X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • King Niko
    • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    Well, according to the information you've provided, you may be partially of Macedonian ancestry from your father's paternal side (Skrat is actually in the Macedonian part of Bulgaria). But here is what puzzles me somewhat, and hopefully you can clarify. You said that your grandfather was from Skrat but had his surname changed in the 1920's, which means at some point he moved into the part of Macedonia which Greece occupied. Why would he do that? Also, even if he was a baby in 1920, that was almost a century ago. And both of your paternal grandparents are still alive? You're only 17, averaging it out, your grandfather must have had your father when he was about 40, and your father would have been about 40 when he had you. Is that the case or have I missed something here?

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on that. There are many 'types' that are common to the Balkans.

Where are you referring to as Yugoslavia, given that such a place doesn't even exist?

No, not his name! The family last name was changed prior too all my family living in Greece in that time period, not specifically him or his family, he was not born yet.

Comment

• King Niko
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
      OK that is far better than a good start. Your four ancestors seem to come basically from the same area.

I'll start with Skoutari which I guess meant Skoutari, the village South of Serres, Greece. Skoutari was originally in what is now the Greek-Turkish-Bulgarian borders and I think after the wars was found inside Bulgaria. So Greeks of Skoutari left it (though they were not obliged to) along with the other exchanged population of Turkey and formed what is now Skoutari of Serres. That hapenned in 1924.

The new village of Skoutari (which was previously called Kiskepi) has basically two groups: (a) refugees from the old Skoutari (now called Shtit by Bulgarians, Uskudar by Turks, it means Shield in all languages), (b) refugees from a village of Horouda, Proussa.

So, was your grandmother born in Skoutari, Serres, Greece or in the original Skoutari/Shtit, Bulgaria and WHEN? Where did she grow up? Where and when did she meet her husband? Skoutari during World War II was reoccupied by Bulgarian Army and was again part of Bulgaria. Maybe this is a war love story.

===
      She just said Skoutari, I do not know which one specifically. I wish I knew how they met, but I have never asked, and if they did I can not remember, and I do not live near them to ask, only when I go to visit do they tell me about this stuff, this is stuff I will ask when I go to visit them.

Comment

• King Niko
        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
        Can you share this weird surname? If not, feel free to send it to me in a Private Message. I can tell you my opinion, in the forum or in a Private Message without revealing the surname.

So, the grandfather (originally born in Bulgaria) was a Bulgarian or Greek citizen or both?
        I wish I could they never told me specifically what it was.

I just know after it was changed his name became Sava Hristo.

I just know he had Bulgarian citizenship, I do not think he was ever a Greek citizen.

Comment

• Redsun
          • Jul 2013

I was under the impression that a "troll" exercised sarcasm through statements in order to shock and upset.

Viewing the structure of your posts within the other forum and your choice of words it seems to me that you wish to incite some negative attitude and reaction.

Comment

• VMRO
            • Sep 2008

By seeing some of those posts above, you're very familiar with the black milestones in Macedonian history... more so than your average Macedonian teen these days....

based on the above, i'd have to lean towards you being not genuine.
            Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• King Niko
              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
              By seeing some of those posts above, you're very familiar with the black milestones in Macedonian history... more so than your average Macedonian teen these days....

based on the above, i'd have to lean towards you being not genuine.
              I have studied the history of the Balkans since I was 12 on my own time after school for hours a day.

I just love the Balkans and its history, I even self-taught myself Bosnian, in which I speak almost everyday to friends I met online who are from Bosnia.

What do you mean not genuine by any chance? As in not a genuine user, or genuine Balkanite?

I am a genuine user, I have nothing to hide, I mess around on the forum called the apricity, the users were rude to me there, so I only mess around there.

I came here to learn, same as when I went to stormfront forums ( I am not a white nationalist ), I just went there too learn and ask questions.

Comment

• VMRO
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by King Niko View Post
                I have studied the history of the Balkans since I was 12 on my own time after school for hours a day.

