Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

Voltron modern? greece should be ashamed.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Voltron, I recently visited a trade fair in China. There was an entire row of Turkish participants exhibiting their products and manufacturing capabilities. There was not even a hint of Greek industry on show. Please stop being so small minded with the Turks vs Greeks 19th century mentality.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Onur
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
        Pls dont use American technology as your own. You cant build a plane if your lives depended on it.
        All of our military technologies except jets are 100% Turkish made for 15-20 years. Actually both software and hardware of jets are made in Turkey too but under the supervision of USA. Already, you cannot easily build your own jets by setting yourself apart from the umbrella of NATO. I mean, even if you try, you might find your engineers dead with a suicide note written by CIA agents or some problems like that!

15 largest, if you guys had half a brain you should be within the top ten. I mean look at where your country sits on. Its situated in prime location yet it takes you guys up until now to actually make use of it. Not to mention you ability to devalue your currency where in Greece we cant. There is no comparison, you should be light years ahead but your not.
        No Voltron, Turkey will always be 2nd grade country in world economy unless western world self destructs with their own economical problems. To be in the first grade, you gotta find energy sources to leech. Turkey buys all of it`s energy needs from outside, so this makes us impossible to compete with western world giants who has colonies like Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Saudi Arabia etc. I mean, to be a first grade economy, we should have been the one who bombs Libya right now, instead of France, Italy, USA, England. Turkey will never do such things and even if we try to do it, we cannot sell it to the world as "we are bringing democracy" like western powers does. Also, we cannot prevent them to do this either since we don't have Cyprus, Morea, Crete in our hands anymore, to be able to totally control whole mediterranean sea. There is a puppet state called "Greece" in there for a while! Do you understand what i mean?

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        Voltron, I recently visited a trade fair in China. There was an entire row of Turkish participants exhibiting their products and manufacturing capabilities. There was not even a hint of Greek industry on show. Please stop being so small minded with the Turks vs Greeks 19th century mentality.
        Risto, let him continue to dream about Turkey as a desert with sand hills, camels, Arabs and belly dancers. I know that it makes them feel good inside. You know, Greeks cant survive without their myths whether it`s about their ancient hellenic origins or about Arabic Turkey!!! Those myths are their food&water!!!
        Last edited by Onur; 04-23-2011, 03:41 AM.

Comment

• Voltron
          Banned
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
          What products ? Any of them make it to the US ? How are they in comparison to Indian, Malaysian, Taiwanese, or even Isreali products ?

The Greeks in Greece usually emigrate to countries like US, Canada, UK.
          If you own a BlackBerry, you probably dont know it, but it was a Greek that founded that technology. This is just one example. In any scientific research or technology you will find Greeks there. Rarely will you find a Turk.

FYI, whatever electronics Turkey does now is from the close cooperation from Israelis that had for many years. On their own they wouldnt of managed it. They are good at other things. They couldnt even build a train without it derailing five times.

Comment

• Voltron
            Banned
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Onur View Post
            All of our military technologies except jets are 100% Turkish made for 15-20 years. Actually both software and hardware of jets are made in Turkey too but under the supervision of USA. Already, you cannot easily build your own jets by setting yourself apart from the umbrella of NATO. I mean, even if you try, you might find your engineers dead with a suicide note written by CIA agents or some problems like that!

No Voltron, Turkey will always be 2nd grade country in world economy unless western world self destructs with their own economical problems. To be in the first grade, you gotta find energy sources to leech. Turkey buys all of it`s energy needs from outside, so this makes us impossible to compete with western world giants who has colonies like Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Saudi Arabia etc. I mean, to be a first grade economy, we should have been the one who bombs Libya right now, instead of France, Italy, USA, England. Turkey will never do such things and even if we try to do it, we cannot sell it to the world as "we are bringing democracy" like western powers does. Also, we cannot prevent them to do this either since we don't have Cyprus, Morea, Crete in our hands anymore, to be able to totally control whole mediterranean sea. There is a puppet state called "Greece" in there for a while! Do you understand what i mean?

Risto, let him continue to dream about Turkey as a desert with sand hills, camels, Arabs and belly dancers. I know that it makes them feel good inside. You know, Greeks cant survive without their myths whether it`s about their ancient hellenic origins or about Arabic Turkey!!! Those myths are their food&water!!!
            Turkey is more of a puppet state than Greece will ever be Onur. We used to call you the US lapdog of the region. They said jump and you guys asked how high. The only time that changed was during the Iraq war when an Islamist govt took over, which is fairly recent. Prior to that you were their goldenboy.

