Greece executes 8 Macedonians (NY Times 1947)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • makedonche
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by thessalo-niki View Post
    There are more than a hundred websites in Greek about it. I tried the automatic translation but the results are disappointing. This is an introduction to the issues:

Also, the first two links, in references are in English and quite extended.
    Note: There are things I couldn't mention (cause you would ban me), but also things no one can change now, e.g. the name SNOF or the decisions and documents of the Greek Communist Party.
    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• thessalo-niki
      Banned
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
      Solun
      How about you quote just one credible, objective website not written by a greek! Please don't insult me with wikipedia references!
      Sorry, when I mentioned a link I meant this

Isn't Andrew Rossos, one of your people (I don't know exactly how he defines himself)? Then again, he could also be considered Greek. If you find other sources in English (e.g. British, Russian, Bulgarian), please provide them.
      Greek scholars, as expected, do not have a solid opinion on the Civil War. They range all the way from the Right Wing to the Left Wing. Personally, among the modern scholars, I like Kalyvas.
      PS. You know I'm an admirer of Wikipedia Project. Do you have any specific objections? If so, you can contribute by editing. If you just want to be informed, you can read the main section. If you want to go deeper to the controversial part, you can read the discussion section.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

The "Wikipedia Project", lol, have you seen what happens to the Macedonian related articles edited by Macedonians? They are immediately reverted back to the 'Greekocised' or 'Bulgarised' versions by some racist idiots with too much time on their hands. Several people, Macedonians included, are discouraged from posting and editing at Wikipedia for such reasons (there are people of other backgrounds that do the same, particularly where animosity exists with another nation), and this is why they are not fond of the website or its objectivity. In comparison, a Macedonian can't go near editing a Greek or Bulgar article.
        Originally posted by thessaloniki
        Do you have any specific objections?
        Several universities have had specific objections which have resulted in a ban of Wikipedia as a source or reference point. Would you care to address those objections? The "project" serves the purpose of light reference only, a small stone to jump on to the actual topics and sources which are generally (and ironically) distorted in Wikipedia itself.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Mikail
          • Sep 2008

Thessalo, are you Edopios apo tin Thessaloniki?
          From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• thessalo-niki
            Banned
            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Mikail View Post
            Thessalo, are you Edopios apo tin Thessaloniki?
            Nope, my great-grantparents or grant-parents came here in the 1910s, 1920s and 1930s from various places (see post#37 in the link below)
            I'm looking for some information on this area as my tatko used to tell us story's when he was little of an old ancient town in Mala prespa that he described as the "lost Atlantis" He said going fishing with his dad he could see old Crkva's the crosses sticking out of the water and later on when Greece took over they

Comment

• Onur
              • Apr 2010

Nope, my great-grantparents or grant-parents came here in the 1910s, 1920s and 1930s from various places (see post#37 in the link below)
              I'm looking for some information on this area as my tatko used to tell us story's when he was little of an old ancient town in Mala prespa that he described as the "lost Atlantis" He said going fishing with his dad he could see old Crkva's the crosses sticking out of the water and later on when Greece took over they

(a) Kozani and Kavala (they have lived both in Kozani, Kavala and the small city Eleftheroupoli/Pravi next to Kavala)
              (b) Komotini (in Thrace)
              (c) Adramytion/ Edremit (in Asia Minor)

Kozani and Kavala was always ~%80 Turkish populated before 1923. Gumulcine(Komotoni) was always %95 Turkish populated for centuries. Same applies to Edremit too.

Mate, be careful for not to be end up being partly Turkish ha? God forbid hehe
              Last edited by Onur; 07-25-2010, 06:26 AM.

Comment

• thessalo-niki
                Banned
                • Jun 2010

Where did you find those 80-95% figures? It doesn't even seem compatible with the Ottoman census of 1904-1905.
                Greek Christians and Muslim Ottomans were mixing only one way (for about 4 centuries). After 1821, many Muslims converted back to Christianity (either by force or in order to save their lives, to remain in their place or to serve their interests) but that was mostly in the liberated part of Greece. We come from the “new territories” and until 1910 all my ancestors were subjects of the Ottoman Empire.

Comment

• Pelister
                  • Sep 2008

Where did you find those 80-95% figures? It doesn't even seem compatible with the Ottoman census of 1904-1905.
                  Greek Christians and Muslim Ottomans were mixing only one way (for about 4 centuries). After 1821, many Muslims converted back to Christianity (either by force or in order to save their lives, to remain in their place or to serve their interests) but that was mostly in the liberated part of Greece. We come from the “new territories” and until 1910 all my ancestors were subjects of the Ottoman Empire.

From an Ottoman point of view, there were no 'Greek Christians' - rather Patriarchist Turks, Patriachist Macedonians, Patriarchist Vlasi ... just because a village is Patriarchist, in no way means that they were 'Greek' nationals, or 'Greeks' in an ethnic sense. When the Ottomans used the term 'Greek' they meant 'Christians'. This definition is also found in the Constitutionn of Greece of 1831. And like most 'New Greeks' today it is very, very likely you have a Turkish background.
                  Last edited by Pelister; 07-25-2010, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• momce
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2012

BS fascist state can invent all kinds of reasons to kill and execute people even just random sadism etc. Things like that were going on in "greece" before the communist party even existed. Yes we resisted Hellenism(church, state-police-terror, oligarchy formalised terror etc), chose freedom instead, our greatest historical enemy in all its hideous and stinking forms, mind, body and soul. Hellenism and its historical carriers was and is our greatest enemy because being largely a sham tyranny. It was a foreign thing; grecophones along with Macedonians and other Balkan peoples resisted it as well as being tired of eating chicken broth every day, working as slaves and taking their communion every sunday. Its called freedom. Greece is our enemy as a matter of course.
                    Last edited by momce; 02-28-2013, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X