Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

The MPO has been Pro Bulgarian for 90 years why would they drop it all of the sudden?? Thats like asking the Pan Macedonian Network to drop its Greek stance its never going to happen.
    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Phoenix
      • Dec 2008

I think UMD needs to be really careful in its association with MPO, it has the potential to cause wider divisions in the community, many people are suspicious of MPO, whether those concerns are real or imagined it might not be a wise collaboration at this point of time, particularly in UMD's formative years.

At best it is a case of guilt by association, at worst it could result in undermining UMD policy, this wont happen overnight but it will fester in the long run...and if MPO are throwing a few bucks your way, the time will come to pay them back...

Comment

• Prolet
        • Sep 2009

I agree Phoenix

If Karakachanov and Dimitrov have it their way and im expecting they would because Bozidar Dimitrov is the Minister for their Diaspora which lawfully gives him the right to be there. If you speak to these people they openly declare themselves as Macedonians just like they do in the MPO however their intentions are something else.
        МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
          I agree Phoenix

If Karakachanov and Dimitrov have it their way and im expecting they would because Bozidar Dimitrov is the Minister for their Diaspora which lawfully gives him the right to be there. If you speak to these people they openly declare themselves as Macedonians just like they do in the MPO however their intentions are something else.
          Its a very dangerous association Prolet...

UMD need to carefully weigh-up the pro's and con's of such a partnership...I've noticed that the Grand Poobah over at the other forum has previously walked the proverbial tightrope on this subject...lamenting the pro-bulgar tilt of MPO but praising their ability to bring the community together in the past...

For me its good politics by MPO, bring the people together first, indoctrinate later...its not rocket science...but 'beautifully' insidious in its application

Comment

• makedonche
            • Oct 2008

Umd

I still don't have answers to my specific questions, here they are again in case you missed them.
            "Will you state categorically and unequivocally that the name/dispute/ negotiations must cease immediatley?
            Will you state that Macedonia must commence proceedings for redress at UN level to remove the illegally imposed FYR?"
            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
              I still don't have answers to my specific questions, here they are again in case you missed them.
              "Will you state categorically and unequivocally that the name/dispute/ negotiations must cease immediatley?
              Will you state that Macedonia must commence proceedings for redress at UN level to remove the illegally imposed FYR?"
              Yes, I'd like to hear those questions answered as well...

Comment

• Prolet
                • Sep 2009

The Bulgarians to me are the most dangerous opponents because they are always plotting and pretending its how they've been behaving for centuries now, it is a dangerous game and if i where the UMD i'd keep my distance from the MPO. Sure they can be used to some extent with the name dispute however giving them total control in our political affairs is suicide, this is the same organization thats in coalition with the Radko movements in Macedonia, the same Organization who complained to the Macedonian Government about Spaska Mitreva its so obvious its not funny, the reason why Bishop Metodija gave them recognition is because they have control over alot Churches in North America and if anything where to spill overthere it would be much worse then the Church Chaos we have here in Australia.

Comment

• indigen
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
                  Again Pelister's BS. Where has UMD tried to silence many good Macedonians who believe they are descendants of the ancient Macedonians?
                  IMO, the following article clearly supports that summation:

Од Обединетата македонска дијаспора велат дека најавената посета на Бакојани не е за изненадување. Очекуваат таа да присуствува на свечениот банкет што секоја година на крајот од март го организира американскиот претседател во чест на грчкиот ден на независноста. На прослава се покануваат по околу 250 највлијателни Грци во Америка. Македонците [OMDovcite] велат дека до тогаш имаат време да се подготват за лобирање, но порачуваат да се внимава со провокациите од македонска страна.

So, UMDovci consider Macedonia and Macedonians promoting and celebrating their ancient heritage as a PROVOCATION to HellAss. That is the message coming through and is no different to Frchkovski, Crvenkovski, and the rest of the anti-Macedonian clique in RoM.

Како пример ја даваат антимакедонската резолуција која Грците се обидуваат да ја протнат во Конгресот од 94-тата година. Она што загрижува е што со текот на времето таа добива се поголем број на поддржувачи.
                  „Повеќето конгресмени ја поддржаа таа резолуција поради тоа што се преименува аеродромот “Александар Македонски“.
                  This, IME, is a CLEAR anti-Macedonian slant - No Ifs, and No Buts! FYI, they did NOT rename the "Petrovec Airport" to "Aleksandar Makedonski/Alexander III of Macedon Airport"! It is was renamed "Aleksandar Veliki/Alexander the Great Airport" (a very internationalist name).

Мислам, аргументите беа на страна на Грците и ги искористија многу добро,
                  So, Meto thinks HellAss had the "argumentite" (I guess facts) on her side? That is a strange position for a "representative" of the "Macedonian Diaspora" to take, wouldn't you say?

така што треба малку и претпазливи да бидеме со такви потези. Нели имаше и пред Букурешт Премиерот постави цвеќе на гробот на Гоце Делчев и на тој гроб имало мапа на Голема Македонија. Тоа многу го искористија Грците во Америка и добија повеќе поддршка од сенаторите и конгресмените поради тоа„ , изјави Методија Колоски, претседател на Обединетата македонска дијаспора.
                  How spineless and shameful to so misrepresent the true feelings of the Macedonians and Macedonian Diaspora in particular! The real feelings of the Macedonian Diaspora are espoused by the words of the very popular patriotic song "Edna misla imame" - Makedonija cela da e, Секој да ја знае.....Чеда сме на Александар, Гордост македонска! Since when has it become a criminal offence for Macedonians to display a map of their ethno-historic Fatherland, their whole native homeland?

