Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

It wasn't Christians or Jews that carried out the attack. Perhaps some of you need to put yourselves in the shoes of the people who actually lost loved one's, instead of throwing out these armchair comments while pretending to be on some moral high ground. I have never been anti-Islam, but I will always be pro-logic. It is just too soon. I would say the same if the Americans built protestant churches all over Japan a few years after bombing the hell out of it, I do think the same when Jews promptly build their houses and institutions on lands formerly belonging to Palestinians that were previously driven out.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Buktop
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      If you're unable to see the symbolism and what it would represent, now, you need to take the blinkers off. It is not just the constitution but sensitivities that need to be respected. It's just too soon. Did you lose any loved one's during the 9/11 attack?
      Personally, no I didn't, but my friend's father was killed. And several of my close relatives who are firemen were sent to the towers that day.

4 blocks is clearly not close enough to cause this much of a sensation. I understand the sensibilities, and many of the families of the victims do not mind the location.

It's been 9 years since it happened, how long should we wait?

Forgiveness and mutual understanding is what is required. The average person doesn't know the difference between Sunni and Shiah. The average person doesn't even understand why september 11 happened.
      "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
      though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
      Our long awaited hour will draw near
      and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop
        I understand the sensibilities, and many of the families of the victims do not mind the location.
        Many? I find that hard to believe. Can you show me some statistics of the victims' families for and against this endeavour, to support your suggestion?
        It's been 9 years since it happened, how long should we wait?
        I can't answer that, but clearly, more time needs to pass.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

I reckon it's too soon,people still remember if it's happened yesterday.Some people say if there was a mosque next to it it may not have happened.Also the war on terror has changed it all completely.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Frank
            Banned
            • Mar 2010

Why are many of you so understanding of this event that year Washington was behind the Terrorists attacks in our Homeland have any of you forgotten that it is fresh in my mind as yesterday

There have been four times in History were Americans have manufactured tragedy of thier own citizens for a Global agenda, infact Empires have done the same

All this sympathy for whom to believe in a so called 'War on Terror'
            Last edited by Frank; 09-20-2010, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Louis Riel
              • Aug 2010

Frank.....you think 9/11 was a mossad operation?

Therer have been four times in History were Amercians have manafuctured tragedy of a Global agenda
              Can you explain this in a little more detail?

In regards to the mosque....they should be able to build them wherever..its their right.Now if we're going to start picking and choosing....well i say no religious objects get built anywhere because all religions are offensive to me and none are as innocent as they all claim to be.
              Last edited by Louis Riel; 09-20-2010, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• Buktop
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                Many? I find that hard to believe. Can you show me some statistics of the victims' families for and against this endeavour, to support of your suggestion?

I can't answer that, but clearly, more time needs to pass.
                "There is no simple, singular 9/11 group who really should or could speak for all 9/11 family members," said Donna Marsh O'Connor of September Eleventh Families for Peaceful Tomorrows, a coalition of more than 250 families which recently endorsed the mosque. Since the endorsement, the membership numbers have grown, she said.

here's one example, there are more out there.
                "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
                though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
                Our long awaited hour will draw near
                and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Frank
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2010

Louis I will be a Conspiracy nut if I do and plus google is your friend

Comment

• Louis Riel
                    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                    Louis I will be a Conspiracy nut if I do and plus google is your friend

Google is not my friend...according to the Chinese government and i dont think youre a nut...skepticism is good..without it we wouldnt know anything.I was just wondering what it is thats convinced you of Israeli involvement and what you meant by this.....
                    Therer have been four times in History were Amercians have manafuctured tragedy of a Global agenda

Comment

• Onur
                      • Apr 2010

Here we go... I knew that some people would try to add Turkey in to the 9/11 confusion and here it is;

The Christian Action Network and PRB Films are please to premier their latest documentary, "SACRIFICED SURVIVORS: The Untold Story of the Ground Zero Mosque.”

The film includes undercover footage at the mosque—Yes, the controversial mosque is already constructed and holds services every Friday. The proposal in question is to expand this facility into a 13-story, $100 million Islamic center within eye’s view of the former site of the World Trade Center.