I just love the Balkans and its history, I even self-taught myself Bosnian, in which I speak almost everyday to friends I met online who are from Bosnia.

What do you mean not genuine by any chance? As in not a genuine user, or genuine Balkanite?

I am a genuine user, I have nothing to hide, I mess around on the forum called the apricity, the users were rude to me there, so I only mess around there.

I came here to learn, same as when I went to stormfront forums ( I am not a white nationalist ), I just went there too learn and ask questions.
                Can you speak Macedonian?

Comment

• King Niko
                  • Sep 2015

Can you speak Macedonian?
                  Meh, as in native? No.

As in learning? A tiny bit I guess you could say.

Comment

• VMRO
                    • Sep 2008

Meh, as in native? No.

As in learning? A tiny bit I guess you could say.
                    So you taught yourself Bosnian before Macedonian?

Comment

• King Niko
                      • Sep 2015

So you taught yourself Bosnian before Macedonian?
                      About two weeks ago I actually looked into my family history too double check names and stuff because I found myself intrigued.

Before that I was just reading online about the history, relationships, etc.,

So I had never really had the intent of trying to learn, about two years ago, I actually hand wrote over 300 Macedonian Phrases, How to pronounce each letter and a ton of words with the English translation, I took it hardcore, but overtime school work came hard and I kind of got caught up and actually lost my notebook of all that work, and since then I forgot a lot.

During that time I also studied Bosnian, which out of the time being I actually found myself associating with Bosnian people because I was learning about the break up of Yugoslavia at that time and was really intrigued by Bosnia and their history as it is hard to find specifics on it, so I started learning Bosnian and actually found people on teamspeak servers and other places and actually talked to them and when you speak a language you just learn it much quicker.

I tried learning Macedonian, but when I never used it besides for my own personal use it kind of fell through and with school work. It was the first language I tried,

I have always loved Macedonian city names, like Skopje, Bitola, etc, I just love saying them, such beautiful names. Just like the language, but Bosnian was easier for myself at least.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2014

She just said Skoutari, I do not know which one specifically. I wish I knew how they met, but I have never asked, and if they did I can not remember, and I do not live near them to ask, only when I go to visit do they tell me about this stuff, this is stuff I will ask when I go to visit them.
                        I wish I could they never told me specifically what it was.

I just know after it was changed his name became Sava Hristo.

I just know he had Bulgarian citizenship, I do not think he was ever a Greek citizen.

About your paternal grandparents, can you figure out (approximately) when they were born, when they got married or had their children and if they met in United States (after immigrating) or before? This sounds like the story of Rita Wilson's parents. Is it possible that your Bulgarian grandfather was a Muslim who converted to Christianity after his birth?

There's nothing weird or fishy with the surname Christo, you just don't have it correctly. If he was in Greece it would be Christou (Χρήστου), if he was in Bulgaria it would be Christoff.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon
                          Originally posted by Amphipolis
                          ......it could indeed appear in the Balkans (Greece, Turkey, Bulgaria) and even more West and North up to Central Europe (e.g. Yugoslavia or Germany) and pass as anything as far as I can say.
                          Where are you referring to as Yugoslavia, given that such a place doesn't even exist?
                          In the interest of self-preservation, I suggest you answer the above question I posed to you earlier in this thread.
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                            Banned
                            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                            In the interest of self-preservation, I suggest you answer the above question I posed to you earlier in this thread.
                            All of it, or even further, e.g. even Albania. There ARE people with distinct features (e.g. Pontic or Albanians) but his face is not that case. At least I don't think so.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

All of what? Yugoslavia doesn't exist. Don't think for a second that you're fooling anybody here when using such a term. Your aim was to avoid referring to Macedonia directly. In future refrain from your subtle idiocy and be as accurate as you are descriptive.
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

Amphipolis don't expect people to give you their real names as you might just pass them to your greek authority friends.They ,ight just find them and abuse them.
                                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X