X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ProMKD
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by United MKD View Post
    Interesting, I had no idea she was in Macedonia I knew she visited Albania a couple of times. Cool, so now Alexander is Albanian according to her, probably from a village just outside of Tetovo and that documentary is going to be awful "Discover Albania" while she is in Macedonian land visiting mosques and acting like she knows something about our country. However, good on her for being proud of where she comes from and helping put Albania on the map in whatever way she can even though she was born in the US and is only half Albanian (her father). Don't know how many Macedonian 'stars' would be so willing and proud to do such a thing.

Btw, welcome ProMKD.
    Thanks for the welcome, United MKD! I look forward to getting to know all of you a bit better and to contribute to the forum. Honestly, no Macedonian star even comes to mind on a global level. I would hardly call dushku anything special, but her face is recognizable among people who watch television. I was recently surprised (didn't know anything about this guy) by the american hockey player Steve Stamkos, an Aegean Macedonian I believe, because during the NHL drafting he made comments about being a proud Macedonian.
    www.everythingmacedonia.com
    Support tourism to Macedonia!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Welcome to the forum ProMKD, and thanks for the information regarding Eliza Dushku, although I wouldn't label her a whore for being proud of her roots or for having roots in Macedonia. She does, however, appear to show signs of being subject to a bit of delusional propaganda with the claim to Alexander.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• ProMKD
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
        Welcome to the forum ProMKD, and thanks for the information regarding Eliza Dushku, although I wouldn't label her a whore for being proud of her roots or for having roots in Macedonia. She does, however, appear to show signs of being subject to a bit of delusional propaganda with the claim to Alexander.
        I just called her a whore because she's an original shiptarka, and looking at the photos of the ugly peasants behind her driving cadillac's with big rims makes me sick.

Thanks for the welcome! Glad to be a new member of this forum.

Although I must admit, after posting that article (a shiptar one that I just found when googling) I remember reading the original article in Dnevnik the day she actually came to Macedonia. The article in dnevnik quoted her as saying "I'm glad to be in Macedonia, a place where many great people came from, like Alexander the Great and Mother Theresa" and that's it. The article above either added the part of them being albanian, or Dnevnik censored the quote to remove it. Both are highly likely. If I can find the original Dnevnik article, I'll post it.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

If you can find it, please post it, that would be good.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• ProMKD
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
            If you can find it, please post it, that would be good.
            Found it! Although it's not a quote, it's a reference dnevnik makes to what she said.

По посетата на еден од најзначајните културно-историски споменици од османлискиот период во Тетово, Шарената Џамија, таа го искажа своето задоволство од можноста да биде во Македонија, за која знаела само дека е земјата од која потекнува големиот војсководец Александар Македонски.

- Многу ми значи можноста да ги посетам Албанија, Македонија и Косово заедно со мојот колега Блерим Дестани кој потекнува од Тетово, а е исто така познат холивудск актер. Посетата ќе ја искористиме да снимиме документарец посветен на културното наследство на овие простори и мило ми што тоа ќе го поделам со моите пријатели во Америка. Луѓето насекаде каде што бевме беа многу отворени и пријателски. Доколку ни се укаже шанса заедно со Блерим да снимаме некој иден филм на овие балкански простори тоа за мене ќе биде исполнување на соништата - изјави Душку.

Her quote is the second paragraph, and she makes no mention of Alexander the Great or Theresa. Interesting. Back to square one: dnevnik or shiptar censoring.

Comment

• Bij
              • Oct 2009

When I become famous, I'll do a documentary on my village and Macedonia and talk proudly about all the great Macedonians, like Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, etc

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

How about an interview with RTG & all the admin team.Should be damn exciting as they are great patriots from the mto..Bijj you could say you got all that intelligence stuff from indulging & interacting at the MTO.Of course you have to explain what MTO is all about.Then you could sign your autographs.
                Last edited by George S.; 10-11-2011, 08:20 AM. Reason: edit
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                X