X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spartan
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
    There you go again spartan, big noting yourself like a typical greek boofhead...you fail to acknowledge that the greek side was getting a few "luxuries" themselves in the way of captured German equipment from North Africa...even after your navy was almost decimated the British once again came to aid, throwing significant naval assets in your direction...
    Im talking against the Italians, dont think the navy came into play in the mountains. My grandfathers were there as well. They had to pull their guns into position with mules and donkeys...what luxury.
    To paint the victory against the superior and larger Italian army as anything but a huge upset, would be a mistake.
    Going from memory, the Italian army that attempted to invade greece was approx. 15 000, against a force of approx. 8 000.
    And another thing spartan...I don't really have much interest in long lost tribes of mythology and how they lived and I certainly don't like too many things about 'greece' shoved down my throat in BIG BOLD RED TEXT,
    What mythology you idiot!?
    Also, why are you telling me what you are not interested in, or if red letters bother you? I hope you didnt assume that I gave a shit. Perhaps you should go and tell someone who does.
    My 2 year old cries enough to last a lifetime, I shouldnt have to endure your crying as well.
    be a good boy, put away your plastic swords, spears and shields, along with the silly red statement on the end of your posts...it takes up too much space, a bit like greeks in general.
    I think you would know a lot better about plastic swords than me you filthy racist
    I must say, that almost all the Macedonians I have come to know on this site are decent guys, you must be the bad apple, because none of your country-men here at the MTO have adressed me with such disrespect.
    Perhaps your rudeness is the result of a poor upbringing.
    Whatever the reason, I will not let one imbecile, change my mind about the rest of the Macedonians who I have come to realize are good and decent folk.
    You should try not generalizing as well. Statements like 'greeks are a waste of space in general' paint you in a bad light.
    Theres some advice for you champ.......free of charge.
    My gift to you.
    Last edited by Spartan; 12-27-2009, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Fellas, I think both of you have made your points and statements clear, let's leave it at that.

Phoenix, you're more than welcome here brother and I am glad you began posting at the MTO, however Spartan has been a Greek member of the MTO since its virtual creation, and he hasn't done anything that exhibits a racist or denigerating attitude towards Macedonians. He's not the type that regularly frequents Maknews, although he was previously banned from there by TM due a falling out of sorts. I can't speak for that situation, but over here, he is ok. I'm not asking you two to befriend each other, but if you can't get along i'd rather see you avoid each other rather than go after each other with ill-will. I consider both of you as good blokes based on my limited interaction, so I hope both of you see where i'm coming from.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Spartan
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
        although he was previously banned from there by TM due a falling out of sorts.
        Just for the sake of accuracy, it was coolski who banned me...not TM, and it was for the same reason that we started off on the wrong foot my friend.
        I made an honest mistake, and you guys gave me the benefit of the doubt (thanks El Bre), and Maknews didnt. So now Im here, and not there. I think it worked out for the best, as this is a much more serious site, and I enjoy reading its content much more than I did Maknews (which I dont even read anymore).

Anyways, re this thread, your message is clear. Consider this subject dropped from my side.

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
          Im talking against the Italians, dont think the navy came into play in the mountains. My grandfathers were there as well. They had to pull their guns into position with mules and donkeys...what luxury.
          To paint the victory against the superior and larger Italian army as anything but a huge upset, would be a mistake.
          Going from memory, the Italian army that attempted to invade greece was approx. 15 000, against a force of approx. 8 000.

What mythology you idiot!?
          Also, why are you telling me what you are not interested in, or if red letters bother you? I hope you didnt assume that I gave a shit. Perhaps you should go and tell someone who does.
          My 2 year old cries enough to last a lifetime, I shouldnt have to endure your crying as well.

