History or Histery - what do we actualy talk about and where we are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Po-drum
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by mail2onur View Post
    Slavic word shouldn't be the only answer. Latin language took many words from Etruscan language, which regarded as the main source of Roman Empire as well as Latin.

If "Kalendae" is Etruscan originated word, then you have to check eastern languages. The possible candidate languages to study for its etymology are "Persian, Turkish, Slavic, Greek".
    Yes, but I don't see what the connection of "Kalendae" is (in Macedonia, Bulgaria there is a holiday named Kolede and it's celebrated on the day before Christmas) with any turkish, greek and persian words. "Kalendar" is widely used in almost all european languages from Russia to Spain and from Bulgaria to England. But still the greatest number of etymologically connected words we found in the so named slavic languages and especialy in the balkan slavic: macedonian, bulgarian, serbian.

I didn't know Etruscans have migrated from Asia Minor??
    Macedonia - my shoulders from ruins and skies

Comment

• Onur
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Po-drum View Post
      I didn't know Etruscans have migrated from Asia Minor??

"Herodotus" said it first but now this also supported by DNA tests. Also Etruscan language is not an "Indo-european" language, therefor it must be some kind of agglutinative proto-eastern language. This also might explain heavy use of suffixes as well as prefixes at Latin language which highly affected from Etruscan.

We already discussed about it on another thread. Check the web site links here;

http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=46683#post46683
      Last edited by Onur; 04-11-2010, 06:17 AM.

Comment

• Babazuba
        Banned
        • Apr 2010

Kalendae

Slavic word shouldn't be the only answer. Latin language took many words from Etruscan language, which regarded as the main source of Roman Empire as well as Latin.

If "Kalendae" is Etruscan originated word, then you have to check eastern languages. The possible candidate languages to study for its etymology are "Persian, Turkish, Slavic, Greek".

In modern Turkish, "Kalendae" is "Takvim", but "Takvim" is borrowed from Persian language so Persian cant be the source for it.

In "Kipchak and Uyghur" dialect of Turkish, the latin word "Kalendae"`s equivalent is "Kalendar"(Kalen-dar)

The suffix "Dar" is equivalent to the prefix "to have" in English.

Unfortunately i have no idea "Kalen" means cuz its probably ancient Turkish and its beyond my knowledge

These are just other options to look for its origin, otherwise i am not saying its borrowed from Turkish since its not that easy to have a definitive decision about it.

P. S : I read that at the messages above. The word "Kalem" is Turkish(modern). Its borrowed from Persian language. It means "Pencil" in English.

May I say that as ancient Macedonians expanded, so did their
        language and cosoms. In Macedonian song there is a mention
        of Kalesh Donke. Lets see now.
        Kalesh word derives from ancient "Kalesh Gods" from
        Himalayan platou.The farmers who stil live on the ancient
        farms have blue eyes, green eyes, blond or red hair and
        light skin. Probably Macedonian ancestors.
        Macedonians took ancestral legends where ever they resetle.
        If in some form the word Kalesh took shape of Kalendae or
        todays Kalendar, its thanks to Macedonians, their reech
        history and legendary ruling clas. The Macedonian Gospods.
        Thus, Kalesh Gospods were Macedonian elite, all the way to
        Mt. Olimpian elite, and so forth.
        I am stating facts, and it all stands to reason.
        History is a puzle in need of putting peaces in right order.
        Macedonians tought all the people who come to live with them or
        around them in antiquity of recently with Slavic tribes.
        Thats all for now,

Comment

• Onur
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Babazuba View Post
          History is a puzle in need of putting peaces in right order.
          Macedonians tought all the people who come to live with them or
          around them in antiquity of recently with Slavic tribes.
          Thats all for now,

Actually it wasnt b4, It became a puzzle after nationalistic movements started after 1789. Most of people today are blinded with it and cant even imagine the people with different cultures and languages lived together and shared their customs between each other throughout history but this has been proved many times with archeological findings(IE. Tarim mummies)

IMHO, This was the way how all the cultures of mankind developed but this is currently unthinkable for 20th and 21st century mindset.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

IMHO, This was the way how all the cultures of mankind developed but this is currently unthinkable for 20th and 21st century mindset.
            A stake in the heart of nationalism Onur!
            But I suspect you are very right.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Onur
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
              A stake in the heart of nationalism Onur!
              But I suspect you are very right.
              Thanks Risto but actually i am not against nationalism because i think it was just a consequence of series of events in the world. Since we also have an example of a failure named "EU" cuz they`ve never managed to be a real union, nations are still seems the best way to go.

What I oppose is; being blinded because of nationalistic thoughts and forget the past of it. I just don't approve extreme sides of any philosophy.

Comment

• Serdarot
                • Feb 2010

Latin tooked many from the "Slavic" languages, but you can not understand many of the things writen here from simple reason you need to speak very good Macedonian (its best to know few dialects of it), to understand them.

I´ll try help with the Ethymology excursion, where many, many terms / words will be analized.

The suffix "Dar" is equivalent to the prefix "to have" in English.
                yes, and also "a gift, a present"

Dar = Dar

tnx for the "Ser" part, i´ll write more about it´s ethymology later / other time, it is also connected with "Serdce" (hearth) and "Srdi" (angry, anger...)

Unfortunately i have no idea "Kalen" means cuz its probably ancient Turkish and its beyond my knowledge

P. S : I read that at the messages above. The word "Kalem" is Turkish(modern). Its borrowed from Persian language. It means "Pencil" in English.
                directions on further thinking about the calendar

Kalem / Kalen
                Kali-grafia
                Kali-bration
                (Kale-idoskop?)
                kale-menje
                kale-nje

and sure

Kolo / Circle

because Calendar is NOTED circle(s) of the Earth / Moon / Sun / Sun System / Galaxy / Universe
                Bratot:
                Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

Working...
                X