X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
    Здраво Брајќа, убо е што сега имаме стварно 'Македонска' форум.

Very nice work
    The best there is!!
    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Pesijazal
      • Sep 2008

Dobar den i dobro ve najdov

Comment

• Jankovska
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Pesijazal View Post
        Dobar den i dobro ve najdov

Dal bog dobro

Comment

• El Bre
          • Sep 2008

Congratulations on the new site lads, looks great!!!
          Last edited by El Bre; 09-03-2008, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• Venom
            • Sep 2008

Dobar den! What a lovely morning it is to be a proud member of not one but two forums you know are going to help your people.
            S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Lovely to have you all come by.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Mikail
                • Sep 2008

Congratulations! Nice site!
                From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"
                From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Dejan
                  • Sep 2008

Dobro ve najdov Makedonci! Good to see some of the old members of Maknews still fighting the good fight. Look forward to sharing experiences with fellow Macedonians and those who respect us.

Pozdrav
                  You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Inca
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2008

Hey guys!! miss me?

Congradulations on this board. Let's hope on one thing though...That the turko/vlah rmk a.k.a. alex gul doesnt come by and ruin it for all of us like he did in maknews. Lets keep this board hardcore.

anyway. congrats!!

Comment

• MapleLeaf1
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                      Hey guys!! miss me?

Congradulations on this board. Let's hope on one thing though...That the turko/vlah rmk a.k.a. alex gul doesnt come by and ruin it for all of us like he did in maknews. Lets keep this board hardcore.

anyway. congrats!!
                      Yes, keep it hardcore and no hiding behind pseudo ethnicity's

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                        Hey guys!! miss me?

anyway. congrats!!
                        RMK is a Macedonian, Inca.
                        As a Macedonian, he is welcome here.
                        I urge you to be very careful here.
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• osiris
                          • Sep 2008

hey inca
                          better take of your blinker
                          or else you gonna end
                          up in a stinker

you see pseudo incas dont cut the mustard very well. alex or rmk is a good patriotic macedonian, you are an apologist for fascist greece.

Comment

• Inca
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by osiris View Post
                            hey inca
                            better take of your blinker
                            or else you gonna end
                            up in a stinker

you see pseudo incas dont cut the mustard very well. alex or rmk is a good patriotic macedonian, you are an apologist for fascist greece.

Ok..let the facts begin.

mustard does not get cut...it spreads.

Inca: 1
                            osiris: 0

who's next?

Comment

• osiris
                              • Sep 2008

surely you jest or are really ignorant about english and its many sayings.

Comment

• osiris
                                • Sep 2008

here listen and earn mr inca

[Q] From Jerzy Wawro: “Some years ago I came across an article about a zoo and its new acquisition, a lion. The zoo had hoped to gain cubs, but this lion, as the newspaper informed me, was unable to cut his mustard. What has mustard got to do with it? Is there a good story behind this expression or is it just one of those enduring nonsenses?”

[A] It seems that the phrase is of early twentieth-century US origin. The first recorded use of the phrase is by O Henry in 1907, in a story called The Heart of the West: “I looked around and found a proposition that exactly cut the mustard”. The modern sense of the idiom is “to succeed; to have the ability to do something; to come up to expectations”. But why that exact phrase, nobody seems to know. Cutting mustard is hardly an arduous endeavour, after all, and there seems not to be any older phrase to which it is related.

One explanation that is sometimes given is that the phrase is a corrupted form of cut the muster, in some way connected with the military muster or assembly of troops for inspection. However, if you cut a muster, presumably you do not attend it, so how this can be connected with the idea of excellence is far from clear. The clinching argument for this not being the source is that nobody has found the supposedly original phrase cut the muster anywhere.

It’s much more likely that it’s a development of the long-established use of mustard as a superlative, as in phrases such as keen as mustard. In the nineteenth century in America, mustard was used figuratively to mean something that added zest to a situation, and the proper mustard was something that was the genuine article. The move from genuine to excellent is just a short step. O Henry used the word in the sense of something excellent in Cabbages and Kings in 1904: “I’m not headlined in the bills, but I’m the mustard in the salad dressing just the same”.

But how the idea of cutting the mustard became included are not known.

As I can’t fully answer your question, let me present as a consolation prize the reason why mustard is so named. It derives from an ancient French way of making a hot condiment by grinding up the seeds of various members of the cabbage family in the freshly pressed juice of grapes, then called the moust (must in modern English). A French word moustarde appeared to describe this mixture, which was brought into English in the twelfth century and quickly settled to the modern spelling. (Luckily moust and moustarde shifted their spelling and pronunciation in the same direction down the years, so their connection is still obvious.)

Comment

Working...
                                X