I think you would know a lot better about plastic swords than me you filthy racist
          I must say, that almost all the Macedonians I have come to know on this site are decent guys, you must be the bad apple, because none of your country-men here at the MTO have adressed me with such disrespect.
          Perhaps your rudeness is the result of a poor upbringing.
          Whatever the reason, I will not let one imbecile, change my mind about the rest of the Macedonians who I have come to realize are good and decent folk.
          You should try not generalizing as well. Statements like 'greeks are a waste of space in general' paint you in a bad light.
          Theres some advice for you champ.......free of charge.
          My gift to you.
          You made the claim that the greeks did it all on their own in WWII, which is bullshit, the greeks received plenty of help that extended to the defence of Crete...

Not sure what your point was in regard to the mountains and the navy, I understand that they're mutually exclusive, my point was that the Royal Navy supplied greece with ships and subs, I consider that a significant contribution, so much so that the greek navy became the second largest in the Med. behind the Royal Navy at the time...

As for the use of donkeys in the mountains by the greeks, once again, whats your point...everyone used donkeys in the mountains and on the flats, to this day insurgencies are carried on the backs of the beasts of burden...

spartan, for somebody as well 'schooled' as you in military strategy you should realise that a force of 15,000 against 8,000 men is a complete disaster...the general rule of thumb for invasion forces is in the ratio of 7:1, so really the Italians never stood a chance to succeed, perhaps your 'success' was really built on the other parties general incompetence and 'failure'

The spartans like so many figures in the historical fog come with a fair bit of claim and counter claim...the rest is nicely packaged in mythology.

Tone down your screaming red text, it really doesn't need to be rammed down our throats, adding almost another page of nonsense with each of your posts...

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

Just for the sake of accuracy, it was coolski who banned me...not TM, and it was for the same reason that we started off on the wrong foot my friend.
            I made an honest mistake, and you guys gave me the benefit of the doubt (thanks El Bre), and Maknews didnt. So now Im here, and not there. I think it worked out for the best, as this is a much more serious site, and I enjoy reading its content much more than I did Maknews (which I dont even read anymore).

Anyways, re this thread, your message is clear. Consider this subject dropped from my side.
            You must have pushed some buttons for Coolski to have banned you, I understand TM doesn't take too much shit but Coolski is a lot 'cooler' about that sort of stuff...you made an 'honest' mistake...yeah sure you did...lol

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Phoenix, the red text is his signature which appears automatically, it is not something he posts each time. I have no problem with it.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                Phoenix, the red text is his signature which appears automatically, it is not something he posts each time. I have no problem with it.
                I understand what it is SoM...my point is that alot of that shit makes too much clutter when you're trying to scroll through posts, it creates too much wasted space...image every member having a bold multi-sentence testament to their drivel screaming at you everytime you open up...

Comment

• Daskalot
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                  I understand what it is SoM...my point is that alot of that shit makes too much clutter when you're trying to scroll through posts, it creates too much wasted space...image every member having a bold multi-sentence testament to their drivel screaming at you everytime you open up...
                  You are correct Phoenix, I will implement a limit to the font size and rows used.
                  Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Spartan
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                    You are correct Phoenix, I will implement a limit to the font size and rows used.
                    Not that I care that much about a sig Daskalot, but how come it was fine till Phoenix started crying?

Anyways, you should never reward babies who cry, it just encourages them to do so in the future.

Comment

• Phoenix
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                      Thanks Daskalot...I think that way the forum layout will have a more pleasing aesthetic quality, rather than looking like the cheap advertising at the local Two Dollar shop...

I don't know why some people need to light up their signature like brothel signage...

Comment

• Phoenix
                        • Dec 2008

Not that I care that much about a sig Daskalot, but how come it was fine till Phoenix started crying?

Anyways, you should never reward babies who cry, it just encourages them to do so in the future.
                        Thanks for your explanation of baby psychology doc...consider this an act of positive parenting...now lets move on

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Great, thanks for taking my suggestions into consideration, if you're all done now, please move on from this discussion.

Daskalot, why has Spartan's signature disappeared altogether?

Comment

• Spartan
                            • Sep 2008

I took it off SoM.

Comment

• Phoenix
                              • Dec 2008

Well done 'Spartan', the spartan look of your posts now is far more appropriate to your nick...

Comment

• Spartan
                                • Sep 2008

self-edit.....
                                Last edited by Spartan; 12-28-2009, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X