How Important is Religion with Macedonians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • osiris
    • Sep 2008

thank you bill my sentiments exactly

Comment

• Komita
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
      Ahhhhh But God wants us to spread his word. " But he also says, "Do not give dogs what is sacred; Don't throw your
      pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you. ... : (Matthew 7:6)

This phrase could be also used against spreading the truth about Macedonia to the majority of Greeks evan though its not intended for that.

Regarding religion and priests, He does say,
      "Beware of false prophets who come disguised as harmless sheep but are really vicious wolves. ..." (Matthew 7:15)

Ok i will stop my bible bashing, But after i answer the Threads question,
      "How Important is Religion with Macedonians"

Well its important we have faith. We follow gods word. Not man made religion. Religion is the root of all evil, but don't mistake religion with God. Now there is a problem with defining what is religion. Many people have their personal favorite definition. But my Definition is " A way you worship" Church rules, customs, culture. Which is irelevant to what would make you a good servant of God. Just like that story about the Good samaritan on his way to church.
      Here are fanatical "acient" macedonians "nationalists" that find every oppourtunity to bash "religion", the church and our faith.
      This is what western brainwashing do to you.
      What do we follow? Please elaborate me? Of all the surrounding countries is the most secular.
      Слава му на Бога за се

Comment

• osiris
        • Sep 2008

komita kai se be long time no argument good to see you online

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by osiris View Post
          komita kai se be long time no argument good to see you online

Comment

• blackcactus
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Komita View Post
            Communism totally destroyed macedonians and their spirituality. We are probably together with the bulgarians the least practicing of the orthodox peoples.
            Sadly most people dont got no idea about the teachings of orthodoxy but see MPC as something they can use for their propaganda instead of seeing orthodoxy as a way of life.
            Not just communism, which effected many nations

Macedonians as many of us know were historically head hunted by Bulgarian and Greek churches, they were recruiting for our souls and identity, this left a lot of bad blood and suspicion of organized religions and Authority

The "Church and School" was often used as a tool to control Macedonians, at times with open cruelty, particularly against children

Macedonians have a reputation for being pragmatic and practical, maybe in part because of our collective and historical "religious" and "governmental" experiences
            The one who tells the story rules the World - Hopi proverb

“Your highness, when I said that you are like a stream of bat's piss, I only meant that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark” - Monty Python

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Komita View Post
              Here are fanatical "acient" macedonians "nationalists" that find every oppourtunity to bash "religion", the church and our faith.
              This is what western brainwashing do to you.
              What do we follow? Please elaborate me? Of all the surrounding countries is the most secular.
              For starters, i am a Macedonian Orthadox. I was baptized there, i got maried in a Maco church. Decata mi se krsteni vo ta crkva. As SOM mentioned which i agree, Orthodox Christianity is an important and fundamental part of Macedonian culture, it is ingrained in our customs and habits. But spiritualy speaking, is it going to get me to heavan by atending this church? or is god going to judge me for my actions? after all, is that not what its all about, believing in God and faith in an after life?

Ne je samo nashata crkva. za site zboruvam. Ama narodo e kriv za ova. Lujgeto kje odat na crkva, ke zapalat sveshta, kje se molat natre. Ama koga ke zaminat, ke plukat po lujge, ke kolnat, ke lazat, kje kradat taka i natamo. Sega deka odat na crkva, tie kje bidat pojke spaseni od tie sto ne odat?

Your Quote: "that find every oppourtunity to bash "religion", the church and our faith"

Now this is a big problem. Do you know what a church is? has your priest explained to you what a church is? i can tell you, its not a building made of bricks and mortar. Bash religion? yes to a certain extent. Who gives these religious leaders the right to decide who is welcomed who is not? such as the other orthadox religions treatment towards the MOC. or the uniting church that are arguing gays are or are not alowed. They all have comitees that decide on what is good for there religion and not what god wants. And its got nothing to do with western brainwashing. The west would make me believe we were monkeys and convert me to believing Darwins theories. But my thinking comes from the book it self. We have all been given wisdom and free will to discern what is right and what is wrong.
              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Prolet
                • Sep 2009

Komita, What makes you think that all Orthodox countries are the same?? Each country has different traditions, the Serbs for example dont celebrate name days, their main Svetec is Sveti Sava while we celebrate Sveti Kliment,Sveti Naum etc
                МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Bill77
                  • Oct 2009

Some Religions like Ohrid77 would tell there people to strap on a bomb and kill women and children in a packed area. And if they do, they will enter paradise with many virgins. Is this God talking or the way religious leaders interpret passages?
                  http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Brygian Seed
                    • Dec 2009

There are many customs which date back to pagan times which seem to dominate how we practice our 'religion'. There are many symbolism that go beyond the 'believe what the bible says' approach. Macedonian was important in the development of christianity, however, it seems that the western world has lost much of what is to be a 'Christian'.

I am proud to have links to a belief systems that is imbedded in the Macedonian soul.

Comment

• Jankovska
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Brygian Seed View Post
                      There are many customs which date back to pagan times which seem to dominate how we practice our 'religion'. There are many symbolism that go beyond the 'believe what the bible says' approach. Macedonian was important in the development of christianity, however, it seems that the western world has lost much of what is to be a 'Christian'.

I am proud to have links to a belief systems that is imbedded in the Macedonian soul.
                      Yep me too. I prefer those to the Bible, the Bible is just too common these days.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Komita, can you please explain the Orthodox Christian 'elements' in the behaviour that Serbs have shown towards Macedonians?

You talk about how Macedonians want to use the MOC as a tool, well, what are the Serbs doing right now, with their use of the SOC as a tool in a push against the MOC?

Is that Orthodox brotherhood? Seriously brother, why is it that you are always arguing on behalf of the side opposed to the MOC? Do you believe that the SOC is justified in their actions? I hope not.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                        X