“It is a 45-minute film that is fueled by the testimony of the survivors and the families of the victims of the attacks of September 11, 2001. It is about how they feel about the mosque being built on the site where their loved ones lost their lives,” said Jason Campbell, CAN’s Projects Director.

In “Sacrificed Survivors,” CAN’s staff go undercover into the mosque so the viewer can see the prayer room that is already being used and feel like they are a part of the drama that is unfolding in New York City...

Join CAN and PRB Films at the premeir of this film in New York City on October 28th, 2010 at 6:00 pm. The Event will take place at 3 West Club in New York City.

https://www.christianaction.org/civi...o?id=2&reset=1

Now look at the cover of the DVD movie;

Turkish flag on top of ground zero!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if there are American Armenians and/or Greeks in to this
                      Last edited by Onur; 10-21-2010, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• CA_RO
                        • May 2010

Unacceptable and callous

It is unacceptable that the pastor at the Florida Church has stated his intentions to burn the Koran. It is good news to hear that his bad intentions have been condemned. I also welcome the fact that this sick man has ceased from pursuing his action.

He should stick to that decision and never bring up such topic again.

I believe Mr Obama has made the correct decision into allowing a Mosque being built in the vicinity or near the area of 9/11. It is a Democratic right and is firmly upheld in the Constitution of the United States of America. If there is support to build a mosque in which there is then that Mosque should be allowed to be built. It is a fundamental freedom of all religions no matter what the religion is. Islamic, Orthodox, Catholic whatever the religion may be has the same equal rights to freedom and transparency.

No religion should be judged that is unfair and it should be stopped. Muslim people have rights just like a Catholic has rights. We are all human beings after all.

Comment

• Frank
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2010

Well said CA_RO

The Americans will be the biggest hypocrites on Earth if they don't allow a Mosque to be built

Comment

• julie
                            • May 2009

Frank, They already are the biggest hypocrites..
                            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                              • Jan 2010

I did a speech on this very issue at school yesterday for English.

Firstly, the proposed park 51 project is NOT a mosque. It is a community centre that is to be multi-faith and secular. It is targeted at the Islamic population of New York, although it welcomes all citizens. From what I found out, there are over 6000 churches or christian community centres in New York, 1000 synagogues and only 100 mosques. So surely it is fair to add another area (two floors of the basement) for the Muslim population to practise their religion.

It is 2 blocks north of the ground zero site, and will not be visible from that particular position. What I really can't understand though, is that all Muslims are essentially being blamed for the 9/11 attacks, their whole religion has been scrutinised against. A lot of Muslims do not even want to be associated with extremists, and disagree with their actions. One of the developers of the park 51 project said, 'Our identity has been stolen from us. It has been stolen by extremists.' As a result, I don't think it is fair at all that people are putting restrictions on where they may practise their religion. A whole new generation of Muslims have grown up with an unwanted stereotype attached to them.

I'm saying this from a neutral point of view, even though I disagree with many of the actions of Albanian Muslims. I just think the media and in particular right wing politicians have blown this topic out of proportion. A lot of the statements made by them are very inaccurate and biased.
                              Last edited by EgejskaMakedonia; 10-22-2010, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                                • Sep 2010

What I really can't understand though, is that all Muslims are essentially being blamed for the 9/11 attacks, their whole religion has been scrutinised against.
                                Don't blame the American people on this because they are to stupid to think on their own. Blame the media for brainwashing people in 2001/2002 into thinking that "Muslims are the threat to this country" "Muslims attacked us and want to destroy America". They used these type of tactics so they can attack Arab countries with Christian support in America.

I just think the media and in particular right wing politicians have blown this topic out of proportion.
                                The entire media in America is leftist and almost all of it is owned by Jews. And show me some hard evidence that how right-wing politicians were involved in stopping the Mosque.

Like I said above, American people are still suffering from 2001/2002 brainwashing and still see Islam as a threat.

Comment

Working...
                                X