Donald Trump Sets Off a Furor With Call to Register Muslims in the U.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

Donald Trump Sets Off a Furor With Call to Register Muslims in the U.S.

1930s,” said Ibrahim Hooper, the communications director for the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

Russell D. Moore, the president of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention, said, “I do think it’s scary when we have candidates talking about shutting down houses of worship, about having badges for religious groups. That ought to alarm every American.”

Ari Fleischer, the former press secretary under President George W. Bush and a board member of the Republican Jewish Coalition, criticized Mr. Trump’s remarks as intolerable. But he also said that, while some have believed that Mr. Trump’s supporters would gravitate toward more serious-minded candidates after the Paris attacks, he anticipated the opposite.

“People rally to strength,” Mr. Fleischer said.

Find out what you need to know about the 2016 presidential race today, and get politics news updates via Facebook, Twitter and the First Draft newsletter

Not many are going to be happy with donald.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV
Working...
X