What do Macedonians think of Bulgarians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tchaiku
    • Nov 2016

What do Macedonians think of Bulgarians?

No joke answers. I was wondering how do Macedonians see them in ... umm ... not just in a political sense but also historical and much more you know?
    There is no shade.

Keep in your mind that I am supportive of the Macedonian identity. The reason why I am asking because I see some negativity from Macedonians towards Bulgarians and I am also really interested on hearing the opinions of Macedonians.
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

Depends on the person like everyone else. Not going to view an entire nationality based on the politics expressed by some online. Only ever met one Bulgarian in my entire life and she was just an old lady.
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• tchaiku
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
      Depends on the person like everyone else. Not going to view an entire nationality based on the politics expressed by some online. Only ever met one Bulgarian in my entire life and she was just an old lady.
      I mean it, as a whole nation.

Comment

• Amphipolis
        Banned
        • Aug 2014

You should look at this thread

I know that Macedonians generally have negative perceptions of Bulgarians, Albanians and Greeks, but how do Macedonians feel about Serbia? How do Macedonians feel about the days of Yugoslavia and the decision of the former Macedonian leaders to secede from Yugoslavia? I am just wondering, I am Bulgarian and am interested to see

where I had also added my opinion as a Greek when my username was Sweet Sixteen.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by tchaiku View Post
          I mean it, as a whole nation.
          Wannabe Russians who belittle Macedonians. Little do they know that the good part of them is nothing but Macedonian influenced.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Gocka
            • Dec 2012

Bulgarians annoy me more than Greeks and Albanians by far. They are smug and ignorant as they come. Give it a hundred years and there will be no such thing as Bulgarians. There is no such ethnic group and there never was. Just a bunch of confused, Tatars, Roma, and Macedonians, who steal Macedonian history. With out the Russians, there would be no Bulgaria.

Comment

• tchaiku
              • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
              Bulgarians annoy me more than Greeks and Albanians by far. They are smug and ignorant as they come. Give it a hundred years and there will be no such thing as Bulgarians. There is no such ethnic group and there never was. Just a bunch of confused, Tatars, Roma, and Macedonians, who steal Macedonian history. With out the Russians, there would be no Bulgaria.
              How did Bulgarians learn to speak Macedonian?
              And why did Bulgaria exist in Middle Ages?
              Last edited by tchaiku; 04-01-2017, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Gocka
                • Dec 2012

Where are Bulgarian roots from? What is a Bulgarian and where did they come from?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgarian_Empire

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

They didn't learn it from Khan Asparukh.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• maco2envy
                    • Jan 2015

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgarian_Empire
                    The Bulgaria we know today did not exist in the middle ages, but the empire they chose to base their national identity on did exist in the middle ages, but that empire vanished under ottoman rule. After that it was merely a geographical region (Sofia region + danube bulgaria exclusively), and the rest of Bulgaria was under a variety of different names, such as 'Eastern Rumelia'.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by maco2envy View Post
                      The Bulgaria we know today did not exist in the middle ages, but the empire they chose to base their national identity on did exist in the middle ages, but that empire vanished under ottoman rule. After that it was merely a geographical region (Sofia region + danube bulgaria exclusively), and the rest of Bulgaria was under a variety of different names, such as 'Eastern Rumelia'.
                      Similar to the Greeks with the ancient Hellenes
                      I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Gocka
                        • Dec 2012

LOL this is what I was eluding to but I wanted him to get there on his own. As always you make a point with flair.

With out Macedonians there is no Bulgaria.

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                        They didn't learn it from Khan Asparukh.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
                          As always you make a point with flair.
                          It does annoy me I must say.

If we are to believe the Slavic Migration Theory, then perhaps 100 years earlier, a few of those pesky Slavs made it to Macedonia and regions surrounding it. They supposedly taught ALL of those perfect speaking Greek goat lovers to speak that terrible Slavic tongue.

THEN, (some 100 years later) some Turkic yurt dwelling goat lovers came to invade the same regions. But instead of everybody embracing the new Turkic language (because SURELY the Slavic language could not have had enough time to embed itself into the culture of the people), the yurt dwellers began to speak the VERY new Slavic language.

SO .... seriously .... how does such a recently introduced language (according to most scholars) become the language of the Bulgars? And why didn't they embrace their true Turkic identities?
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Solun
                            • Sep 2012

There is no way to insult someone in Macedonia more than to call them Bulgarian

Comment

• Gocka
                              • Dec 2012

I've been to Bulgaria a couple of times and I'll never forget the first time.

My first experience was when I flew into Sofia because I couldn't get a last minute flight to Skopje. I had never been to Bulgaria and had only met a few Bulgarians in my entire life. I get off the plane and make my way through the terminals at Sofia airport. For a second I swear to you, I thought I was in the wrong country. Everyone, all the employees were brown. Everyone was speaking Bulgarian, but didn't look how I expected Bulgarians to look. I assumed they were all Roma. Then the funniest thing happened. I get a taxi to take me to the bus station so I can head to Macedonia. The taxi driver was dark as night. The guy was clearly a gypsy, not just in skin color but in facial features. So me and the driver are chit chatting while we drive and a group of gypsies are crossing the road all leisurely. The driver start cursing at them, "mame da vi ebam djupsi smrdeni". He looks at me and says "there are too many gypsies here". I was totally caught off guard. Lol I'm looking at this guy thinking dude do you have a mirror? I'll never forget it.

That in a nutshell is Bulgaria. A Gypsy who thinks hes "Bulgarian" cursing at other gypsies.

As we made our way more west towards Macedonia the people got whiter and whiter, but non the less, still just as confused.

Now I'm supposed to take these people seriously and accept that we are merely a part of their nation? Give me a break.

The western part of Bulgaria are Macedonians period, the east are Turkic, the center are Roma/Romanians. Their language is what Macedonians sounds like when the speaker is gay.

For god sake, AZIS is their most popular singer. A gay/transgender/IDK/I don't think he knows, person who sings like a woman in Arabic style.

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                              It does annoy me I must say.

If we are to believe the Slavic Migration Theory, then perhaps 100 years earlier, a few of those pesky Slavs made it to Macedonia and regions surrounding it. They supposedly taught ALL of those perfect speaking Greek goat lovers to speak that terrible Slavic tongue.

THEN, (some 100 years later) some Turkic yurt dwelling goat lovers came to invade the same regions. But instead of everybody embracing the new Turkic language (because SURELY the Slavic language could not have had enough time to embed itself into the culture of the people), the yurt dwellers began to speak the VERY new Slavic language.

SO .... seriously .... how does such a recently introduced language (according to most scholars) become the language of the Bulgars? And why didn't they embrace their true Turkic identities?
                              Originally posted by Solun View Post
                              There is no way to insult someone in Macedonia more than to call them Bulgarian
                              Last edited by Gocka; 04-04-2017, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X