X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • julie
    • May 2009

Thank you for the link Voltron
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Voltron
      Banned
      • Jan 2011

Anytime Julie

Comment

• GStojanov
        • Mar 2010

Voltron is correct. This site is far older than the hellenic migrations, and it represents the dawn of the Balkan and European civilization. It should bring together and not apart our nations.

This site has been of interest to the Macedonian archeologists and paleolinguists too. Having deciphered several inscriptions found in Republic of Macedonia from that period, they tried to decipher this one too:

As for preserving the wood for that long, it is a rare case of submerging organic material in fine grain mud (mil in Macedonian) where there is no oxigen. There are other known cases of entire human bodies being preserved (mumified) in this way.

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

This find is not greek as its inhabitants were'nt greek.I would say it's Macedonian.The greeks came thousands of years later something like 7500 years later.Do people think that just because they hold the territory they should take the glory even though they have no real connection.
          Last edited by George S.; 04-12-2011, 12:03 PM. Reason: edit
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Voltron
            Banned
            • Jan 2011

George, I wouldnt worry about that too much.
            This is just something that is related to our region, and goes way back.
            Hopefully they can find more information about those inhabitants.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

Voltron what possible is there left with inscriptions showing macedonian text who else would have occupied those lands.Don't tell me the greeks had a TIME machine & they could go back 10,000 years.You know what they are going to say that greece goes back into prehistoric times blah blah ignoring everything & appropriating it as greek.I hope you have seen the djoran lake settlrmrnts as they are similar to the kostur ones.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Pelister
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by GStojanov View Post
                Voltron is correct. This site is far older than the hellenic migrations, and it represents the dawn of the Balkan and European civilization. It should bring together and not apart our nations.

This site has been of interest to the Macedonian archeologists and paleolinguists too. Having deciphered several inscriptions found in Republic of Macedonia from that period, they tried to decipher this one too:

As for preserving the wood for that long, it is a rare case of submerging organic material in fine grain mud (mil in Macedonian) where there is no oxigen. There are other known cases of entire human bodies being preserved (mumified) in this way.
                Unless someone can establish the provenance of the object, I would guess its some kind of forgery. Such things cannot be fully understood outside of their proper historical and political context - and we know that Greece only releases 'evidence' if it favors its highly nationalist narrative. Otherwise, these kinds of things are usually buried fast in Greece, and closed to outside observers. I am aware of cases of wood and bones being 'preserved' but I am highly skeptical that the 'etchings' on this wood, looking in as good a condition as they do, are in fact genuine.

Comment

Working...
                X