What do Macedonians think of Bulgarians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gocka
    • Dec 2012

Its pretty Funny.

You must have missed my question. I asked what nationality you are?

Originally posted by tchaiku View Post
    The meltdown.
    I also thought of a punch line for the joke Amphipolis told.

I guess the olives in Greece are magic olives, kind of like the magic beans form Jack's bean stalk. You eat the magic olives and they turn you the same color as the olive!

Comment

• Amphipolis
      Banned
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
      Every time we bring up a Greek who looks different it turn out he's half this and half that. Why are all your famous preople mixed? I can count the Macedonians who are mixed on two hands. It seems your entire country his half this or half that.
      That’s because you usually bring up the picture of a mixed-race person and ask is this the descendant of Sophocles? People from the Greek-diaspora (second or third generation) have higher probability of being half-Greek (as Valeria Golino or Zach Galifianakis) or quarter-Greek (as Emmanuelle Béart, Catherine Zeta-Jones or Hugh Jackman).

There's nothing wrong with Metroglou, or the way he looks. Just admit that it's highly unlikely that he is Alexander the Macedonian's cousin
      If we accept Alexander’s portraits as realistic many of his anthropological indices can be extracted (cephalic index, facial index etc.). Has anyone tried that?

You are all mongrels, as are we all in the Balkans. If I'm just a Slav, then you're just a Turk. If I''m not a decedent of Macedonians, than you are not a decedent of Greeks. Take off your blinders for a second and realize how ridiculous your entire argument against us is.
      I understand why you are a Slav, but I don’t really understand why I’m a Turk.

==
      Last edited by Amphipolis; 04-07-2017, 07:19 AM.

Comment

• tchaiku
        • Nov 2016

I didnt miss your question it just went out of my mind quickly. I am Albanian. I have said this before in this forum.
        Last edited by tchaiku; 04-07-2017, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Gocka
          • Dec 2012

I understand why you are a Turk, but I don’t really understand why I’m a Slav.

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post

I understand why you are a Slav, but I don’t really understand why I’m a Turk.

==
          I also understand why you are a douche-bag, but I don't understand why you don't know that.

Comment

• Gocka
            • Dec 2012

Sorry must have missed it. A Squip huh. This must be quite entertaining then.

I didnt miss your question it just went out of my mind quickly. I am Albanian. I have said this before in this forum.

Comment

• tchaiku
              • Nov 2016

As for who is more Asiatic, that's hard to answer. At least a third of Greece, in the north is non Asiatic looking but they are in my Opinion not Greeks, mostly Albanians Macedonians, and Vlachs.

If you want to consider true Greeks as Athens and south, then probably Greeks. Most of them could easily pass off as middle eastern if they wanted to.

Bulgarians on the other hand, as you go east, some look Asiatic, but I think a good majority look more
              I have seen dark Albanians Bulgarians Macedonians etc. but rarely Greeks. It is so intersting that many describe thems as Pakis Iranians etc. How is the porpotion to your guess 1/3 1/5 1/6 of them that look like that.

Comment

• Redsun
                • Jul 2013

I have seen dark Albanians Bulgarians Macedonians etc. but rarely Greeks. It is so intersting that many describe thems as Pakis Iranians etc. How is the porpotion to your guess 1/3 1/5 1/6 of them that look like that.
                Why do you ask this? What proportion do you think they make and why does it matter to you?

Comment

• tchaiku
                  • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Redsun View Post
                  Why do you ask this? What proportion do you think they make and why does it matter to you?
                  Nothing, I just went to dentist, now I have to roll around so I thought wasting my time on that.

Comment

• Benito
                    • May 2015

As some of you know, I am Dutch. I have lived in Bulgaria for a few years. The most people I have met were somehow football hooligans/skinheads/nationalists. Many good people, some of them with brains. But, many of them did irritate me... The hatred towards most of their neighbours, especially towards Macedonian and Serbs... Many even praised an independent Kosovo and believed the Islamic Albanians are much closer to them then the 'Serbs' or 'Macedonians'. Although I have met many great people, I see Bulgaria as a very rude, anti-social place with a lot of awful people. I always tell Western people the same thing: If you travel from Bulgaria to Serbia or Macedonia, the closer you get to the border, the more friendly the people become. Even the border police have more humor, sense and respect. Loved the country, but couldn't believe the rudeness. I never saw this in any other Balkan country. I believe Macedonians are very friendly and open. I remember dining (for free!) with a restaurant owner and his family in Skopje just on the shores of the river... He approached me as I was sitting alone eating and drinking and asked me where I was from.. When I was replying in English (with Dutch accent) he replied back to me in Dutch as he was living there for 30 years and now is the proud owner of one of the best restaurants in Skopje. I returned to him a few times after this and couldn't believe the goodness of the guy. Big respect!

Comment

• Skolovranec
                      • Mar 2017

No joke answers. I was wondering how do Macedonians see them in ... umm ... not just in a political sense but also historical and much more you know?
                      There is no shade.

Keep in your mind that I am supportive of the Macedonian identity. The reason why I am asking because I see some negativity from Macedonians towards Bulgarians and I am also really interested on hearing the opinions of Macedonians.
                      Negativity breeds negativity they say. I guess one could swap negativity with nationalism and hit the nail right on the head for the attitude and general perception Macedonia has for its neighbours, and why.

I don't mind Bulgarian nationalism. In fact, I don't mind any country's nationalism. The problem arises when politicians try to extend that nationalist thought over the expense on other cultures or nations and their own national spirit and integrity, which has been a clear case of Bulgaria's strategy historically. Even today, your politicians try to win over political brownie points by repeating the same old tiresome rhetoric on how we are an artificial nation and being the same people etc. and condemning any discourse highlighting the atrocities done by the previous Bulgarian generations who led the power of the country.

Another thing that bothers me (and I guess my fellow countrymen), is the opportunistic vulture attitude. Yesterday we shake hands, today you spit on me or put some form of blockade or sanction on something, tomorrow you court me again with flowers (ripped from my own garden). I think you understand the poetic expression I'm trying to deliver. Despite the ongoing requests and pleas by Bulgaria for our two countries to become better friends and allies and sign some good-neighbourly act, the reality is that you are not really showing you want to be good neighbors. And we will never be good neighbours or friends as long as your country keeps the political status quo establishment when it comes to foreign relations with Macedonia and the Macedonian populations in Bulgaria. Not only that Act, but any other economic and trade Act that otherwise might be beneficial to both parties.

I know enough Bulgarians to know that not everyone thinks that way nor approves of this attitude, and you seem to be that way as well, at least in passing, judging from your OP, so I guess it's some sort of propaganda at work, and unless you change your political roster and the way they conduct business, internally (with regards to minorities), and externally, good neighborly relations or improvement on the existing ones will remain a matter of fiction and wishful thinking. Owning up to the BS done in the past like Germany did is another plus I think. Rather than trying to paint those who state those facts about Bulgaria as compiling false history etc. And FFS, stop giving away passports. The strategy is not working, people use them to get away in sunny EU, not because they suddenly experienced a Bulgarian Epiphany.

That would be all, for now. I may add more later.
                      Anti-EU Pro-Guns National-Libertarian Trekkie Minarchist
                      Anti-NATO Pro-United MK Agnostic Secularist Magick Occultist
                      Anti-UN Pro-Military Meritocratic Integrationist Altruistic Socio-Darwinist
                      Anti-Globalist Pro-Choice Intellectual Pirate Spiritual Vagabond

Comment

• tchaiku
                        • Nov 2016

Last edited by tchaiku; 06-03-2017, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X