Sclavonic is spoken in Macedon, Greek is a dead tongue, 1630!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Orovnichanec
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Svoliani View Post
    What is the bottom line here? "Macedonia is Slavic" instead of "Macedonia is Greek"
    Bottom line is Macedonia for the Macedonians......Macedonia is Macedonia.
    "Oh, Macedonians! It is time we realized that the greatest demon Macedonia must battle against is none other than Bulgaria" - Krste Petkov Misirkov

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

La la land eh , arent you the same guy who admitted and aknowledged that Greeks live in the southern parts of Macedonia, you want me to find the post? arent you the same guy who thought i was a vahalades, thats good laughs uchitel , if i was a vahalade i should be living in Turkey and a Muslim. Speaking of Vahalades , did they speak Sclavonic? They were from the Haliakmona valley, oh wait i mean the Bistritza, hey uchitel why this river has two names ?

I used wiki to give you a little info on the Voiou region i mean oops Gorusha Vojvona planina, whats with the double names again. who changed all these toponyms? Whats a Gorusha anyway?

As for getting pushed out and coming back, go read about the History of Visheni and how they have apparent origins from Epirus, people moved around , except you of course , you have been in the same place since Alexandars days.

As for Sclavonic being spoken in Macedonia in the 1600's , what a miracoulus find, its still spoken today around Florina/Edessa. But in Epirus it seems to be extinct.

What is the bottom line here? "Macedonia is Slavic" instead of "Macedonia is Greek"
      That was the most wishy washiest response I have ever read from a member of the Hellenic Dream Team (HDT). Can you please go back to the HDT headquarters and ask for some help. This was too easy.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Daskalot
        • Sep 2008

La la land eh , arent you the same guy who admitted and aknowledged that Greeks live in the southern parts of Macedonia, you want me to find the post? arent you the same guy who thought i was a vahalades, thats good laughs uchitel , if i was a vahalade i should be living in Turkey and a Muslim. Speaking of Vahalades , did they speak Sclavonic? They were from the Haliakmona valley, oh wait i mean the Bistritza, hey uchitel why this river has two names ?

I used wiki to give you a little info on the Voiou region i mean oops Gorusha Vojvona planina, whats with the double names again. who changed all these toponyms? Whats a Gorusha anyway?

As for getting pushed out and coming back, go read about the History of Visheni and how they have apparent origins from Epirus, people moved around , except you of course , you have been in the same place since Alexandars days.

As for Sclavonic being spoken in Macedonia in the 1600's , what a miracoulus find, its still spoken today around Florina/Edessa. But in Epirus it seems to be extinct.

WoW, what a bunch of mouth-diarrhoea, you seem to neglect the fact that the MACEDONIANS were SLAVIC-Speakers and not Greek-speakers, the Greek-speakers were to be found in some places in the Morea and in Anatolia so did your Yaya go to any of those places???

The double names are a more recent invention.... you surely know this it was your old Fascist mentor Metaxas that reinforced them.
        Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Svoliani
          Banned
          • Sep 2008

Lets try this again.
          " THE SCLAVONIC HATH ABOLISHED HER IN EPIRE AND MACEDON "

So it says that Greek was spoken in Macedon. It cant be more clear.
          In order for something to be abolished it must have existed.
          It doesnt say the Macedonian hath abolished the Greek in Epire and Macedon. It says Sclavonic.
          Metaxas didnt change the Haliakmona to the Bistritza it was a group of Sclavonic speaking people, im gonna call them Slavs , you can call them whatever you want, whatever the case you identify with Sclavonic, i prefer the Hellenic.

Then in your other article its states "its the vulgar speach of the Epirots"
          LOL who are these ethnic Epirotes , are they your long lost cousins??
          Where can we find these Sclavonic speaking ethnic Epirotes?? When you find them, go try and find those Sclavonic speaking Podolians.

Comment

• Daskalot
            • Sep 2008

Lets try this again.

So it says that Greek was spoken in Macedon. It cant be more clear.
            In order for something to be abolished it must have existed.
            It doesnt say the Macedonian hath abolished the Greek in Epire and Macedon. It says Sclavonic.
            Metaxas didnt change the Haliakmona to the Bistritza it was a group of Sclavonic speaking people, im gonna call them Slavs , you can call them whatever you want, whatever the case you identify with Sclavonic, i prefer the Hellenic.

