• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spirit
    • May 2015

Allens Calenders

Hi guys.
    Just seeking a bit of advice, it may be trivial but it simple things like these that negate our identity.
    Allens Calenders refers to Macedonia as the Former Yugoslav Republic Of Macedonia instead of Republic Of Macedonia.
    The correspondence that I'm thinking of sending is

"Hello
    I'd like to point out that myself and all of my fellow Macedonians and Macedonian Australians find really offensive and racist with your calenders.
    On your calenders on the date of 8th September you have placed Independence Day, Former Yugoslav Republic Of Macedonia. The official name is Republic Of Macedonia, not Former Yugoslav Republic Of Macedonia. My fellow Macedonians/ Macedonian Australians and myself find this very offensive and racist. The Republic Of Macedonia is recognised by its constitutional name by over 150 countries in the world and it is irregardless that the Australian Government pursues a racist policy by not recognising Macedonia by its constitutional name but as Former Yugoslav Republic Of Macedonia in order to pander to the large numbers of Greek Australian voters. I respectfully ask that in future editions you state Republic Of Macedonia, not Former Yugoslav Republic Of Macedonia.
    I will advise my fellow Australian Macedonians to boycott your calenders in future editions unless this racist and offensive appellation is removed. I imagine you probably have a large number of Macedonian Australians who purchase your calenders for their businesses, actually my first cousin is the largest independent mechanical service in Newcastle and he gets you to make his calenders to whom he hands out to his customers. This offensive appellation has probably not been noticed by him but I will certainly highlight it to him and to my fellow Macedonian Australians through word of mouth, forums etc".

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and does anyone think I'm being trivial?
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Good work.
    It is calendArs though.

I am not sure I would even mention the Greeks.
    I'd like to point out that myself and all of my fellow Macedonians and Macedonian Australians find really offensive and racist with your calenders.
    On your calenders on the date of 8th September you have placed Independence Day, Former Yugoslav Republic Of Macedonia. The official name is Republic Of Macedonia, not Former Yugoslav Republic Of Macedonia. My fellow Macedonians/ Macedonian Australians and myself find this very offensive and racist. The Republic Of Macedonia is recognised by its constitutional name by over 150 countries in the world. I respectfully ask that in future editions you state Republic Of Macedonia, not Former Yugoslav Republic Of Macedonia.
    Seems enough to me.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
    X