• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MP_MK
    Banned
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
    MP_MK I'm not sure where your coming from.

Did you realize that UMD squandered (Blew out of the Water more like it) a glorious opportunity to have a small group (about a dozen) young, highly trained and educated Macedonians to their cause in the nations capital?

The reason why these young Macedonians did not sign up was because they all have one thing in common - they have in their hearts and minds a list of non-negotiable items, beginning with the name and going down the list.

This FORUM is in some ways a media centre, a learning resource and a meeting place for many people. The fact that so many people who share the same values and beliefs can be in one place together - is a powerful step in the right direction and everything counts, no matter how small it might seem to be. All of us have contributed to our defence in our communities in some way shape or form. But the "your not doing enough" or "all you do is spend time on the internet" ...etc is missing the point. If an organization made up of 5 people who shared a commoon list of non-negotiables was started tommorrow - it would be bigger than any diaspora organization in terms of membership in no time at all.
    Pelister:

Although I agree with some of your points, I am not sure what the decisions of UMD have to do with me?

I made a comment many days ago that the highest Australian Macedonian officals all agreed that Meto conducting the interveiew that I secured, at that point was a good idea. I relayed that information back to the community here at MTO (members asked to be kept in the loop) and all of a sudden I was in the firing line as some "UMD puppet".

The key individuals here including RTG and AMHRC, know that I have no greater interest in one org then the other. I support AMHRC's view as much as I support UMD They are both orgs with positives, and both need our unified suppoort.

Comment

• makedonche
      • Oct 2008

MP_MK
      "The disorg, dis-unity and stupidity on the part of Macedonians in Australia, I have no doubt will seal our destiny as the underdog with no voice for decades to come IF UNLESS something unified is done.:"

What is the cause of this disunity? Where does it come from?
      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• MP_MK
        Banned
        • Aug 2009

For the record:

In no way, shape or form will I ever take an acitve role in any of the Diaspora orgs. My focus has always been and will continue to be on areas within Macedonia and for the Macedonian people that need our assistance.

Comment

• Rogi
          • Sep 2008

The Macedonian Government will not make a statement about removing their vote for Australia's bid for the UN Security Council seat.

This is because they never promised their vote to Australia, nor has Australia officially asked for Macedonia's support.

Though more importantly, it is because Macedonia has already promised its' vote to Luxembourg and a statement suggesting anything contrary will be viewed as a diplomatic faux pas.

It was difficult to begin with in arguing that Rann's statement may affect Macedonia's vote for Australia, because that was never going to be the case. That angle may may be enough to stir initial interest, but not enough to hold.

Comment

• MP_MK
            Banned
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
            MP_MK
            "The disorg, dis-unity and stupidity on the part of Macedonians in Australia, I have no doubt will seal our destiny as the underdog with no voice for decades to come IF UNLESS something unified is done.:"

What is the cause of this disunity? Where does it come from?

Unless this is a loaded question....

I strongly feel that being a small Diaspora, various state groups have their hierarchy in place, are comfortable and are complacent.

There are of course many different view points on the Macedonian matter, these need to be addressed, dealt with and a unified approach needs to be implemented moving forward.

Comment

• MP_MK
              Banned
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
              The Macedonian Government will not make a statement about removing their vote for Australia's bid for the UN Security Council seat.

This is because they never promised their vote to Australia, nor has Australia officially asked for Macedonia's support.

Though more importantly, it is because Macedonia has already promised its' vote to Luxembourg and a statement suggesting anything contrary will be viewed as a diplomatic faux pas.

It was difficult to begin with in arguing that Rann's statement may affect Macedonia's vote for Australia, because that was never going to be the case. That angle may may be enough to stir initial interest, but not enough to hold.

Actually Rogi,

The MK Gov are still waiting on an official reply from the Australian Gov on Rann's position, this is fact.

If MK come out and say "We will not vote for Australia (or we didn't vote for Aus) based on Rann's public display" All media will hit this hard, that is fact.

