• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The LION will ROAR
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Moon Tiki View Post
    Paris, 05.10.2010

Within a year from now, one of the greatest museums in the world, the Louvre Museum, will be hosting 668 art objects and a copy of the mosaic from the Archaeological Museum of Thessaloniki and all Ephorate of Prehistoric and Classical Antiquities of Macedonia.

The exhibition entitled “Ancient Macedonia. In the Kingdom of Alexander the Great”, will be presented at the French Capital from the following October of 2011 until February 2012.

The Louvre will dedicate in 2012 to Thessaloniki and its five museums (Archaeological, Byzantine, Telogleion, State Museum of Modern Art and Macedonian) an exhibition, which will include modern artworks from the 17th and 18th century.
    Does this make you more Macedonian..? or does Turkish coffee make you feel more Greek..?
    The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Moon Tiki
      Banned
      • Feb 2011

There was no point, just info, since recently there were 2 threads about Macedonian exhibitions in UK (I think) and Serbia.
      The one in Louvre is going to be huge. So, if anyone is in Paris these days, or closer to Paris than Macedonia he can see (concentrated) some of the best pieces from the Museums of Thessaloniki, Vergina, Pella, Amphipolis, Dion etc.

PS. I've noticed Turks don't drink coffee as Greeks do; they mostly have tea. Also, modern Greeks have abandoned the traditional hot “Greek” or “Turkish” coffee and prefer cold instant coffee, called “frappe”.
      Last edited by Moon Tiki; 02-16-2011, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• Bukefal
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dimko-piperkata View Post

The artefacts had earlier been displayed in the National Museum in Belgrade, but after an appeal by the Macedonian Cultural Protection Office, the country of origin was mentioned.:

lol. Do we even have one? If so, then I suggest they start doing something and work their ass off to really protect something. Starting with a campaign to get the mask back.

Comment

• Niko777
          • Oct 2010

Maybe Greece can sell some artifacts to France to help pay down its debt.

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

Especially the golden wreaths which are really priceless they could help pay the debt.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
            X