If your people are from Egej or Pirin ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

If your people are from Egej or Pirin ...

Would you be more inclined to do more for Macedonians in your neck of the woods rather than in the Republic of Macedonia?
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • makedonche
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    Would you be more inclined to do more for Macedonians in your neck of the woods rather than in the Republic of Macedonia?
    RTG
    My initial reaction is to do more for the Aegean Macedonians beacause I was born there and i have relatives there still living and buried there.
    Having said that I see the greater need to contribute to ROM in order to create stability and have a country i can call my own, the then from a position of stability and self identity i can work more effectively on the other parts.
    Once again I qualify this by saying I need to get my own house in order(Australia) before I go and help my neighbours with theirs!
    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• osiris
      • Sep 2008

good question risto but what of those of us whose families straddle the border where do we belong. to answer your question bate let me say the survival of the republic is of utmost importance because its where we can develop and maintain our culture. if the republic fails our people in egei and prirn will be crucified.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Brother, what's your take on it?
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Just curious really.
          I think there is no doubt that the Republic should carry the torch for all Macedonians. As a consequence, it should be the priority. This approach would unravel if people believe the Republic is beyond redemption. Actions the Republic take will have repercussions for all Macedonians in the surrounding countries. It needs to lead and we need to help steer it.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Pelister
            • Sep 2008

Just curious really.
            I think there is no doubt that the Republic should carry the torch for all Macedonians. As a consequence, it should be the priority. This approach would unravel if people believe the Republic is beyond redemption. Actions the Republic take will have repercussions for all Macedonians in the surrounding countries. It needs to lead and we need to help steer it.
            I have always believed that that is the only way.

It carrys the torch as you put it, and they can make or break the rest of us.

But how can we steer them? How can we let them know that they have trapped themselves ?

All these "clubs" have now set the terms that we must compromise. But where did they get that idea ? The idea that Macedonia was willing to compromise did not come from Greece, it came from the Macedonians themselves, and this is the message they are sending to every foriegn office in the world.

If every relationship they have created is now contingent on the Macedonians "willingness" to compromise, and all those foriegn associations and clubs hold the Macedonians to account for their bullshit rhetoric - where will they be, and where will the rest of us be when the Macedonian people say 'No' ?

Why is this government making the case that they are determined to find ANOTHER compromise "solution" to a problem that is illegitimate in the first place ? (As 'Sovius' put it so well in a recent post)

The E.U and NATO had never said Macedonia would not be excluded. The fact that the Macedonians have shown a willingness to compromise has sent a message to the E.U and NATO, that they have Macedonia's permission and authority to forego any admission until a "solution" is found. Europeans are saying "Well, if its good enough for the Macedonians to compromise again, its good enough for us. Let's hold them to account for it".

It worth recalling that this was initially about admission to the U.N under the name FYROM. The Macedonians signed their warrant of permanent limbo when they signed the Interim Accord, rather than fight the U.N institution which is where in my experience the battle should have been fought.

Greece had never actually blocked Macedonia's entry into the U.N by its Constitutional name. We know that now.

The Macedonian leadership for ine has been severely baulked by Greece - whats the Macedonian word for it - zbouneti (?) as though their existence depended on it. There is nothing rational, nothing reasonable or logical about it. I know you've heard me say that heaps of times. But your right RTG. These guys don't know whose coming and whose going.

Comment

Working...
            X