Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Of course, that is only logical. One only need to take a look at his coat of arms to notice the cosmopolitan nature of his empire, in which the Macedonian lion emblem and name is present.....don't remember seeing the Greek one though.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Lol, how funny is this, Stefan Dusan's imperial coat of arms are nowhere to be found on the wiki articles:

I know for a fact that one could access it there once upon a time. Miserable psuedo-historians on the internet are always trying to cover up the truth.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Here is the coat of arms for Dusan's son, however it is listed by the authors at wiki as fictional, this is news to me, and it begs the question, why have something fictional up on a site that is supposed to be factual?

Macedonia is the first one listed, and the emblem is located on the top left corner.

Comment

• Bratot
          • Sep 2008

Reino Macedónico (976-1018)

SAMUEL 976-1014
          GABRIEL RADOMIR 1014-1015
          JUAN VLADISLAV 1015-1018
          Dominación de Bizancio 1018-1185

The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• TRAVOLTA
            • Nov 2009

Is this what we were looking for?

Comment

• Daskalot
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TRAVOLTA View Post
              Nice find Travolta! I surely looks like it!
              Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Bratot
                • Sep 2008

There is more on the site from Travolta

The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Daskalot
                  • Sep 2008

By the looks of it that one is from 1555....... If I was to be a Greek propagandist I would take a time out and rethink my strategy.
                  Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• TRAVOLTA
                    • Nov 2009

One more

Comment

• Bratot
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                      By the looks of it that one is from 1555....... If I was to be a Greek propagandist I would take a time out and rethink my strategy.

Yep

Makedonija
                      Grb Makedonije: Zlatni lav s krunom nad glavom i crveno polje na štitu,
                      javlja se po prvi put u grbovniku «Libellus scutorum vel signorum publicorum», što ga je 1555. objavio njemački heraldičar Vergil Solis iz Nürnberga.
                      Iz ovog grbovnika prešao je u ilirske grbovnike među kojima jedno od prvih mjesta zauzima ovaj Fojnički grbovnik.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                        • Jan 2009

Old topic but relevant with this one.
                        Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                          • Jan 2009

Ok guys how about this coat of arms;

Mladen Of Ohrid (Father of Branko Mladenovic)
                          Branko Mladenovic (Founder of the Brankovici family, born in Ohrid)

Family coat of arms are strikingly Macedonian - http://www.rodoslovlje.com/medieval_...brankovics.htm
                          Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Bratot
                            • Sep 2008

Very nice TM,

I'm not sure if the Coat of Arms require additional commentary, it's obvious.

Comment

• Delodephius
                              • Sep 2008

Tzar Dushan's title

I am still trying to figure the exact meaning behind Tzar Dushan of Serbia being called "The Macedonian Tzar". I have started copying his code from an old book and I placed the portion I copied on the Wikisource:

The code begins:
                              БЛАГОЧЬСТИВАГО И ВѢРНАГО И ХРИСТОЛЮБИВАГО МАКЕДОНСКАГО

ЦАРА СТЕФАНА ЗАКОНЬ
                              Translation:

Of the most honourable and faithful and Christ-loving Macedonian
                              Tzar Stephan's Law

To my knowledge, in the Middle Ages it was a common belief or practice that no man could claim an imperial crown while there still was a living emperor of the Romans. So Tzar Stephan Dushan claimed the crown of Alexander of Macedon.
                              अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
                              उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
                              This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
                              But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

I have heard that reasoning before, but why would he be associated with the crown of an empire from antiquity rather than one with a more recent precedent, like that of Bulgaria, which was the first such independent entity on formerly Roman soil? This is what appears to have happened with Samuel, and he lived centuries before Dusan. Unless of course there is a connection to the empire of Samuel himself, which was based in Macedonia, but even then, there is a significant time lapse.

I think the main reason that Dusan was recorded as a Macedonian emperor was because he absorbed Macedonian territory in his domains, which resulted in the development from a kingdom to an empire. Furthermore, Macedonian cities served as his capital and place of corronation. This proves that places as far north as Skopje were considered Macedonian even from his time - as were the people living there. If we assume that it is geographic in nature, it fits well with the rest of what is written (from the first page in this thread):
                                (Code of) the honorable and Christ-loving Macedonian Tsar Stefan, Serbian, Bulgarian, Hungarian, Dalmation, Arbanasian, Hungarian Wallachian and indipendent ruler of many other regions and lands...
                                Plus, the Macedonian name and all that was associated with it, far exceeded the prestige of the Serbian name (in terms of historical relevance to the region) at that point in time. So a claim to antiquity cannot be ruled out either. There were probably a number of reasons for him claiming to be a Macedonian emperor.

Comment

Working...
                                X