Even now with Libya, you played hard to get than made a complete u-turn when we called your bluff. You will always be second rate because your mentality is that of carpet traders at the local bazaar. Like I said having your geographic location with tons of gas and oil pipelines you should be light years ahead. Instead you make excuses.

Comment

• El Bre
              • Sep 2008

If you own a BlackBerry, you probably dont know it, but it was a Greek that founded that technology. This is just one example. In any scientific research or technology you will find Greeks there. Rarely will you find a Turk.
              Are you referring to Mike Lazaridis? Isn't he originally from Istanbul?
              Last edited by El Bre; 04-23-2011, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

I bet you if he is greek he stole the technology.Greeks are thieves & liars.
                If he really founded the blackberry technology he must be rolling in money as virtually most businesses use a blackberry.
                Last edited by George S.; 04-23-2011, 05:31 PM.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Voltron
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
                  Affirmative, he was born there. Family emigrated to Canada.

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

Voltron i'm not sure whether it's the same guy but there is a huge bunch of hate blogs regarding him.
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Onur
                      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
                      Thanks El Bre. Apparently he is, which confirms what i wrote above here;

Most of the first generation of Greek immigrants in EU and USA was actually from Turkey but not from Greece. As far as i heard, later immigrants from Greece are usually doing shitty jobs in western world and they are poor unlike the first generations.

Voltron denies this as he blindly refuses whatever i wrote here but it`s so obvious and well-known that Greeks from Turkey was much more rich, well-educated and more intelligent than the ones Greece. It`s no surprise that they have higher status than later immigrants from Greece. Because most of their grandparents had big properties in most luxurious spots in Istanbul. They sold these and immigrated to US after 1920s. For example, just one mansion with bosphorus view in Istanbul are being sold here up to 15-18 million US dollars. These mansions always had this value in Istanbul, even in 1920s.

Comment

• Voltron
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2011

Thanks El Bre. Apparently he is, which confirms what i wrote above here;

Voltron denies this as he blindly refuses whatever i wrote here but it`s so obvious and well-known that Greeks from Turkey was much more rich, well-educated and more intelligent than the ones Greece. It`s no surprise that they have higher status than later immigrants from Greece. Because most of their grandparents had big properties in most luxurious spots in Istanbul. They sold these and immigrated to US after 1920s. For example, just one mansion with bosphorus view in Istanbul are being sold here up to 15-18 million US dollars. These mansions always had this value in Istanbul, even in 1920s.
                        Onur, his family left when he was a kid. It is common knowledge that Greeks from "the poli" were more priveledged than the ones from the mainland. It does not confirm anything you said since this is one example cited. There are just as many from Greece that are just as successful. Those luxurious homes you mentioned have been confiscated by Turkey not sold, so I fail to see your point. What chances are there for me to get my family's home back? Not likely, for the reasons you mentioned. Once again, nice try.
                        Last edited by Voltron; 04-23-2011, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Onur
                          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
                          Those luxurious homes you mentioned have been confiscated by Turkey not sold, so I fail to see your point.
                          Do not lie.

I don't think anyone`s property has been confiscated and even if such a thing happened, i am sure you Greeks received compensation `till the last cent. Greek Cypriots sues us in the EU courts even for their stupid hatches and wooden barns left in northern parts. If you would have your luxury mansions here, you would sue us for the 10 times of it`s value and yell around in EU parliament.

What chances are there for me to get my family's home back? Not likely, for the reasons you mentioned. Once again, nice try.
                          What you gonna do here? Maybe you don't wanna remember but It`s not constantinopolis for 600 years! We do not greet people here with illustrations of bloody Cyprus maps unlike Greeks does but i don't think you belong here at all.

Also, your chance is equal as my chance to get back my grandparents properties in Petrich or equal as the descendants of 650.000+ Turks who came from Salonika and other parts of Aegean Macedonia.

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

Voltron you are living in a dreamworld of make beleive.Do you really think you are going to get your mansions back or you are going to give them back.I don't think so.You are asking for the impossible.Even if you could do you think the turks are silly enough to let you enjoy your mansion i don't think so.Once the houses were confiscated there is no way in hoot in hell you'll get them back & vice versa.
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                            X