• Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Macedonians fighting the Turks in modern 'Greece' 18th & 19th centuries

Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Good stuff TM, this is a vague topic and should be further explored. How far have we come in the last few years, our enemies told lie after lie about our people for years, and now we have at our disposal records of every era concerning the existence of the Macedonian people.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Pelister
      • Sep 2008

Nice find. There has been a piling up of evidence over the last few years - thats for sure.

I don't know if anything has been written on Macedonians in the Morea. But there is a very important theme here. Many thousands of Macedonians (either wanted at home by the Turks for some minor transgression, or simply too poor), went abroad to fight. I think they appear in every major European eastern war of the 19th century.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
        • Jan 2009

Not that this really has something to do with Macedonians fighting Turks but it is about Macedonians who do not want to fight for the Turk;

page 455

Osman's dream: the story of the Ottoman Empire, 1300-1923 By Caroline Finkel

The Morea is an interesting place for Macedonians fighting in it or hiding in it.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

Comment

• osiris
            • Sep 2008

again it surfaces the renaming of people backwards, if we they were slavs as the modern book published 1981 calls them why werent they slavs in the book published 1806.

this makes me think that the slav o centric view is much more modern than i imagined, and the name given to a people by historians not its contemporaries, like the term byazantine are totally irrelevant to the history of a people and its politically inspired and perpetuated.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
              • Jan 2009

Who in the world is this General Kallergis??? Here's a slew of info on him - http://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&tbo=1&q=Kalgeris+greek+revolution#q=Kallergis+greek+revolution&hl=en&tbo=1&tbm=bks&ei=3t2sTe77OMnB0QHNkJG6Cw&start=0&sa=N&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=2487aa4852ea88a1 Who is

The real Greeks would never have driven out the Turks. They were too degraded even to wish for liberty. For many years after we had achieved our own independence they called the times of Turkish rule 'the good times. ' It was the Albanians and Macedonians and foreigners who fought the Turks.
              Demetrios Kallergis, then Minister of Greece, 1860

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

TM the greeks have never had it so good.They keep forgeting about that particular period.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                X