Comment

• makedonche
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by MP_MK View Post
                Unless this is a loaded question....

I strongly feel that being a small Diaspora, various state groups have their hierarchy in place, are comfortable and are complacent.

There are of course many different view points on the Macedonian matter, these need to be addressed, dealt with and a unified approach needs to be implemented moving forward.
                MP_MK
                Not a loaded question at all, asked from the perspective of "curing the disease" as opposed to treating the symptoms.
                On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• MP_MK
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                  MP_MK
                  Not a loaded question at all, asked from the perspective of "curing the disease" as opposed to treating the symptoms.

To be honest, I don't think curing the disease will be such a large job. It will take the right people, the right connections and some time / sponsorship.

I believe if the right people focused on being active and unifying the Australian Diaspora, it can be done within 6 months.

Less focus on tearing down orgs / individuals and more focus on putting a game plan in place, implementing a strategy and uniting for a better tomorrow.

Comment

• Pelister
                    • Sep 2008

The key individuals here including RTG and AMHRC, know that I have no greater interest in one org then the other. I support AMHRC's view as much as I support UMD They are both orgs with positives, and both need our unified suppoort.
                    How well are you informed about UMD? I know they are persuasive, but you should read their statements that that go back 4 years, specifically their defence of the current Western processes that have rallied against our people and our State. It wouldn't do you any harm to question them on this, as I have done.

AMHRC's and UMD are two very different organizations (apples and oranges). I don't like putting them together - the former has a proven legal track record in Australia and substance and funds Macedonian minorities world-wide, while the latter is more interested in promoting its own "image" in the West quoting big numbers, dropping references to secret deals that it has been privy to only.

I can't trust anyone who says that he personally wants Macedonia to change its name, and not give me a reason why.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

I strongly feel that Macedonia can do with more people that are capable of accepting criticism and admitting to their errors. Those that blatantly deny their own shortcomings will always be subject to criticism. You are one of these people MP_MK, so is your buddy Meto.

As I said before, you made all sorts of claims and several of them have remained uncorroborated. When you were asked about these, you reacted like the little schoolgirl that you are by throwing a tantrum. Get over yourself already, you act like you facilitated everything that took place in reaction to your mate in Adelaide, you provided weasel excuses as to why the matter concerning Rann was not addressed much earlier, you spoke on behalf of people and entities that you later refused to name, and the list of fantastic actions attributed to your sensationalist character goes on.

Good on you for doing your bit. Shame on you for not being able to accept criticism and the sentiments of people at the MTO, and for behaving less than heroic when realising that several people here did not agree with how the matter was being handled, or the people you were advocating for.

The Macedonian Cause is bigger than all of us, unity is useless unless we are aligned and on the same page. We have Meto advocating for a 'democratic' prefix on the one hand, and then you, out of nowhere, advocating for Meto to do interviews with Australian media rather than supporting a local group like the AMHRC for this purpose. What do you want me to say, that I agree with such ignorance? I can't, and I won't. You can carry on though.
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

For the record:

In no way, shape or form will I ever take an acitve role in any of the Diaspora orgs. My focus has always been and will continue to be on areas within Macedonia and for the Macedonian people that need our assistance.
                        Why not? Are Macedonians in the Diaspora not worthy of assistance?
                        That is a pretty big statement. Would you still help Macedonia (solely) if its name is changed to say Illirida?
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

In no way, shape or form will I ever take an acitve role in any of the Diaspora orgs.
                          Yet he has no issues with appearing out of thin air and trying to assume the role of head honcho in a Diaspora affair.
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• MP_MK
                            Banned
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                            I strongly feel that Macedonia can do with more people that are capable of accepting criticism and admitting to their errors. Those that blatantly deny their own shortcomings will always be subject to criticism. You are one of these people MP_MK, so is your buddy Meto.

