important for UMD is that the current bullshit process set against our best interests, continue to function the way they are. This needs Macedonian participation, at the highest level. So of course UMD are going to push the line that the Macedonian politicians continue with these talks.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Pelister, the WMC are not really 'out there', I hardly ever see their presence and whenever it is there, it is mostly Todor Petrov that does the talking.

That said, I am in no way trying to take anything away from them, they are, from what I have seen, a non-compromised group of Macedonian patriots.

Why are they not as effective and influental as they should be?
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
            Why are they not as effective and influental as they should be?
            Less internet presence and less English utilisation.
            Look a the AMHRC as an example, they have far less hype than of these organisations but yet have done far more in terms of defending our identity than any of these groups. Marketing 101 guys.
            Risto the Great

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
              Less internet presence and less English utilisation.
              Look a the AMHRC as an example, they have far less hype than of these organisations but yet have done far more in terms of defending our identity than any of these groups. Marketing 101 guys.
              Do you think its about marketing RtG...?

I reckon a great product sells itself...

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                Do you think its about marketing RtG...?

I reckon a great product sells itself...
                Sadly, I disagree and will have to remind us all of the VHS vs Beta video recorders. The Beta recorder was a technically superior product but the VHS recorders had a far better marketing strategy. They prevailed.

MYOB accounting software is inferior to its QuickBooks competitor. QuickBooks in the USA represents about 99% of all small business accounting packages. In Australia, I would hazard a guess and suggest it is no more than 20% of this market. The reason .... MYOB was smart enough to advertise in accounting journals from very early on.

Many superior products have fallen to the side through poor marketing.
                The UMD does exceptional marketing of itself.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Phoenix
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  Sadly, I disagree and will have to remind us all of the VHS vs Beta video recorders. The Beta recorder was a technically superior product but the VHS recorders had a far better marketing strategy. They prevailed.

MYOB accounting software is inferior to its QuickBooks competitor. QuickBooks in the USA represents about 99% of all small business accounting packages. In Australia, I would hazard a guess and suggest it is no more than 20% of this market. The reason .... MYOB was smart enough to advertise in accounting journals from very early on.

Many superior products have fallen to the side through poor marketing.
                  The UMD does exceptional marketing of itself.
                  Let me get this right RtG...are you suggesting that a really shit product can be marketed successfully...?

Comment

• Bratot
                    • Sep 2008

WMC with Petrov and Matica na Iselenici are just tools in the hands of the ex state services in order to control and manipulate the nationalism in our diaspora, it is mainly trickery patriotism for gaining money from them.

In Macedonia WMC is intentionaly organizing unsuccessful meetings or sabotage actions which should compromise ourselfs, to discredit the efforts in showing resistance by the common ppl who disagree with the current politics with the name issue, with the framework, with the name referendum, with the treatment(disablement pension) of the injured military personel from 2001 and many other cases.

Calling on a protest, which is poorly managed, wrong time, methods and basically no organization have to show only one thing - there is no actual ppl against the government actions.
                    The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Bratot
                      • Sep 2008

In simple words, all of them UMD, WMC, MI and similar phoney organization are on a mission to undermine our patriotic will.
                      The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                        Let me get this right RtG...are you suggesting that a really shit product can be marketed successfully...?
                        No, I am saying an adequate product can be marketed successfully. But I do admit that you can't "polish a turd" .... notwithstanding this, you can roll it in glitter.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Prolet
                          • Sep 2009

But I do admit that you can't "polish a turd"
                          If its packaged and promoted well you can.
                          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Lets just say the glitter has fallen off Greece lately.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
                              WMC with Petrov and Matica na Iselenici are just tools in the hands of the ex state services in order to control and manipulate the nationalism in our diaspora, it is mainly trickery patriotism for gaining money from them.

In Macedonia WMC is intentionaly organizing unsuccessful meetings or sabotage actions which should compromise ourselfs, to discredit the efforts in showing resistance by the common ppl who disagree with the current politics with the name issue, with the framework, with the name referendum, with the treatment(disablement pension) of the injured military personel from 2001 and many other cases.

Calling on a protest, which is poorly managed, wrong time, methods and basically no organization have to show only one thing - there is no actual ppl against the government actions.
                              They're some pretty strong statements Bratot, I was wondering if there was something more to the picture, thanks for that perspective. Not knowing much about them, I cannot dispute what you have written, as sense can be made of it. Can you tell us anything else, something more specific?
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bratot
                                • Sep 2008

What could be more specific SoM, it's all clear only if you look through their "initiatives" and meetings, so far.

WMC and UMD seems to be the 2 "extremes" in the manipulative policy of the government&westerners.

WMC hold the imagined hardline and UMD is more polite and liberal, in which WMC have to fail in the eyes of the ppl as presenting the picture that actually there is no respectable majority among our ppl to defend the cause so the government have open hands in bringing forward the bad politics.

Koj ima oci ke vidi, nemam namera da glumam mesija, ne na javen forum so pijavici na vratot.

Comment

Working...
                                X