X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevce
    • Jan 2016

Phonecian inscription of Edessa

Hi guys, I was looking at the above. Is there any confirmation of this inscription existing? I could not find anything besides two websites.
    Here is one of them. If there are any books or articles that you know of I would like to buy them. Thanks.
    This 2.900 years old marble inscription found recently near Macedonian borders, displays an epic chronicle about Macedonian invasion in Phrygian lands,establishment of their new kingdom and renaming the old Phrygian capital Edessa to Aigai. Also emphasizes that ancient Macedonians under leadership of Perdikas or Karanow had Illyrian and no Greek ethnic origin.
  • Amphipolis
    Banned
    • Aug 2014

This is an internet myth initiated by Nikos Stoidis (creator of the Bulgarmak website and leader of a... personal political organization) who allegedly found the inscription himself (!), then gave the inscription (or only its’ text) to the Greek Ministry of Culture that refused to accept it or publish it. According to him, the inscription is now safe at... Skopje.

This story seems to be as old as at least 2002, so all the gossip and comments are already lost and hard to find.

In this cache page you can see a picture of this alleged inscription.

====
    Last edited by Amphipolis; 05-29-2016, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• Stevce
      • Jan 2016

Thanks for the info Amphipolis.

Comment

Working...
      X