X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bij
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Ljubanec View Post
    Sorry I just watched the documentary that has been posted here not the full version. What's up with the Macedonian Taxi Driver? What were some of the anti-Macedonian sentiments that Ms. Peev displayed?
    I haven't seen it in 4 years, but he just kept whinging who cares whose song it is if i'm not getting paid and able to take a vacation every year.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Bringing a thread back from the dead. The original link to the clip looks like it has been deactivated, so here is another one:

Aside from the less than admirable behaviour of those Serbs and Bulgars she came across, what caught my interest at 31:05 was the Bosnian lady in the clip who claims that this is a unique song from Sarajevo, yet when she recites a verse she sings "cvijete ubavi" (in the Bulgarian subtitle it translates as "tsvete moe ubavo"). Personally I couldn't care where the song originated from, I just found it interesting that she used the word "ubavo" in the same way as Macedonians and wondered if it is used in everyday speech by other Bosnians.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Amphipolis
        Banned
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Bij View Post
        I am only going by memory from a few years ago but...In every country she visited, she did not seek out any experts. She merely gathered sentiment from locals, patriots, boozos and whackjobs. I'm sure if she sought experts in other countries, they too would have conceded the song is not their own (except for maybe Greece... we all know how they operate!).
        Being a Greek (semi) expert I can give what you’re missing:

In Greece this song is considered a traditional song from Smyrna. Today, it is popular in two different versions of lyrics; the documentary provides a third one from Lesvos, not so widely known in mainland Greece.

In case it matters, the exact origins of each song CAN be objectively traced if one looks for the earliest recordings or other historical references of the song in written sources.

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

I see our music/songs being taken all the time being passed off as greek or bulgarian.I F You check on you tibe you will see music /dances as dedcribed as macefonian.eg golema svadba big wedding macedonian mic yet the bulgarians are happy to take it as their own.
          stani mome da zaigrash.makedonsko devojche.greekd havr taken kafeani ochi tune brown eyes.THey put their own words.I wonder if there is such a thing as copyright.?
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Amphipolis
            Banned
            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by George S. View Post
            I see our music/songs being taken all the time being passed off as greek or bulgarian.I F You check on you tibe you will see music /dances as dedcribed as macefonian.eg golema svadba big wedding macedonian mic yet the bulgarians are happy to take it as their own.
            stani mome da zaigrash.makedonsko devojche.greekd havr taken kafeani ochi tune brown eyes.THey put their own words.I wonder if there is such a thing as copyright.?
            Of course there's no copyright for traditional songs (songs of unknown composer). I googled your titles to see if I know any of the songs, and if they are indeed Macedonian.

The first one (for which there's also a popular Greek version) is a Turkish song (I thought).

Novogodisna Programa Za IRIS TV - Stip Restoran VA-GO Za 2010

The second song you mention (makedonsko devojche) I can't recognize it.

The third song (kafeani ochi?) is so misspelled that I can't find what you mean. Google and YouTube produce no results.

===
            Last edited by Amphipolis; 10-11-2015, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• VMRO
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
              Of course there's no copyright for traditional songs (songs of unknown composer). I googled your titles to see if I know any of the songs, and if they are indeed Macedonian.

The first one (for which there's also a popular Greek version) is a Turkish song (I thought).

Novogodisna Programa Za IRIS TV - Stip Restoran VA-GO Za 2010

The second song you mention (makedonsko devojche) I can't recognize it.

The third song (kafeani ochi?) is so misspelled that I can't find what you mean. Google and YouTube produce no results.

===

Try kafeavi ochi.
              Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                Banned
                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
                Try kafeavi ochi.
                Thanks. Is it this one?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

No, it doesn't ring a bell. Some small parts seem probably close to something familiar but I can't figure out what.

Comment

Working...
                X