Тврдењата дека Македонија спроведува националистичка пропаганда со територијални претензии кон Грција, Бакојани минатата година пред сите членови на Комисијата за надворешна политика на Сенатот го аргументирала со фотографијата со Премиерот пред картата на голема Македонија.

IMO, if you are unable to stand up to cheap Greek propaganda, you should seriously consider resigning. You appear to be working against Macedonian national interests and not for them.

Comment

• Rogi
                    • Sep 2008

SoM, my comment was to Pelister and was specifically about his misrepresented quote (which I quoted above) and that quote is not part of the ZMR interview.

Your comment, about the ZMR interview with Meto Koloski is separate to the specific above quote, and it's not for me to answer for others on that particular point.

Comment

• makgerman
                      • Nov 2009

Any Macedonians on this forum born in Greece who do not have their Greek citizenship? If so, we encourage you to apply and see what the Greek government response will be. If they refuse, then a lawsuit should be brought against the Greek government.
                      UMD what if your parents & grandparents are born in Greece but you're not, do you have any chance of going the same path?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

One should understand the interview was given during a time when Democratic Republic of Macedonia for UN/EU/NATO use only was on the negotiation table, proposed by Ambassador Nimetz.
                        That does not erase the fact that at 1.39 mins on the ZMR clip, Meto says "we feel that perhaps a political modifier such as democratic might be more acceptable, only for international use, to get rid of this erroneous name, the former yugoslav Republic of Macedonia", and goes on to say the following at 2.21 mins on the same clip, "our organisation believes that a name should be found that is acceptable to both parties for bilateral reference, but I don't think a compromise on the international name is acceptable".

The comment at 1.39 mins is clear - Meto finds a political modifier acceptable for international use (I am assuming UN, EU, NATO) - Essentially, he therefore finds a name change acceptable in this respect. That is not a matter of opinion, it is a fact, and cannot be denied.

At the beginning of the comment at 2.21 mins, he states his belief that a bilateral name should be found with Greece. However, in the conclusion he is either contradicting his earlier statement, or making reference to the international name in dealings with nations that recognize Macedonia by her constitutional name.

So, if I am understanding this right, we would have the following scenario according to the suggestions that Meto (clearly) made:

1) Democratic Republic of Macedonia for international use in UN, EU and NATO
                        2) Upper Macedonia (for example) for bilateral use with Greece
                        3) Republic of Macedonia for constitutional and international use by countries willing to recognise Macedonia

If I am misunderstanding, please fill me in.
                        The Macedonian Government, to our knowledge and based on our contacts, accepted this proposal Democratic Republic of Macedonia just as it accepted Republic of Macedonia (Skopje) few days before the NATO Summit.
                        The UMD aren't there to be 'yes-men' for the Macedonian Government, they are there to forever remind them of the Macedonian Diaspora's presence and sentiment. If the Macedonian Government is showing signs of caving in, it is the UMD's job to assist them in staying on the right path, not to support a name change.

The bottom line, UMDiaspora.org, is that the president of an organisation that claims to represent the Macedonian Diaspora has made an error. Regardless of how many times it is re-interpreted, what he said was clear as day; regardless of whatever circumstances prevailed at the time, there should never have been a flinch from the UMD where it concerns our historic name, but there was. Acknowledge the errors of the past, don't defend them, and let's move on.
                        Originally posted by Rogi
                        Your comment, about the ZMR interview with Meto Koloski is separate to the specific above quote, and it's not for me to answer for others on that particular point.
                        Rogi, I am not asking you to answer for others. What I asked was, do you believe I am misrepresenting the ZMR interview? Perhaps I should have said misunderstanding or misinterpreting, either way, would like to hear your opinion on it.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                          • Oct 2009

Mpo

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                          The Bulgarians to me are the most dangerous opponents because they are always plotting and pretending its how they've been behaving for centuries now, it is a dangerous game and if i where the UMD i'd keep my distance from the MPO. Sure they can be used to some extent with the name dispute however giving them total control in our political affairs is suicide, this is the same organization thats in coalition with the Radko movements in Macedonia, the same Organization who complained to the Macedonian Government about Spaska Mitreva its so obvious its not funny, the reason why Bishop Metodija gave them recognition is because they have control over alot Churches in North America and if anything where to spill overthere it would be much worse then the Church Chaos we have here in Australia.
                          MPO has no control over any Macedonian Orthodox Church in the U.S. or Canada, and UMD can assure you on that. The MOC has nothing to worry about from MPO. The MOC should worry about ensuring the youth get involved take over from the older generation, as the way things are going some churches will cease to exist in 10-15 years.
                          For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                          http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                          Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                          Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                          Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                            • Oct 2009

Makgerman, we are not 100% sure, but we believe that there is a law in Greece that states children of parents of Greek birth can apply for citizenship as well. Have your parents applied for citizenship?

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                              You received an e-mail.

Yes, and Yes.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                                • Oct 2009

IMF Welcomes Macedonia's Likely Return To Economic Growth

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--The International Monetary Fund welcomed the expected return of economic growth to Macedonia, but said supporting growth while reducing external imbalances will remain a challenge for the former Yugoslav republic.

"The large - albeit reduced - current account deficit in the context of an exchange rate peg is a source of vulnerability and limits the room for policy maneuver," the IMF said in a report released Monday.

The Macedonian economy is expected to expand at a 2.0% rate in 2010, following an anticipated 1.3% decline this year.

The IMF said the National Bank of Macedonia's tightening of monetary policy this year helped rebuild the country's international reserves and support its exchange-rate peg. But the fund called for a "cautious" easing of monetary policy going forward, saying Macedonian authorities should wait for clear signs of favorable trends in the balance of payments and international reserves.

-By Henry J. Pulizzi, Dow Jones Newswires; 202-862-9256; [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X