As I said before, you made all sorts of claims and several of them have remained uncorroborated. When you were asked about these, you reacted like the little schoolgirl that you are by throwing a tantrum. Get over yourself already, you act like you facilitated everything that took place in reaction to your mate in Adelaide, you provided weasel excuses as to why the matter concerning Rann was not addressed much earlier, you spoke on behalf of people and entities that you later refused to name, and the list of fantastic actions attributed to your sensationalist character goes on.

Good on you for doing your bit. Shame on you for not being able to accept criticism and the sentiments of people at the MTO, and for behaving less than heroic when realising that several people here did not agree with how the matter was being handled, or the people you were advocating for.

The Macedonian Cause is bigger than all of us, unity is useless unless we are aligned and on the same page. We have Meto advocating for a 'democratic' prefix on the one hand, and then you, out of nowhere, advocating for Meto to do interviews with Australian media rather than supporting a local group like the AMHRC for this purpose. What do you want me to say, that I agree with such ignorance? I can't, and I won't. You can carry on though.

SOTS:

Your stupidity continues to amaze me!

Your reply tells me that you have no real connections or have no voice.

I have told you in the past, my name and face is connected to this forum via the FB page etc.. if you continue to insult me using terms such as "Mickey Mouse" & "Schoolgirl", I assure you that you will be held accountable and those are not the words of a keyboard warrior, so I suggest you pull your head in and start acting your age.

As I have repeatedly stated and will state one more time- Having Meto conduct the interview was agreed upon by 3 of the highest official members of the Australian Macedonian community, and when I say official, I am not referring to the soccer coach! If you had half a thought process between your ears, you will realize that there are only 3 official national Macedonian individuals, so if you can identify them and choose to contact them, by all means do so and report back, but as stated earlier I will not mention their names here. RTG and Macedonche have been advised who they are (at least two of them) perhaps ask them, go confirm and report back.

you act like you facilitated everything that took place in reaction to your mate in Adelaide,

How so? The reaction to this matter (apart from two articles which I was not responsible for) had nothing to do with Meto (if it is him you are referring to when you say "mate") I can tell you that every newspaper / television article overseas, the exposure of this video overseas, and other media releases in Australia plus all contact with media within Australia, stems from this campaign. But so what?? Does that make me some hero??? It makes me nothing, just an individual fighting for the cause! What it does make, is awareness to the Macedoanian cause. Something you were not and continue not to be part of. Is this the real reason you are bitter and destructive? Becasue you did not assist or it wasn't your idea, or something other?? I fail to understand your pathetic protest on the matter. It's sickening.

you provided weasel excuses as to why the matter concerning Rann was not addressed much earlier,

No, I stood up and took the blame for others that supressed the video to begin with.

you spoke on behalf of people and entities that you later refused to name,

Yes, I refuse to name officials on a public forum, particularly without their permission, however as stated a number of times: RTG and others are aware of these officials and choose to remain silent, for whatever reason unknown to me.

Comment

• makedonche
                              • Oct 2008

To be honest, I don't think curing the disease will be such a large job. It will take the right people, the right connections and some time / sponsorship.

I believe if the right people focused on being active and unifying the Australian Diaspora, it can be done within 6 months.

Less focus on tearing down orgs / individuals and more focus on putting a game plan in place, implementing a strategy and uniting for a better tomorrow.
                              MP_MK
                              I'm all for it and prepared to assist, let's get together and progress this forward, PM me a time and place and let's do it.

Comment

• MP_MK
                                Banned
                                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                                Why not? Are Macedonians in the Diaspora not worthy of assistance?
                                That is a pretty big statement. Would you still help Macedonia (solely) if its name is changed to say Illirida?

I conclude that Macedonian's in the diaspora are capable enough to stand on their own feet, but mostly choose not to, therefore do not deserve to be spoonfed assistance.

Let's replace "Macedonia" with "The Macedonian People"

Comment

Working...
                                X