X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Serbian folk star Ceca may face up to 12 years in prison

Comprehensive up-to-date news coverage, aggregated from sources all over the world.

24 November 2010 | Svetlana Raznatovic, one of the most popular pop folk singers of Serbia, may spend up to 12 years behind bars, if the prosecution presses successfully the charges, which yesterday leaked in the press: earning some 3 million USD from illegal sales of football players and illegal possession of firearms.

Ceca's former husband, the warlord Zeljko Raznatovic, also known as Arkan, left her a significant inheritance in Serbian standards, after getting killed in 2000. His name was one of the dark legends of Serbia because of the cruelties his paramilitary troops were known committing during the armed conflicts following the fall of former Yugoslavia. After the end of the military activities he maintained a network of relationships with Serbia's underground world and was for a while one of the suspects in connection with the murder of the former Prime Minister Zoran Djindjic.

Ceca, who started her career as a singer when she was 15, in 1988, preserved her popularity through the years and far beyong the death of her husband. In 2010 she managed to gather on a concert in Prilep, Macedonia, an audience of 130 000.

The Serbian prosecution is after her for seven years, but still hasn't filed formal charges.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bratot
      • Sep 2008

Indigen,

before you accept this article as valid please make a reasearch about the author Atanas/Anastas Vangeli (Vlav) and his publications on the website okno.mk sponsored by SOROS and holding pro-SDS views as well:

He is also using the pseudonims: Ofchar (Shepherd) and Vuna; on blogosphera and other forums.

than check the site of the Center for Research and Policy Making to see who they are:

The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
        • Jan 2009

It would be a great shame for the yugoslavs in Macedonia (or do they preffer FYROM?) and in the diaspora if Ceca was to be jailed and not make any more masterpieces. Heaven forbid to listening and supporting macedonian music!!!

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

good to hear about the prilep beer festival.It's made me thirst for macedonian beer.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• indigen
            • May 2009

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
            Indigen,

before you accept this article as valid please make a reasearch about the author Atanas/Anastas Vangeli (Vlav) and his publications on the website okno.mk sponsored by SOROS and holding pro-SDS views as well:

He is also using the pseudonims: Ofchar (Shepherd) and Vuna; on blogosphera and other forums.
            Thanks for the advice, Brate. I did have a quick look just now of the above link and see what you mean. I read his articles on Macedonian nationalism and they are quite revolting, to say the least. Very rough and crude anti-Macedonian propaganda.

than check the site of the Center for Research and Policy Making to see who they are:
            http://www.crpm.org.mk/Home.htm
            I have no time to really do much research on this as I do not know what to look for but I do notice a certain Zhidas (Zhivko Daskalovski) present there. Do you know what he is on about now because he was parading around as a patriot going back 10 years or so ago?
            The president of CRPM, Zhidas Daskalovski presented at a round table on think tank development in the region held in Podgorica
            Last edited by indigen; 11-27-2010, 02:21 AM. Reason: NB: I deleted my original post.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

You know i've checked the sites out & yes exactly as indigen has said it is anti macedonian.Not worth reading any more crap.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
              X