Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

the braveheart speech reminds me of alexander with his men,just before he fought the persians.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
      For a second there I thought you were talking about giving your balls to someone.
      Lol, nah, I was just looking for an excuse to put the clip up.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Jankovska
        • Sep 2008

I have few I awear by. Got them from the book the Greatest Salesman in the world/ Og Mandino's quotes

Today will never happen again.

Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough

Take the attitude of a student—never be too big to ask questions, never know too much to learn something new

Work as though you would live forever, and live as though you would die today

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

In combat the warrior cannot be concerned with loss or injury because to have such thoughts simply creates a weakness that the enemy can attack. To be successful, the warrior relies on his instincts developed through his training as if with no mind. The combat experience reflects back the spirit you put into your training. It mirrors the dedication and the hard work placed in the physical, mental and spiritual practice.
          Your training should be as tough as the real combat experience or you will not have a chance. It is said, "The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in combat."
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

Regarding the scarface not giving his balls reminds me macedonia should not give up it's name for it's neighbour greece.Stick to your guns.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

"Mental toughness is many things and rather difficult to explain. Its qualities are sacrifice and self-denial. Also, most importantly, it is combined with a perfectly disciplined will that refuses to give in. It's a state of mind-you could call it character in action." — Vince Lombardi

"The first and best victory is to conquer self." — Plato

"You can never conquer the mountain. You can only conquer yourself." — Jim Whittaker

"Talent without discipline is like an octopus on roller skates. There's plenty of movement, but you never know if it's going to be forward, backwards, or sideways."— H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
              Author

"It is not enough to have great qualities; We should also have the management of them."
              — La Rochefoucauld

"We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit." — Aristotle

"Men are anxious to improve their circumstances, but are unwilling to improve themselves; they therefore remain bound. The man who does not shrink from self-crucifixion can never fail to accomplish the object upon which his heart is set. This is true of earthly as of heavenly things. Even the man whose object is to acquire wealth must be prepared to make great personal sacrifices before he can accomplish his object; and how much more so he who would realize a strong and well-poised life." — James Allen

"Nothing is more harmful to the service, than the neglect of discipline; for that discipline, more than numbers, gives one army superiority over another." — George Washington

"There are no short cuts to any place worth going." — Beverly Sills

"Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody else expects of you. Never excuse yourself. Never pity yourself. Be a hard master to yourself-and be lenient to everybody else."— Henry Ward Beecher

"Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." — Mark Twain

"If we don't discipline ourselves, the world will do it for us." — William Feather

"Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power." — Lao Tzu
              Risto the Great

Comment

• Zarni
                Banned
                • May 2011

There is a multi million dollar Self Help Industry out there the biggest bull driven feel good figure is the Dalai Lama

I rather read and hear the live experiences of successful people or people who have battled obstacles to make it

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Being a Warrior is NOT about the act of fighting. It's about being so prepared to face a challenge and believing so strongly in the cause that you are fighting for that you refuse to quit.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

The Warrior’s Guide to True Manliness
                    from Evan and Spencer Burton

It was not long ago that men were born to be warriors and had no other obligations than to uphold the warrior code and to pass it on to their offspring. It was only during the past 500 years that man forgot this way of life and replaced it with a complacency seemingly suited for a new world of convenience. The time that has passed since we have forgotten our warrior days has been a mere fraction of the entire existence of humans, meaning that this warrior instinct is still entirely intact and awaiting to be awoken in the lives of all men.

A Warrior’s life was driven by his own survival instinct and his fear of death. It was this fear that drove him to persevere and constantly improve himself. After all, survival of the fittest was in full effect at this point. Without this fundamental understanding about life’s impermanence and an obligation to achieve greatness, we become complacent and unmotivated in life. If it is true that nothing defines manliness more than a motivated and inspired individual who lives with a quiet confidence and a zest for life, then the lessons we have to learn from warriors of the past will get us far on the path to Manhood.

It is only until after a life changing event that most of us have this warrior instinct woken within us. For many it is the call to overcome adversity through a circumstance in their lives that requires a warrior spirit. For Teddy Roosevelt it was his childhood illness that gave him his first mountain to conquer, as well as his first taste of success. For Lance Armstrong it was his battle with cancer that gave him the strength to achieve his unprecedented success. For Martin Luther King Jr. it was the racist, segregated world that he was born into that lead him to become a force for change in the civil rights movement.

It is through the understanding and application of the following ideas that you too can achieve true warrior status and get on the never-ending road to greatness.

Master Your Body. Although most people associate being a warrior with fighting and hunting, these are the most basic principles through which a warrior’s strength is expressed. It is the mastering of your intention and strength to find discipline and power in every aspect of your life that distinguishes the warrior from the common man. The first conquest for any man should be the mastering of his body. For a warrior this was a necessity for survival due to the extreme physical demands placed upon him. Today’s man should always strive for this goal for a number of reasons. The cause and effect of hard work and muscle gains is a microcosm of the bigger picture in life in which hard work is the only catalyst to success. Another important reason to push your body to be its strongest is the long list of physical benefits such as hormonal regulation, mental clarity, and the general feeling of well-being that will all combine to improve your life physically, mentally, and spiritually.

Use Death as your Guide. We all could die at any moment. It could be today, tomorrow, or next week. You could go and visit your dying friend in the hospital and then get hit by a bus the next day. Whether or not you have an existing condition is of no importance in your actual mortality. If this was the common outlook of today’s man, do you think we would sit around watching cable TV and spending our time worrying about how to afford the next big thing in consumer electronics? Hell no! We would go out today and start doing the exact thing that we have always wanted to do (our purpose) while not wasting any of our time on the petty, pointless things. After all, there is no better a teacher in time management than having death knocking at your door.

Choose the Path with Heart. All paths are the same. They lead absolutely nowhere. At the end of your life you will be in the exact same position except you will be able to look back with either regret or satisfaction on the choices you made. It is the path that is important, not the destination. It is better to have a followed a path in your life that brought you happiness in the moment, than to have followed a path that promised happiness at your destination. Using death as your guide will promote a distinct change in your level of presence and naturally lead you to living in the moment and choosing the correct path. The warrior who chooses his highest calling is also the one to achieve the greatest success, further strengthening the chance of the survival of his bloodline.

Fight Every Battle as if it was Your Last. If you are using death as your guide and living in the present moment then you will naturally fight every battle in your life as if it was a defining moment to make or break everything you have worked for. When you have this mentality you are naturally doing your best at everything and your chances for success are greatly improved. This is the type of performance that we have come to expect from our great leaders and role models so why should we sell ourselves short of realizing such greatness? It is through this concept that you will truly be living to your full potential and increasing your likelihood of being the man that others look to for inspiration.

Through the practical application of these ideas into your everyday life, you will begin to see a change in the outcomes of your goals and experiences. You will also take on leadership qualities as you start to embody the very essence of what every man secretly strives to become. You will switch from being a victim of circumstance, into being a master of intention. Living indubiously and confidently, you will begin to manifest the conditions that will transform yourself from weak to warrior.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• makedonche
                      • Oct 2008

Can we change this thread to "The Warrior on a Horse - life lessons"?
                      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                        Can we change this thread to "The Warrior on a Horse - life lessons"?
                        Almost a good idea.
                        In which case the lesson would be "bend over and take it like a Eurodonian".
                        Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                        X