X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bratot
    • Sep 2008

Something I collected while ago:

Macedonian National Dresses. The most important characteristics of the Macedonian people are the nature of each Macedonian area, the folk economy, the architecture, and the festive national dresses. In this document, I'll try to present the Macedonian national dresses which are all distinguished for their impresiveness, color harmony, and the richness of their ornamentation.
    The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• julie
      • May 2009

Bratot, thank you , that is awesome, love the "nosiya"
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• makedonin
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by daniel the great
        Can some one tell me what this is called and what it is for?:
        It is called "Tepelak" in many regions. It comes from the turkish word "Tepe" which means top, or forhead.

It is a bridal jewelery and is worn on the forehead as you can see it here:

To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Onur
          • Apr 2010

In Turkey, we call this bridal jewelery as "Tepe-lik" as Makedonin said but it should always have 5 coins attached to it. I think one coin is missing on the jewelery pictured above and i can see the little attachment hook for the 5th missing coin.

I have to say that the similarity between traditional Turkish and Macedonian clothing is striking. I`ve checked wowturkey website to show you few pictures of our traditional bridal woman pictures and i saw that this jewelery is called as "Tepelik" in all other Turkic people at Caucasus too.

These are Aegean Anatolia villagers;

These are central Anatolia yoruk girls;

But these are regular cloths without any jewelery. The jewelery pieces only used in weddings or panayir.

These are Pomak girls in Bulgaria with traditional cloths. They look similar to your/our clothing too;

Last edited by Onur; 07-31-2010, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• makedonin
            • Sep 2008

Onur, greeks call it "tepeliki".

Type in google 'tepeliki greece' and you will se for your self. They must think that it is from Homers time.

By the way, after 500 years of Ottoman empire, no wonder that there are many similarities. There were no borders than.
            To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Daniel the Great
              • Nov 2009

Thanks for the information.

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                • Nov 2009

This is a nice song by Jordan Mitev, and a good traditional dance as well.

Karolince karanfilce - Jordan Mitev:
                YouTube - ‪Karolince karanfilce - Jordan Mitev‬‎

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                  • Nov 2009

This might of already been shown on this forum but i think it is appropriate to show it again in this thread.

Traditional Macedonian folk art:

This chest of some sought is interesting with three Macedonian sun symbols on it.

Traditional Macedonian jewelry:

Comment

• makedonin
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by daniel the great View Post
                    This might of already been shown on this forum but i think it is appropriate to show it again in this thread.

Traditional Macedonian folk art:

This chest of some sought is interesting with three Macedonian sun symbols on it.
                    That chest is found in the Rovevski house in Ohrid, which is now museum and anyone can visit it.

It is from XVIII as far as I recall correctly. Robevski were close friends of Miladinov family.

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                      • Nov 2009

Komitsko oro:
                      YouTube - Komitsko - Ansambl "MAKEDONKA" - Ohrid 2009

Comment

• Makedonetz
                        • Apr 2010

Grupa Biser - Narode Makedonski

Rajna - Samodiva, Pirin folk 2002

le le majko
                        Makedoncite se borat
                        za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                        - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Makedonetz
                          • Apr 2010

Nashta baba ut Egej!!

Makedoncite se borat
                          za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                          - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                            • Nov 2009

Brojnici

Brojanici.

They are a very old religious icon used in mostly Orthodox countries, apparently every knot in the Brojanica symbolizes a prayer, they are very popular among Macedonian Orthodox Christians.

Onur, can you tell me what these are called and what they are for, i think these are also called Brojanci in Macedonian. I think it was the Turks that brought them to Macedonia and Greece etc, they are used by old men to twurl around.

Comment

• Onur
                              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by daniel the great View Post
                              Onur, can you tell me what these are called and what they are for, i think these are also called Brojanci in Macedonian. I think it was the Turks that brought them to Macedonia and Greece etc, they are used by old men to twurl around.

Yes DTG, these are what you call as "Brojanci" too. We call it as "Tespih" in Turkish. There are 100s of different prayer beads with different precious stones.

I think Jews and early Arab christians in Palestine used this first and then it came to Ottoman Empire with islam and then to the Balkans from us. These are used by old men in Turkey too, but usually not as a prayer bead, but just for an object to twirl around.

Only orthodox christians uses these prayer beads, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X