Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stojacanec
    • Dec 2009

ournirv.......you sound like a breath of fresh air....there has been no first-hand records for the study of Slavic mythology until any sort of writing system before the arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in 862 but your here to preach to us your solid arguments of what constitutes a Slav......

Bravo go and tell your greek buddies, don't waist our time, they must love this dribble.

By the way, don't really know who is from North Africa, at some stage we all were, but most of you new greeks have been assimilated or indoctrinated into the new greek state. Just look at your new greek constitution of 1830 and the 1.4 million refugees in 1920 to name a few.

Comment

• Voltron
      Banned
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      There is no such thing as a 'pure Slav'. You can't apply the label of 'purity' because, as a lingua franca, Proto Slavic itself developed from the pool of Balto-Slavic languages that were spoken in the Danube regions and further north. It is likely to have incorporated features from several diverse areas during the process of solidification prior to the 6th century.
      I meant "pure" for the lack of a better term. In terms of athropological standards I would say the Poles best represent the Slav ethnos.

Then we must say the same thing for the Germans. It would be to simplistic just to say its a linguistic term and nothing more. Its also an ethnic one that actually represents a group of people.

It is also unreasonable to assume that all of the Danubian 'Slavs' or peoples of the Balkan 'Sclavinias' spoke exactly the same variant of this lingua franca
      I never said they spoke the exact same variant of the language.
      On a couple youtube videos I saw, there was a serb commenting how close polish was to serbian. So it cant be that far off. Probably be like Cypriot to Mainland Greek.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Voltron
        I meant "pure" for the lack of a better term. In terms of athropological standards I would say the Poles best represent the Slav ethnos.
        Why would you say that?
        Then we must say the same thing for the Germans. It would be to simplistic just to say its a linguistic term and nothing more. Its also an ethnic one that actually represents a group of people.
        Germanic is not the same as German.
        On a couple youtube videos I saw, there was a serb commenting how close polish was to serbian. So it cant be that far off. Probably be like Cypriot to Mainland Greek.
        When one hears Polish and Russian on TV or radio it is obvious that they aren't mutually intelligible with Macedonian. Some of the context and vocabulary may be understood in varying degrees, hearing it in person or reading it may make it a little easier, but it is not enough. Cypriot and standard Greek are both demotic languages that stem from Koine, but standard Greek is official in both Cyprus and Greece. They are much closer to each other than Macedonian or Serbian is to Polish or Russian.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• ournirv
          • Jan 2012

Didn't talk about Slavic mythology or preach anything stoj... Clearly stated that anything i wrote was as per that linked brittanica article (along with some other universities' articles but didn't cite them). For the third time, I only wanted to point out the topic was incorrectly quoted. Do you dispute that? Anyhow, I regress. Forum warrioring isn't for me. Didn't set out to settle the migrational intermingling of Slavs. I'll leave that to the experts.

Comment

• Stojacanec
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by ournirv View Post
            Didn't talk about Slavic mythology or preach anything stoj... Clearly stated that anything i wrote was as per that linked brittanica article (along with some other universities' articles but didn't cite them). For the third time, I only wanted to point out the topic was incorrectly quoted. Do you dispute that? Anyhow, I regress. Forum warrioring isn't for me. Didn't set out to settle the migrational intermingling of Slavs. I'll leave that to the experts.
            I agree to leave the research to the experts and not be dictated by money laundering politicians and their factions....

However, while we are on the topic of all things Britannica, I own an Atlas, The Encyclopaedia Britannica from 1983 that shows a map of Macedonia...as Macedonia.... a region that Greece today emphatically denies.

Comment

• ournirv
              • Jan 2012

A “fair compromise” with a geographic qualifier is the most appropriate solution to the long-running dispute between Greece and the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia over the latter country...

paragraph 4:
              “Greece believes and has repeatedly stated that the solution lies in a fair compromise, in a name with a geographical qualifier, since Macedonia is a geographic region that overlaps the territory of more than one country. And that this name must be used in relation to everyone,” said Mr. Lambrinidis.

in short, greece doesnt deny a macedonian region as you have said it does stoj.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

ournirv, there is only one country called Macedonia. Sounds like Lambrinidis is another sheep.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Stojacanec
                  • Dec 2009

These name negotitions are not a right ournirv. They are a myth propagated by the new greeks. Greece has denied the existance of a Macedonia and Macedonians as a distrinct race, culture, ethnicity to Greek. Don't try and polish a turd as in Mr Lambrinidis.

These negotiations are for the pupose of EU and NATO entry, only. All Macedonia has to do is stop negotiations on the name hopefully we will be accepted our merits.

Then you will have only your myths left to tell your grand kids.

Comment

• ournirv
                    • Jan 2012

Probably shoulda made some text bold. Stoj said Greece denies a region of Macedonia. Labrinidis said that there's several countries that each have a part of the region of Macedonia. There's a difference between denying a region and denying a country.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

ournirv previously the greeks called the land they call macedonia as occupied teritories.THey burned thousands & hundreds of villages & expulsed a lot of people so that they could change the composition of people & denied macedonian existence.They are now saying the prosfeges from turkey are macedonian & has renamed the land province of macedonia.No wonder they got a problem with the name because what they did was illegal.Their pretext was that they liberated the lands how by taking of by force from macedonians themselves & tried to appropriate history that belongs to the macedonian people.
                      Sinply took land that was not theirs.
                      Last edited by George S.; 01-23-2012, 05:51 PM. Reason: ed
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• ournirv
                        • Jan 2012

Calling something an occupied territory doesn't change it's geographic/regional name to "occupied territory". it's still the region of Macedonia.
                        The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

Considering it was occupied (definition 3) from the Turks. It was then occupied (definition 1 or 2, your choice) by population exchanged peoples. What'd you expect a country to do with newly acquired territory and a newly acquired population?

Comment

• Stojacanec
                          • Dec 2009

Probably shoulda made some text bold. Stoj said Greece denies a region of Macedonia. Labrinidis said that there's several countries that each have a part of the region of Macedonia. There's a difference between denying a region and denying a country.
                          Well done for identifying a historic region called Macedonia that covers a few countries. I didn't need Labriadis to tell me that.

You forgot to mention the second part; are you, Mr Labriadis and your cohorts denying there are Macedonians that differ to the Greeks ethnically, culturally and linguistically?

Our country's name is not similar to any other name of the region. Its even different to the peripheral names the new Greeks placed in 1988 Western, Central and Eastern Macedonia.

Comment

• ournirv
                            • Jan 2012

And which name exactly is different from greece's central, western and eastern Macedonia?

Comment

• makedonche
                              • Oct 2008

And which name exactly is different from greece's central, western and eastern Macedonia?
                              And what were they know as prior to 1988?
                              On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Stojacanec
                                • Dec 2009

Can you differentiate between a country and a council or periphery ournirv? Or are you just playing dumb to waste people's time?

Also here is my question to you for the third time:

........ are you, Mr Labriadis and your cohorts denying there are Macedonians that differ to the Greeks ethnically, culturally and linguistically?

Comment

Working...
                                X