Then in your other article its states "its the vulgar speach of the Epirots"
            LOL who are these ethnic Epirotes , are they your long lost cousins??
            Where can we find these Sclavonic speaking ethnic Epirotes?? When you find them, go try and find those Sclavonic speaking Podolians.
            Boy you are ignorant, to start with the end of your drivel, the Podolians are most likely the modern day Ukrainians you should know this, being from Ρωσία and all..... Are the Ukrainians Slavic speakers Svoliani?

The Epirots you say, you might not know this but most of Albania and Epirus have Slavic toponyms, you being from Kastoria and the Kozani area should know this as well......

Greek was spoken in Macedon, yes, it was the language of the upper classes and the ruling elite, but it was not the language of the mass of people, this is were the academics dig out their trenches......

The other language of the Macedonians was Macedonian, this you surely know.

So when you get your head out of the sand we can get down to business, you say your Yaya Despina spoke only Greek, are you sure that she was not an early settler from the Hellenic Kingdom of Bavarian Greece that came to Macedonia in the late 19th century....... could that be it?

Comment

• makedonin
              • Sep 2008

Lets try this again.
              exactly as Spanish and Portugese abolished the Languages of Maya, Inka, we have Eskimos speaking only Russian etc.

Abolishing a language from a use is different thing than killing off the native Spakers of the language.

you are desperately trying something wich does not necesserally implies anything.
              To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Daskalot
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonin View Post
                exactly as Spanish and Portugese abolished the Languages of Maya, Inka, we have Eskimos speaking only Russian etc.

Abolishing a language from a use is different thing than killing off the native Spakers of the language.

you are desperately trying something wich does not necesserally implies anything.
                Makedonin, he will never ever in his whole life understand what you just wrote........ sorry he lacks some needed IQ, the poor sod is just at IQ 85, that barely gets you thru the day, you know tying shoelaces and such can be quite the task.....

Comment

• TerraNova
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by makedonin View Post

Before the coming of the Spanish though..Mayas and Incas were speaking their own language- isnt?
                  And Spanish abolished it.

The text above says that Slavic abolished Greek...So what language were the locals speaking...?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TerraNova View Post
                    The text above says that Slavic abolished Greek...So what language were the locals speaking...?
                    Great point.
                    The point I made earlier about this was that the author did not really know what was being spoken before he got there. He was relying on suppositions that existed at his moment in history. He clearly has painted a picture in the 1600's of a very different Macedonia (and other places). Without it, we would have people like you saying "but what were the Macedonians speaking before Misirkov?". Now it appears we have clear proof that extends 400 years.

If we tie this in with Uncles Kiril & Metodi, we could extrapolate some clear assumptions about the region's character.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Daskalot
                      • Sep 2008

Anno 1630, Macedonians spoke Slavonic, fact.
                      Greeks were on Mars also a fact anno 1630.

Why is a part of Macedonia, Greek today?

Greek storytellers please...... start the storytelling.....

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Svoliani, stop scrapping for something that ain't there. Slavonic was stronger than Greek in Macedonia and therefore displaced it. The native language of the people in Macedon displaced the decayed 'lingua franca' of the wider region. Go back to bed and stop the egress of filth emanating from your confused grkoman head.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Something further to add in respect to this text, reference is made to the Greek tongue in Macedon in the same manner as it is with places like France, Italy, Anatolia, Syria, Palestine and Egypt, hardly the native language in these regions.
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Sarafot
                            • Dec 2008

I read it , its very clear , Greek was spoken and apparently extinguished. Now we need to find out what happened to this native population, i have the feeling they were pushed south.
                            Not from Odessa , not yaya Athina but close, my great grandmother Despina, a native to Macedonia from the Voiou Region (called Gorusha or Voynova planina in Slavic) spoke only Greek , with a northern greek accent and dialect but only Greek. Trust me , if her name was Gordanka or Snezana and told me stories of Baby Yaga and Hitar Petar i wouldnt be arguing with you now

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voio
                            Despina,my cousin is also Despina ,and she is Macedonian,I hardly belive that Greeks put names like DESPINA=DESPOT=GOSPOD,you know Despot is used in Slovenia also like SIR!
                            Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
                            - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Delodephius
                              • Sep 2008

Despot is a Greek word. Many names show no relation to what ethnicity their carrier is.
                              अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
                              उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
                              This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
                              But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Viktor is a Latin name and means nothing in Slavic yet the most common users of this name are the Slavic Russians.

Comment

Working...
                                X